Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation Update

I noticed a navigation update in the Lexus Portal. It is entitled "Route & Traffic optimisation" worth updating your system and its free.  Maybe it will make the system choose more sensible routes!!

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capese21 said:

I noticed a navigation update in the Lexus Portal. It is entitled "Route & Traffic optimisation" worth updating your system and its free.  Maybe it will make the system choose more sensible routes!!

Ed

Will it be possible to download this via my pc onto a usb stick and then update the car afterwards?

58 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

Will it be possible to download this via my pc onto a usb stick and then update the car afterwards?

Yes that is the recommended procedure. The instructions are with the downloadable file.  Just done mine.

Ed:yes:

I have set up my Portal Account, printed off the instructions for the installation of this update but, whatever I do and whatever I click on doesn't result in a download.  I cannot see a specific 'download' button to click on but, as I say, whatever I try, I cannot get it to download.  I have even tried putting it in 'my basket' but to no avail.

The actual portal is not the easiest thing to get into, I often just get a black screen and have to try again, eventually I do get in after two or three attempts.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if Lexus did full map updates at a more realistic price.  My granddaughter recently moved into her new home and we went to see her last Sunday and had to keep phoning her for directions as it's not on my satnav.

Geoff, if you're using windows internet explorer it can be very problematic. Try using a different browser, e.g. Chrome, which for me works much better.

off the top of my head I think there is a button marked up add to cart click on this button

then you will go to checkout where it will say balance £0.00 then you can download

Well I finally managed to get the download. 

It was indeed a case of adding it to 'my cart' and then going through the 'purchase procedure' even though there was no charge applicable.

I then proceeded to download 'Winzip' so that I could unzip the file but, it is here that I have run into another problem.  I have nver used Winzip before and I really don't know what I am doing.  I have got the software update into Winzip and I would have thought that it would be a simple case of telling it to unzip but it doesn't appear to be that straightforward. 

The file that I am trying to work on is called Software_Update_102c and there appears to be 6 individual files to unzip.  Those of you who have put this update into your car, can you recall what you ended up with to put on the USB stick?  I don't want to end up making a total mess of my satnav so any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hello Edward, many thanks for being so helpful.  I have attached a copy of the files that I have ended up with, are you able to tell if they have been 'unzipped' and ready for use.  Does the size of the files indicate that they are no longer compressed.

I have to say that when I was downloading from the portal, it took quite a bit of time and seemed like a big file.  These files don't seem that big to me.

I have just edited this post and the second image is of the files that are still appearing in the Winzip software and they look much bigger to me.

Thanks again.

Update files.JPG

Update_2.JPG

1 hour ago, 200h said:

why couldn't there be a download button to click onto, it would make life so much easier.

i use IZarc for unzipping files its so easy to use.

I have downloaded iZarc and I have ended up with slightly bigger files now. The figures in my post above showing file sizes of 162xxx are now showing 166xxx and the one showing 167xxx is now showing as 171xxx.  Does this indicate that Winzip didn't unzip properly?

Where does iZarc normally save the file to so that I can get at it to transfer on to a USB stick?

hi

i have noticed the figure you have mentioned in the preview pane but when the files are unzipped they are the 162 figures

when you click on extract a window appears it will show you where the files will be stored,

i downloaded mine to the download folder (win7) software_update_102c zip file

when extracted you will also see a folder in there named software_update_102c these are the extracted files

37 minutes ago, 200h said:

hi

i have noticed the figure you have mentioned in the preview pane but when the files are unzipped they are the 162 figures

when you click on extract a window appears it will show you where the files will be stored,

i downloaded mine to the download folder (win7) software_update_102c zip file

when extracted you will also see a folder in there named software_update_102c these are the extracted files

I have got these figures now from iZarc - I imagine that these are the uncompressed files, only slightly different to the 162xxx figures.  Do you reckon I can use these without messing up my satnav?  Thanks for the help.

Update_3.JPG

Guys,  if you already have software version vc12102c or later then you can't use it. I have the above version and the update did nothing and wouldn't show. If it is the same,  then it's just as bad,  as the other day I had 3 routes showing,  the quickest route was shorter than  the eco route and shortest route, which was quicker than  the quickest route!?! 

On the phone compatibility portal it shows a version vc12102h now. 

I had my software updated at the recent service on December 16th.  I was told that the current version is VD12102C and that's what they updated it to whilst doing the service and so it would seem that there is little point in installing this freebie.

I contacted Lexus UK about this and they have confirmed that the version I was updated to in December is the current one (VD12102C) and the one currently available on the portal is indeed the same and so, as Steve says, there is no point in bothering with it if you have this version.

Lexus also told me that these updates are made available in April and December of each year.  I also suggested to them that they should show on their website which versions of software/firmware are the current ones, along with the release dates so that owners can see at a glance if their vehicles are up-to-date. They said that they will look into the possibility of providing this service.

• 2 weeks later...

As a newbie to Lexus, my car was registered in September 2015 - how do I find out which Sat Nav version I have on my Car.

Also, can someone explain what the 'Lexus Portal' is!!

Any help/advice much appreciated

For the Lexus portal see here. https://youtu.be/OLiwHg7NpaE

To check your version, on the Nav system go to menu/setup/general/software update/update it will tell you the current version there.

Current version number is VD12102C and is available to download on the portal, with instructions. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links