Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hit and Run

I just found scratches on my passenger side rear bumper by a hit and run. Not sure when it was being hit but must be these three days cause four days ago I was looking around my car to clean and there were no scratches at there..... Very sad to know.... Why always there are people hit and run, no responsibility for them........ Does anyone know where in Swansea can have a good smart repair ??? I have found "ChipTech" and "Chipsaway", but not sure which one is better, any advices ??? Thanks 😊56d49e0b3dee7_ImageUploadedByLexusOC145656d49e17476ca_ImageUploadedByLexusOC145656d49e1fccdbd_ImageUploadedByLexusOC1456

Joachim

There are some right morons driving on the roads these days with absolutely no respect for other people's property, a friend at work had her BMW hit while parked over the weekend to the extent it may be written off and the guilty party drove off.

Fortunately 2 neighbours witnessed the incident and along with CCTV the registration was obtained and this is now in the hands of the police.

• Like 2

Here is a listing on amazon, the cameras are not cheap, but they are pretty small and the front one can be hidden behind the rear view mirror. I also bought the Powermagic Pro to monitor the 12v Battery condition so you can have recording/monitoring whilst parked. You can also do a search on them, plus check out "techmoan" videos on you tube.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackvue-DR650GW-2CH-Camera-Driving-Recorder/dp/B00M4J5VUY

At that close range, dashcam ain't going to get jack all on camera.

Doesn't look like car damage either tbh - angle isn't right at all for a car to scrape it.

Id bet someone hit it whilst trying to roll something like a bike, lawnmower etc behind the car.

8 minutes ago, rayaans said:

At that close range, dashcam ain't going to get jack all on camera.

Doesn't look like car damage either tbh - angle isn't right at all for a car to scrape it.

Id bet someone hit it whilst trying to roll something like a bike, lawnmower etc behind the car.

Blackvue camera specs would probably contradict your assumptions for both horizontal and vertical axis.

Angle of view- Front -Diagonal 129°, Horizontal 103°, Vertical 77° | Rear -Diagonal 129°, Horizontal 108°, Vertical 57°

😐

11 hours ago, joachim_tang said:

Anyone knows which one is better, "ChipTech" or "Chipsaway" ?? Anyone has heard of either one of this ? How much roughly for smart repair ?

Joachim

£300 to get it done properly. Bet they'll make a right mess of the paint as well. Its not exactly an easy colour to match.

12 hours ago, C Mclean said:

Blackvue camera specs would probably contradict your assumptions for both horizontal and vertical axis.

Angle of view- Front -Diagonal 129°, Horizontal 103°, Vertical 77° | Rear -Diagonal 129°, Horizontal 108°, Vertical 57°

😐

The angle won't make much difference if its on the rear window though as the boot sticks out.

I'd give it a t-cut before anything else, because looking at the pics, I reckon most of the marking is on top of the paint.

Maybe it looks different in the flesh, but it can't hurt to try.

4 hours ago, mikeyv said:

I'd give it a t-cut before anything else, because looking at the pics, I reckon most of the marking is on top of the paint.

Maybe it looks different in the flesh, but it can't hurt to try.

Good advice, but be careful with T-Cut it's quite harsh and Lexus paint is a little thin. Try one of the Meguiars or Autoglym scratch remover products. 

Hey wait a minute - tar remover is quite useful for these things too if you have some. WD40 might do the trick as well, especially if its just paint on top of paint.

Some of the paint has gone after the hit and run ....... It's a deep scratch if looking from real eyes, should have a try to Chipsaway and see what's going on.....

For dash cam, anyone have advices on between Blackvue and NextBase ??? I went to Halfords and they just have the NextBase with fitting but not sure if all the cables will be hiding ......

Hi joachim had Halford fit nextbase 302g, got the whole kit fitted for £109 it was a deal online.done a great job has been fitted beside rain sensor .only see about 1 inch of cable from headliner  very satisfied with job. had it set up for 24hr motion detection wasn't  happy as it would stay on you can blank  the screen.   but went bk to get it fitted to ignition operated .

Cheers mate :) I have just done the smart repair from Chipsaway and gonna post photos of the result once the weather is good and wash the car :) by words they have done a great job to the smart repair !!!! Seems like nothing has done XD definitely prefer Chipsaway next time !~~~ also for the dash cam, I just checked on web and someone said the dash cam using lithium Battery will have potential to get fire..... A118 capacitor version seems good, anyone got any advices from it ? Where can I buy the A118 Capacitor and fit for me ? Thanks :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links