Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, i am an old member of the forum, i use to have an IS200 what i loved and looking at getting back into a lexus. Sense my IS i have had BMW 3series 320I and i currently have a passat TDI. I am looking at changing car in the new year, i am currently thinking about going for a hybrid and the GS450H seems to be the car for me i should have about 12K to play with. So i am back on here doing some research. I have one question for now what kind of MPG people are getting in real life?

mpg for me, driven sensibly (but no mimsing) is 35mpg in general and up to 40mpg on a long journey. The problem for me personally is that the instant acceleration from the hybrid and V6 together is so seductive and difficult to leave alone -which drops mpg to 30/32 ;)

hth

mpg for me, driven sensibly (but no mimsing) is 35mpg in general and up to 40mpg on a long journey. The problem for me personally is that the instant acceleration from the hybrid and V6 together is so seductive and difficult to leave alone -which drops mpg to 30/32 ;)

hth

Thats not to bad at all, still much better than my BMW the best i managed out of that was 28MPG but most of the time i was getting low 20's. Most my driving is on minor A roads, doing 50-60 mph for about 20 miles each day.

hth

i have been thinking about the gs450h for a while and its statements like above make me want it even more - im not a boy racer but feel i need a change now after driving the ls range for nearly 8 years.

only think i can suggest is try to go for a warranty aswell for piece of mind

hth

i have been thinking about the gs450h for a while and its statements like above make me want it even more - im not a boy racer but feel i need a change now after driving the ls range for nearly 8 years.

I know what you mean, how he explained the torque from the car as seductive make me want one even more. I want to go back to petrol, be able to have a little fun from time to time but at the same time not be getting poor MPG. For example like a friend of mine has brought a new GOLF R, bloody quick but it drinks the petrol like no ones business. He loves the car but its costing him a small fortune to fill it up each time getting high teens and only managing 26 on runs. I brought a diesel for a the MPG, for a previous job that didn't work out. But i no longer warrant having a diesel as i don't do those mile anymore.

hth

resistance is futile......... :)

There is also a bit of fun to be had in learning how to maximise driving time on electric only - I've managed to get over 40mph on Battery alone for a period with careful throttle control, which also provides an excuse to then hit the loud pedal..........

As Mark says a warranty would be good, and try to get a car with plenty of the Lexus annual hybrid check certificates. With £12k you should be able to get a good late car, and with just a little more perhaps one from a Lexus Dealer looking to move metal on?

Good luck

Michael

Seems like theres quiet a few of us on here looking for a GS450H. I've enquired about the one at Lexus Leeds at the moment but they don't want to drop the price. Currently £9990, best they could do was £9750! I've got a limit of £9k so I've had to walk away but it might be a good deal for someone else. Its a SE-L got everything on it.

Mileage is proving to be a problem for me also. Ideally would like one under 50k miles but thats rare to see.

Seems like theres quiet a few of us on here looking for a GS450H. I've enquired about the one at Lexus Leeds at the moment but they don't want to drop the price. Currently £9990, best they could do was £9750! I've got a limit of £9k so I've had to walk away but it might be a good deal for someone else. Its a SE-L got everything on it.

Mileage is proving to be a problem for me also. Ideally would like one under 50k miles but thats rare to see.

Mileage is not an issue for me, i only have two requirements, its not white and hasn't got a cream interior.

that looks a mint car - It does have one problem though - i cant afford it lol.

for me it has to be either silver or nordic blue with cream or grey leather - dark colours and black leather is not for me

My BMW had cream leather i loved it at first, but by the time came to changing my car i hated it. I love my black leather/suede of my old IS, i like the cabin to be a little dark. Grey would be nice, but i haven't seen one with grey interior yet.

Mark, you like the Nordic blue? I'm right in thinking thats the real light (what looks to be purple)?

I'm not bothered on colour too much as long as it isn't the light purple :yack:

I'm with Aaron on the dark interior but gray could sway me. My wifes said no to cream and I'm on the same page.

The only reason I want reasonable mileage is sell on value in a few years. We'd put 10-12k on a year.

this is funny - i thought nodic blue was the light blue like the car here:

http://www.evansautos.co.uk/used-cars/north-cheam-surrey-lexus-gs-450h-se-auto-navigation-460/

but lexus are also advertising the navy blue one as nordic blue:

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-gs/gs-450h/3.5.aspx

Yeah the Lexus site has got the colour and interior listed wrong for the one in Leeds and Edinburgh. They are the wrong way round!

Nordic Blue is the light colour, Windsor Blue is the dark one.

hth

My consumption too.

It is a V6 with WARP DRIVE don`t forget!

Regards

John

• Like 1

hth

My consumption too.

Regards

John

Hi John, that is an excellent description of the car; you must be missing being able to drive it...Is the Mercedes all ok now?

Michael

hth

My consumption too.

Regards

John

Hi John, that is an excellent description of the car; you must be missing being able to drive it...Is the Mercedes all ok now?

Michael

Been down to the Driving Range this morning in it Michael and impressed my pal who has just bought an Audi A3 TDI !! (COUGH,COUGH.)

He cannot believe the smooth ride given the "moon mileage". He took me for a Tapas lunch and drooled!

It is running well again and am now booked to leave here on 13 November with an old school pal of mine who is flying out to play a couple of rounds of golf and to share the pleasure of driving the Merc 1700 miles back to Wirral.

The Lexus is sitting on the drive at home, hopefully having its Battery maintained by the Solar Charger.

Regards

John

I would echo what the previous posters have said about the car.

I constantly think about changing to a CT200h as I know deep down that the car would be much more sensible and better money wise and would be smaller around the narrow roads where I live etc. In fact many plus points to change....

but then.....

I remember that I would probably miss the enormous power difference between the two cars. And that in a nutshell is that.

GS450h is a very fine motor indeed.

I would echo what the previous posters have said about the car.

I constantly think about changing to a CT200h as I know deep down that the car would be much better money wise and would be smaller around the narrow roads where I live etc. In fact many plus points to change....

but then.....

I remember that I would probably miss the enormous power difference between the two cars. And that in a nutshell is that.

GS450h is a very fine car indeed.

And so say all of us!

Regards

John

hi 12k should get u something special i would aim a bit higher and knock them down,some dealers have still got the same cars as when i was looking in may but i would not touch anything without full lexus history,i love my car i dont drive too slow and average 29mpg day to day and around 40 mpg on a run. good luck

http://www.evansautos.co.uk/used-cars/north-cheam-surrey-lexus-gs-450h-se-auto-navigation-460/

I can highly recommend Evans Autos, I bought my Sportcross from them and they are brilliant. Not the cheapest but their cars are really top quality. Speak to Hugh Evans, tell him you were recommended by Adrian Barnes, I'm sure he will look after you.

I can highly recommend Evans Autos, I bought my Sportcross from them and they are brilliant. Not the cheapest but their cars are really top quality. Speak to Hugh Evans, tell him you were recommended by Adrian Barnes, I'm sure he will look after you.

the forum at its best !

not only do you get free help and advise about your car but recmmendations/heads-up on dealers aswell

barney you used to have a gold LS430 at one time IIRC?

Mine is nordic blue, or lavender as the wife calls it! I've had numerous people ask me what colour it is when they see it and all have said it's a beatiful one. From research I have done it appears it was unique to the 450h model but I'm sorry to say it doesn't mask the swirls. Mine also has the grey interior. The only one I'd have as it means the "wooden" inserts are black. Much nicer, I think, than the colours paired with the other leather choices.

Yep, still enjoying mine. I bought mine about 7 months ago from a Lexus dealership.

Mine is a 2007 plate with 51,000 on when I bought it.

Full service history and as immaculate as you could ever look to own. Previous owner looked after it well.

As has been mentioned very understated car performance wise. I have put many hot hatches and so called performance cars to shame.

Get to 80mph where the gear ratio changes then the power surge cuts in even stronger. It then comes down to whether you want to keep that licence or not.

I do mainly town driving and don't always drive very economically and yet I never see less than 28.5mpg.

I average around 30mpg and on motorway runs between 75-85mph average around 40mpg.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links