Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Impressions

Love it!

New IS300h Advance in Arctic Pearl picked up from the dealers today. So smooth and quiet, and obviously I was not pushing it, but 59 mpg recorded on the 90 mile trip home, mainly M6 and M1 can't be sniffed at. Very impressed, as is Mrs Baxlin, with how comfortable the seats are.

But......

Need a long session with the handbook to get to grips with the Satnav and radio - and there's very little storage for the spare specs, torch, hi vis jacket,etc,etc that the Mercedes swallowed with no problem.

And for a 'luxury' brand car to have no warning triangle or first aid kit is a bit cheap IMHO.

Having said that, though, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the next couple of years.

Malcolm

You only get warning triangles on cars that are likely to breakdown. There is no spare wheel so you will not take all the skin off your knuckles changing a wheel so no need for a first aid kit. Enjoy your great car.

😂😂😜😜

• Like 3

I still think that the Premier version should have ALL of the bells and whistles. I'm still disappointed at the items that have been left out that I had on my SE-L. I know that those missed out can often be had as 'options' but, I really do think that the so called 'Top of the Range' should have them ALL as standard.

Love Richard's comments :D

I still think that the Premier version should have ALL of the bells and whistles.

What does it not have that you would want regards as essential?

My Fsport has extras but to be honest are they essential?

Electric memory seats, I am the only driver so never use it.

Cooled seats are nice to a point but I doubt I will ever use heated seats. Keyless entry is a nice gadget but one press of the remote to open the doors is hardly taxing!! I would not want a car without an auto dimming rear view mirror,folding door mirrors and a reverse camera. SatNav Electric windows & aircon are essential to me but standard on most cars now.

Ed :innocent:

• Like 1

I still think that the Premier version should have ALL of the bells and whistles.

What does it not have that you would want regards as essential?

My Fsport has extras but to be honest are they essential?

Electric memory seats, I am the only driver so never use it.

Cooled seats are nice to a point but I doubt I will ever use heated seats. Keyless entry is a nice gadget but one press of the remote to open the doors is hardly taxing!! I would not want a car without an auto dimming rear view mirror,folding door mirrors and a reverse camera. SatNav Electric windows & aircon are essential to me but standard on most cars now.

Ed :innocent:

For me also the electric seats are unnecessary, but the winter in Surrey can be severe, so the heated seats are useful :D. The keyless remote is useful and especially so for ladies with Mary Poppins handbags. About 10 years ago my list of must haves was very short. Auto gearbox and aircon.

I wonder how the OP is getting on with the manual :lol:

I'm curious how the O.P. managed to get 59 mpg.i've had my is300h sport for 8 months now and I've never managed more than 48-50 mpg.i'm aware of the different driving style needed but I cannot figure it out.

I think a lot is down to the tyres, we have ridiculously wide tyres which have a big impact on our mpg, I can get 60 (as measured by the car) quite easily on individual trips, but tend to be about 46mpg over a tank (doing quite a few short trips) the op has an advance which has "wide" but not ridiculously wide tyres.

OP here!

Not had chance to really look at the manual, but I will, eventually!

59mpg, well, it is a brand new car, and I haven't had a hybrid before, so while keeping to the speed limits, (but only just) I was driving deliberately, trying to keep out of the white "power" band of the meter.

The manager at the dealership suggested that often better mpg could be had in 'normal' rather than 'eco' mode, so that's what I did, along with, as advised by various members on here, getting up to speed as soon as reasonably possible, and feathering the gas pedal to maintain speed. This I did with the CC.

I had the display showing mpg all the time. BTW, now there's been more mixed use, it's down to 53.

My previous car was an exceptionally frugal manual Merc C220, which on a similar run, I would have been disappointed to see less than 64 mpg.

I suppose it's my driving style, really, I reserve the spirited driving to my 3 wheeler, where I get 35-ish mpg from a 500cc V-twin, redlined at 9500, and which has little to offer below 6000rpm!

Malcolm

OP here!

Not had chance to really look at the manual, but I will, eventually!

59mpg, well, it is a brand new car, and I haven't had a hybrid before, so while keeping to the speed limits, (but only just) I was driving deliberately, trying to keep out of the white "power" band of the meter.

The manager at the dealership suggested that often better mpg could be had in 'normal' rather than 'eco' mode, so that's what I did, along with, as advised by various members on here, getting up to speed as soon as reasonably possible, and feathering the gas pedal to maintain speed. This I did with the CC.

I had the display showing mpg all the time. BTW, now there's been more mixed use, it's down to 53.

My previous car was an exceptionally frugal manual Merc C220, which on a similar run, I would have been disappointed to see less than 64 mpg.

I suppose it's my driving style, really, I reserve the spirited driving to my 3 wheeler, where I get 35-ish mpg from a 500cc V-twin, redlined at 9500, and which has little to offer below 6000rpm!

Malcolm

IMO the manual is a nightmare to follow, so i'd leave it alone and just have a play.

Your mpg sounds about what I'd expect from the journey you had, and given the way you drove. The general advice seems to be using "normal" mode and not "eco" for reasons that others can explain better than I, so I'd agree with what your dealer told you. I've had my F Sport for almost two years and my all driving average is around 42 mpg. On a 100 mile mainly motorway drive where I'm driving gently as the Mrs prefers I'll nudge 60 mpg. If I stick it into Sport I can take it down to 25, and be quite happy with the experience!

I'm also beginning to see a few more on the road, which does dent the exclusivity a bit!

Most I've seen on our premier running 17inch wheels is an indicated 68mpg. This was Leicester down to London on the M1, and than about 20 miles of grid-lock traffic around the A406. I reckon 70mpg is doable, but than again I do drive very slowly on Motorways.

Going down to London again this weekend, but think I'll take the other car (which does an equivalent of about 140mpg :)), if I do end up taking the IS, will see if I can crack 70mpg :)

18009066378_6a3a71e609_z.jpg

Most I've seen on our premier running 17inch wheels is an indicated 68mpg. This was Leicester down to London on the M1, and than about 20 miles of grid-lock traffic around the A406. I reckon 70mpg is doable, but than again I do drive very slowly on Motorways.

Going down to London again this weekend, but think I'll take the other car (which does an equivalent of about 140mpg :)), if I do end up taking the IS, will see if I can crack 70mpg :)

18009066378_6a3a71e609_z.jpg

Just shows it's possible, and short periods of gridlock are great for the mpg, just gently moving on electric power only. It sure reduces the stress levels :)

Gang, I hope you're not heading to Westfield and the "T" place :msn-oh:

• Like 1

...just gently moving on electric power only. It sure reduces the stress levels :)

Gang, I hope you're not heading to Westfield and the "T" place :msn-oh:

Funny enough even my wife thought we might be making a detour to Westfield on the way home..But I've managed to get some self control.

Have decided to take the Leaf. 108 miles, max range of the car on a full charge on the M-ways is about 80 miles...So here's hoping the Ecotricity Rapid chargers aren't blocked by petrol cars/broken, otherwise my wife will never be getting into the Leaf again without it been at 100% charge :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links