Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stone Chip

Hi everyone :D I just went to Rhosilli Bay today in Swansea, with all hill corner roads, and once I got back home, I found out there are some stone chips on the lower part of the bumper. Does anyone know how to repair it ??? How much will it be ??? Or any easy way to repair it myself ???

Also, the lower bumper got scratches because of when going the speed bump, touched the ground....

Feeling sad now with the bumper damaged today....... Hope someone can help me with advices post-49889-145134816253_thumb.jpgpost-49889-145134818536_thumb.jpgpost-49889-145134819344_thumb.jpgpost-49889-145134820076_thumb.jpg

Joachim

Wow I've never touched the ground with the IS and Im in Yorkshire!!. Must have been some big hills

You can buy touch up bottles from your Lexus dealer. It's £10 for a kit. If they charge you more, take a look on eBay. Genuine ones are £10 from Lexus dealers selling on eBay. It has the paint bottle and a clear coat bottle. The match is perfect and it'll last you ages

They will be visible from close distance but better than black spots

What I'd do is touch them up now. Inevitably you will get a lot more and then just get a respray done when it gets really bad

agree with rayaans use the touch up sticks

give the area a good clean then depending on the size of the chip i sometimes use

a sewing needle or a precision screw driver as you then have a point to drop the paint

onto the chip as you may find the supplied brush can be too big and you end up

painting the area around as well, put on 1 layer let it dry just keep adding layers until

the chip is filled up with paint.

My Isf chips used to show up horribly! With my new car I have decided to have the front bumper and headlights wrapped in paint protection film. Once the wing mirrors get re-sprayed I'll have them wrapped as well. It can be as costly as a re-spray but will keep the car looking top notch for years. My front bumper and headlights are being done for just over £300 with a Jan discount of 20%.

I wouldn't recommend the ppf. Leaves pits in the paint which look just as bad

Depends on the ppf you get it seems. Reviews seem to be far more positive than negative. You just need to be sure the film used is of good quality and robust enough.

I wouldn't recommend the ppf. Leaves pits in the paint which look just as bad

Depends on the ppf you get it seems. Reviews seem to be far more positive than negative. You just need to be sure the film used is of good quality and robust enough.

Still, at 70mph any rock is going to leave some sort of impression in the paint

Perhaps. Some have a technology that works like when you hit sand hard and it firms up as opposed to when it is lightly touched. So on impact it offers good resistance. I'll report back after some time to let people know how I get on.

Perhaps. Some have a technology that works like when you hit sand hard and it firms up as opposed to when it is lightly touched. So on impact it offers good resistance. I'll report back after some time to let people know how I get on.

Yes let us know how it goes and what brand it is. Although stone chips aren't problematic on the RX, my wifes IS is much lower so stone chips are always going to happen at a greater frequency

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but with regards to the OP, I too went to Rhosili in the last few days, what do i notice on return? Stone chip! Googled what to do and it leads me here. The place is deadly!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links