Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Inspired by the Scottish scenery framing a shiny green car I decided to give mine the same treatment today.  The very good East Europeans did the hand wash and I applied the Autoglym, an excellent product (unless you put the bottle down too hard like I did so it shoots out all over your face!)  Obviously my backdrop is a little more uninspiring.

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

• Like 3

Careful you don't polish all the paint off. She does look good though. I think the way you have constructed the studio as distressed inner suburbia is pure   genius for a studio shoot. Mike.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Careful you don't polish all the paint off. She does look good though. I think the way you have constructed the studio as distressed inner suburbia is pure   genius for a studio shoot. Mike.

I would love to lay claim to the set, including the double garage, but alas, it's only a borrowed set!  And thank you for giving me the opportunity to use a fine and underused word like alas!

4 hours ago, mikeyv said:

Lovely shine, our darling seagulls will be circling as we speak!

They have just done that all over my nice clean car, it must have been really ill.

13 hours ago, rayaans said:

Looking fineeeee! Hopefully you put something on top of the Autoglym SRP (I think thats the one you mean?!) or you're hard work will need to be repeated in a 3 weeks!

Soooo, the polish isn't the final step then?  Back to Halfords I guess!  I've just ordered a dual action polisher as well so maybe it'll make things easier in the future.

7 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Me thinks you may rub too much? Care needed!

I will be careful, I got the dual action because its less likely to damage the paint, but I realise much care is needed.  I bought it partly to do the Volvo and my wife's car.  The seagulls are nesting on our roof now so I'm expecting much dive bombing!

12 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I'll be taking a look tomorrow then!

All online already, and after a more thorough look, a lot of products available.

Think I'll be ordering online, as it's free postage over a tenner.

16 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Soooo, the polish isn't the final step then?  Back to Halfords I guess!  I've just ordered a dual action polisher as well so maybe it'll make things easier in the future.

NO!! Wax/Sealant is the final step! You don't want the Autoglym SRP washing off in 3 weeks do you? Stick some protection on and it'll be 3 months+ depending on the wax/sealant you choose!

On 7 March 2016 at 3:31 PM, The-Acre said:

Inspired by the Scottish scenery framing a shiny green car I decided to give mine the same treatment today.  The very good East Europeans did the hand wash and I applied the Autoglym, an excellent product (unless you put the bottle down too hard like I did so it shoots out all over your face!)  Obviously my backdrop is a little more uninspiring.

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Stunning, can't say I've seen that colour before. 

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

NO!! Wax/Sealant is the final step! You don't want the Autoglym SRP washing off in 3 weeks do you? Stick some protection on and it'll be 3 months+ depending on the wax/sealant you choose!

I see, thank you for that info.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links