Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Steering

I get creaking when releasing the foot brake mainly during steering in low speed manoeuvers.

David.

Mine is exactly the same. My previous IS 300 was the same as well. During the service on that one Lexus managed to improve it considerably so I will mention it next year on this cars first service as its not important enough to take it in now.

• Like 1

I get creaking when releasing the foot brake mainly during steering in low speed manoeuvers.

David.

Mine is exactly the same. My previous IS 300 was the same as well. During the service on that one Lexus managed to improve it considerably so I will mention it next year on this cars first service as its not important enough to take it in now.

David.

Got exactly the same thing with my brakes, they grunt and groan as they are slowly released. Had it in to the dealers twice and they cleaned and lubed the pads, made little or no difference. Don't know which makes the most noise, the brakes or my stomach when I'm hungry..
  • Like 1

The creaking, squeaking brakes when the car is in drive and you are stationary is a known "issue", but really affects most automatic cars. Its just seems the IS is particularly bad/loud with it. it doesn't mean there is any problem with the car at all. Lubing the brake pad backs etc may work, most likely not and probably not permanently. Its just a characteristic of the IS.

No rust on the discs, the noise happens whether they are clean, minor surface rust, hot or cold. The noise seems to be a very very low frequency vibration. I'll see if I can record it and post it so folks can compare it to their cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links