Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A 250 mile drive home from Yorkshire, and apart from the usual steering wobble sometimes under braking it drove faultlessly, with an average showing at 30.6MPG.

A bit of tidying up to do, one of the worse being it was a smokers car, but overall it was a treat to drive!

I'll get some photos on soon. And Steve, if you read this, they sorted out the blower, the mirrors, and the seat belt height adjuster, so all works fine.

Phil

• Like 2

Thanks gentlemen.

But this is the daft thing, I'm not actually sure I'm going to keep it now!

I was working up in Liverpool so it was not problem to get across country to pick the car up, but now I've got it back I'm wondering if I did the right thing. The reason I sold the LS430 was to buy the Volvo, which I'm afraid to say is so much nicer to drive than the Lexus. It's only by comparing the two together that I've realised it.  So it may well be appearing on a certain auction site soon.  Absolutely crazy I know because I'm bound to take a big hit on it.  Anyway, that's life!

my advice is dont rush into things - if possible drive the LS for a while and see how it goes. - Don't make any decisions straight away.

P.S if you do decide to sell - take some time to make is shine - take some good pictures and you wont lose any money on it.

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

my advice is dont rush into things - if possible drive the LS for a while and see how it goes. - Don't make any decisions straight away.

P.S if you do decide to sell - take some time to make is shine - take some good pictures and you wont lose any money on it.

You're right of course. I won't rush it and it is possible I'll think again. As you say, I'll spend some time giving it a good buffing and give the carpets a clean to freshen them up.

6 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Thanks gentlemen.

But this is the daft thing, I'm not actually sure I'm going to keep it now!

I was working up in Liverpool so it was not problem to get across country to pick the car up, but now I've got it back I'm wondering if I did the right thing. The reason I sold the LS430 was to buy the Volvo, which I'm afraid to say is so much nicer to drive than the Lexus. It's only by comparing the two together that I've realised it.  So it may well be appearing on a certain auction site soon.  Absolutely crazy I know because I'm bound to take a big hit on it.  Anyway, that's life!

I know how you feel. I bought an ls400 and only had it a few days and decided it wasnt for me. I bought an is300 off of someone on the forum.  But ive still got the ls on my drive. Looking good. In wondering if I shouldn't have gave it more of a chance 

DSC_0526.JPG

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Titch LS said:

Wow. A Volvo wafting better than a Lexus LS. Would never have thought that, and they're not as big as they once were either.  

The Volvo doesn't waft so much but it is a very high spec car, actually with many of the toys the LS430 had.  And it's a pleasure to drive. I won't rush, I need to spend some time giving it thought.

9 hours ago, Chasdad said:

Out of interest what volvo was it. I've been trying to talk the wife into a new car but she loves it. Would like a gs450h 

I've got the facelift V70 SE Sport D5 auto. It goes like a rocket and has pop up sat nav, heated and cooled perforated leather, keyless entry/start, double glazed, folding mirrors, puddle lights, Bluetooth, an amazing sound system etc, BUT, it's not built the way a Lexus is built, and I'm not sure where it would be when it's 18 years old.  

The LS is insured and taxed, so I think I'll spend some time on it as mark suggested and then make a decision.  I have to introduce it to a very nice green LS in Brighton anyway! 

i drive all models of volvo with my job,and they are lovely put together cars,compared with all the new renaults/nissan and vauxhalls,i drive ,i don't think its the waftability factor,its probadly the age,comparing a 15/20yr old car with a newer car is difficult,everything on a newer car is that bit tighter,all the controls,very intuitive,im thinking of getting something smaller,easier to get into,now im getting on a bit,the ls is lovely on my trips down to poole where i spend some time, but i live in southampton most of the time now,and its getting a pain to park in places these days, when its your everyday car,i find myself using the wifes ford KA more and more for smaller journeys,i like the v70 cross country,and the sc60. Im going to have to make what could be a painful decision soon i think.

34 minutes ago, bigjap said:

i drive all models of volvo with my job,and they are lovely put together cars,compared with all the new renaults/nissan and vauxhalls,i drive ,i don't think its the waftability factor,its probadly the age,comparing a 15/20yr old car with a newer car is difficult,everything on a newer car is that bit tighter,all the controls,very intuitive,im thinking of getting something smaller,easier to get into,now im getting on a bit,the ls is lovely on my trips down to poole where i spend some time, but i live in southampton most of the time now,and its getting a pain to park in places these days, when its your everyday car,i find myself using the wifes ford KA more and more for smaller journeys,i like the v70 cross country,and the sc60. Im going to have to make what could be a painful decision soon i think.

My mates V70(04 plate),was a nice car, but a pain in supermarket car parks, due to the steering lock.

He had a rwd Torslandia 240 estate before that, and never got completely used to the more cumbersome fwd car.

1 hour ago, mikeyv said:

My mates V70(04 plate),was a nice car, but a pain in supermarket car parks, due to the steering lock.

He had a rwd Torslandia 240 estate before that, and never got completely used to the more cumbersome fwd car.

I agree, the turning circle is not good! Whereas the turning circle on the LS is just amazing.  I must say the 250 miles drive back home on Friday was a pleasure......until I hit the M25 at 4.30!  Even so, 5.5 hours from Pontefract to the Sussex coast was pretty good for a Friday. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I agree, the turning circle is not good! Whereas the turning circle on the LS is just amazing.  I must say the 250 miles drive back home on Friday was a pleasure......until I hit the M25 at 4.30!  Even so, 5.5 hours from Pontefract to the Sussex coast was pretty good for a Friday. 

I do that jaunt regularly, but North Yorks to Eastbourne, as Mrs V is a Yorky, so visit family up there.

We are lucky, in that, being retired, we can pick our travel times carefully, but even then, the M25 is a lottery, coming to a standstill for relatively trivial events (thank you Highway Patrol muppets!!).

We usually take the campervan, for practical reasons, but, as you say, the LS certainly makes the trip more of a pleasure.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links