Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gloss black roof and spoiler

Anyone thought of doing a carbon wrap of the bonnet, a bit like the RC model (?). I remember seeing the carbon version in the flesh at Hatfield, looked rather nice. Black colour with carbon bonnet.

4 hours ago, t4citurn said:

Anyone thought of doing a carbon wrap of the bonnet, a bit like the RC model (?). I remember seeing the carbon version in the flesh at Hatfield, looked rather nice. Black colour with carbon bonnet.

Oh god no - definition of ricer when its fake.

On 27 January 2016 at 2:52 PM, Slickk said:

I think it looks rather nice. I've got a white IS300h myself and I've been mulling over whether or not to do the same thing to mine. There is an addition you can do just to make it look more sleek. That is, to have the chrome surround on the grille wrapped in black, and maybe the giant Lexus badge too. It just looks a little silly in my opinion - but I think that any form of chrome on any car looks silly.

I've been thinking of replacing my IS300h as the constant drone of the CVT gearbox has really started to wear down on me, but have decided against it. Ultimately, I think I'll be making some modifications of my own - slowly, but surely.

1) Wrap the roof and chrome surround on the grille in black

2) Add a black front lip and side skirts

3) Smoke the front and rear lights - not too dark though, just a subtle enhancement

4) Tint the windows

5) Install a rear spoiler - black/white i haven't decided yet

6) Replace the orange indicator bulbs - what was Lexus thinking?! 

Ideally, I would like to extract a little more power from the engine, but that remains to be seen. I appreciate the IS300h isn't designed to be thrashed, but I feel it could do with some enhancements if possible. So, if anyone has any sensible ideas of how some power can be extracted from the engine, leave a reply and I shall take it for further consideration.

P.S. If only the car would hold revs nearer the redline in sport and 'useless' manual mode!

The whine of the CVT really does ***** me off big time. I love nice sounding cars, which is the reason the IS annoys me sometimes, but it has its advantages too. The 250 is amazing if you change the exhaust, but the tax on that thing is huge as compared to the 300h. 

I'm thinking of adding a black front lip too, but they're not that easy to find, in my opinion. 
Totally agree with you about the indicators! Not much can be done though... 

24 minutes ago, DVM said:

The whine of the CVT really does ***** me off big time. I love nice sounding cars, which is the reason the IS annoys me sometimes, but it has its advantages too. The 250 is amazing if you change the exhaust, but the tax on that thing is huge as compared to the 300h. 

I'm thinking of adding a black front lip too, but they're not that easy to find, in my opinion. 
Totally agree with you about the indicators! Not much can be done though... 

I'd love it if we got the IS350 like they have in America but unfortunately, that's a bridge too far for UK shores. There's a few decent threads on http://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads-256/ with some tastefully modified cars, but also, those that are utterly crass. Seeing some cars on those threads have made me regret buying a white IS, albeit briefly.

Hopefully, if I have some time over the weekend, I may start to fettle around with the car to see what can be done.

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, Slickk said:

I think it looks rather nice. I've got a white IS300h myself and I've been mulling over whether or not to do the same thing to mine. There is an addition you can do just to make it look more sleek. That is, to have the chrome surround on the grille wrapped in black, and maybe the giant Lexus badge too. It just looks a little silly in my opinion - but I think that any form of chrome on any car looks silly.

I've been thinking of replacing my IS300h as the constant drone of the CVT gearbox has really started to wear down on me, but have decided against it. Ultimately, I think I'll be making some modifications of my own - slowly, but surely.

1) Wrap the roof and chrome surround on the grille in black

2) Add a black front lip and side skirts

3) Smoke the front and rear lights - not too dark though, just a subtle enhancement

4) Tint the windows

5) Install a rear spoiler - black/white i haven't decided yet

6) Replace the orange indicator bulbs - what was Lexus thinking?! 

Ideally, I would like to extract a little more power from the engine, but that remains to be seen. I appreciate the IS300h isn't designed to be thrashed, but I feel it could do with some enhancements if possible. So, if anyone has any sensible ideas of how some power can be extracted from the engine, leave a reply and I shall take it for further consideration.

P.S. If only the car would hold revs nearer the redline in sport and 'useless' manual mode!

Interesting, as it shows what it would look like with a glass roof as mentioned.

But doesn't the back look great in that light with the tail lights!  

Against the trend a bit on here, I really like chrome (or plastic chrome more like) on a car, I suppose back in the day - I've been driving over 50 years - black trim shouted "basic model" with chrome only fitted to deluxe variants.

But that's not my reason for the post.  It was mentioned it's not possible to do anything about the orange indicators.  I'm sure chrome bulbs, which light up Amber, are available to fit the Lexus, I've done this mod on my last 4 or 5 cars, and removes the fried egg look completely.

Two reasons I've not done it on the Lexus, it's a lease car, and looking at the handbook, it's a real pain to change the indicator bulbs, having to remove this and that, so I decided not to bother!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, baxlin said:

Against the trend a bit on here, I really like chrome (or plastic chrome more like) on a car, I suppose back in the day - I've been driving over 50 years - black trim shouted "basic model" with chrome only fitted to deluxe variants.

But that's not my reason for the post.  It was mentioned it's not possible to do anything about the orange indicators.  I'm sure chrome bulbs, which light up Amber, are available to fit the Lexus, I've done this mod on my last 4 or 5 cars, and removes the fried egg look completely.

Two reasons I've not done it on the Lexus, it's a lease car, and looking at the handbook, it's a real pain to change the indicator bulbs, having to remove this and that, so I decided not to bother!

I agree. It depends on the colour of the car too.

With lighter colours I prefer gloss black but only if the wheels are dark too. On a dark colour I think full black just looks naff.

I have borrowed a IS200T from the dealer today, as my RX's parking sensors are having yet another hissy fit!.

It is a sport model (not F-Sport). Pearl white, with gloss black mirrors and wheels. It does look nice IMO.

I wish the 300h had visible exhaust tips like the 200T and previously the 250. It has twin exhausts after all - you can see them pointing to the floor under the bumper.

2 hours ago, DanD said:

I have borrowed a IS200T from the dealer today, as my RX's parking sensors are having yet another hissy fit!.

It is a sport model (not F-Sport). Pearl white, with gloss black mirrors and wheels. It does look nice IMO.

I wish the 300h had visible exhaust tips like the 200T and previously the 250. It has twin exhausts after all - you can see them pointing to the floor under the bumper.

You can have twin visible exhausts if you fit the Lexus TRD kit. I expect it is expensive though. It looks superb.

Ed.

16 hours ago, DanD said:

Added pic... sorry, it was dark :-/

DSC_0012.JPG

Defo carbon spoiler style looks way better than the OEM one imo. But what does it look like fitted is a different story.

your white lexus looks awesome, always like the lexus styling.

I'm getting itchy hands, wind deflectors to buy soon, thinking of a custom exhaust or induction kit, want a bit of noise. Power I don't care otherwise would've bought something way faster. Wife and 1 month baby needs convincing though ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DanD said:

Added pic... sorry, it was dark :-/

DSC_0012.JPG

That colour though is just awesome. I love the new Sonic White - defo the best colour in the Lexus palette at the moment but I still think the shadow chrome effect wheels on the Premier look better than the gloss black ones.

On 1/28/2016 at 9:19 AM, Slickk said:

I'm certain that you can make additions to a car on PCP, of course, within certain limits and maybe dealer approval. This isn't an issue for me, I cleared the finance last month. It's not an unusual drone as such, it's my first car with a CVT gearbox and it sounds woeful to my ears. I assume It'll take some getting used to.

Are you sure you don't just have the Active Volume Control turned on????  As per others, mine is silent with AVC turned off.

31 minutes ago, Steve44 said:

Are you sure you don't just have the Active Volume Control turned on????  As per others, mine is silent with AVC turned off.

Probably is lol - hate that thing! Wife's IS had it on full and it just sounded odd, now its dead silent with it off, only when accelerating VERY hard does it intrude and even then, nowhere near as bad as diesels

22 hours ago, rayaans said:

That colour though is just awesome. I love the new Sonic White - defo the best colour in the Lexus palette at the moment but I still think the shadow chrome effect wheels on the Premier look better than the gloss black ones.

Apologies for going a bit off topic, but I see the NX is now available in ultra blue and... sky blue. On the other hand, the IS is available in azure blue. Does not seem to be a huge difference between the three, although difficult to judge by what you see online.

1 hour ago, DanD said:

Apologies for going a bit off topic, but I see the NX is now available in ultra blue and... sky blue. On the other hand, the IS is available in azure blue. Does not seem to be a huge difference between the three, although difficult to judge by what you see online.

Azure blue is the new blue with a silver base coat similiar to Sonic Red. Its supposedly a lot shinier. Sky blue is brighter than than the Ultra blue.

On 2 February 2016 at 6:44 PM, Cracksta said:

Defo carbon spoiler style looks way better than the OEM one imo. But what does it look like fitted is a different story.

your white lexus looks awesome, always like the lexus styling.

I'm getting itchy hands, wind deflectors to buy soon, thinking of a custom exhaust or induction kit, want a bit of noise. Power I don't care otherwise would've bought something way faster. Wife and 1 month baby needs convincing though ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'll post the pictures of the spoiler fitted tomorrow. Looks great, in my opinion!

Update:

Here is how the spoiler looks. I haven't fitted it yet, but it is aligned now. 

What do you guys think about it now that you've seen it?

95a05fas-960.jpgf3a05fas-960.jpgc7a05fas-960.jpge0605fas-960.jpg24605fas-960.jpg1e605fas-960.jpg

On 05/02/2016 at 1:18 PM, DVM said:

Update:

Here is how the spoiler looks. I haven't fitted it yet, but it is aligned now. 

What do you guys think about it now that you've seen it?

95a05fas-960.jpgf3a05fas-960.jpgc7a05fas-960.jpge0605fas-960.jpg24605fas-960.jpg1e605fas-960.jpg

In 2 minds. It looks OK from the pictures but I feel in reality it'll look tiny on what is a pretty wide looking rear end. And with you being in London (speak from experience as I spent half my career training in Guys), I have a feeling it'll be a pretty easy steal for the opportunists.......

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

In 2 minds. It looks OK from the pictures but I feel in reality it'll look tiny on what is a pretty wide looking rear end. And with you being in London (speak from experience as I spent half my career training in Guys), I have a feeling it'll be a pretty easy steal for the opportunists.......

It won't look very big, but that's kind of the point, in my opinion- bulky stuff never looks great. 
When it comes to stealing, I don't think that they will bother- after all, central London is full of cameras and this isn't some amazing Mansory accessory. Besides, many other cars around here have various accessories installed. 

1 hour ago, baxlin said:

As has been said many times before, each to his own, and it's your car, but not for me.  It might look better in white, but not as is.

sorry

I see your point. Personally, I don't like spoilers that are the same colour as the car- they are barely noticeable. Besides, carbon looks great on white cars, in my opinion!

That's just it, Dan, it is down to opinion.  That's why I have my signature.

If you think black/carbon splits opinions, you ought to own a completely impractical three wheeler car with no roof or reverse gear...........

48 minutes ago, baxlin said:

That's just it, Dan, it is down to opinion.  That's why I have my signature.

If you think black/carbon splits opinions, you ought to own a completely impractical three wheeler car with no roof or reverse gear...........

Sure, I'm not trying to convince you otherwise- just expressing what I think, same as you are! 

The no roof part is definitely on my purchase list!

1 hour ago, DVM said:

Sure, I'm not trying to convince you otherwise- just expressing what I think, same as you are! 

The no roof part is definitely on my purchase list!

I should clarify that I meant wide enough. I like how slim it is but I meant the width in genera seems a bit small but dont know if its just the angle?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links