Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon, to a garage near me.... new owner incoming

Quite excited really, after a few weeks / months of faffing, I've offloaded the S4 and have decided to head to V8 country. I'm taking on a private car that has been used, but looked after. Sure there are a couple of scuffs on the seats, but nothing I can't deal with. And a couple of chips on the front, but again, I'm sure they can be rectified. Full LSH, no warranty in place but I'll probably get one put on, 55k miles on the clock with the 60k service done. Summer tyres went on last year, winters in storage from 2 seasons ago and an active valved cat-back exhaust.

Nice. Just need to sort his private plate off, original plate on, and timing so I don't spend a full months tax on a week of motoring.

So some photos I suppose:

IMG_20160408_125743.jpgIMG_20160408_125754.jpgIMG_20160408_125727.jpgIMG_20160408_125806.jpg

4 hours ago, rayaans said:

Looks painted to me.

Nice car though but heck its filthy - did you buy it that way?! lol

That was on a trial day. Current owner uses it as a daily steed. Has since had a valet give it a once over. Looks much nicer now.

Not sure about the grille. Assuming you're referring to the bright trim, it looks painted when I zoom in.

I'll have another look at it when I finally pick it up.

As you can imagine, I'm trying to avoid picking it up this close to the end of the month as it'll make for an expensive contribution in car tax for only a couple of days driving (for those not in the know, we pay tax by the month irrespective of the number of days left in that month).

5 hours ago, dr_rick said:

I'll have another look at it when I finally pick it up.

As you can imagine, I'm trying to avoid picking it up this close to the end of the month as it'll make for an expensive contribution in car tax for only a couple of days driving (for those not in the know, we pay tax by the month irrespective of the number of days left in that month).

Bet you can't wait to get it already!

Id be having sleepless nights to the point of watching the seconds pass by until the end of the month!

The other half has 'helpfully' suggested we sort everything out on Saturday. I'm thinking Sunday would be better.

Might just get the guy to SORN it Saturday, I pick up Sunday. I can pay him Saturday at the bank. Tax, change of ownership and insurance takes 1/2 hour tops on Sunday. Jobs a goodun.

I may or may not have picked mine up a few days before the end of the month. As the previous owner had already paid tax for that month I may or may not have taxed it at the start of the following month.

Indeed.

But given online transfers kill the tax at the time of change of responsibility.....

I'm going to have a chat with current owner to see if he'll take payment, and loan me the car on Saturday and sort out 'loose ends' on Sunday.

Just sorted insurance for the weekend; £350 for 15k a year inc business use.

I know people have good / bad relationships with any given insurer, but I'm happy with that. Just got to pay for the car now.

Roll on the weekend!!

That's roughly what I'm paying plus a little extra for registering the tyre sizes for being slightly bigger than original spec. Also helped when bringing the car back from Ireland under VIN insurance, can't complain with the service.

So first things first, the grille surround is body coloured (I.e. black paint, not dipped or wrapped).

Secondly, the car is in the garage with a full tank of fuel waiting to go.

Thirdly, I'm in DVLA hell....

Car was SORN'd on Saturday, but is now stuck in limbo as the online 24/7 tax system won't allow me to retax as a new owner with the V5c/2. All post offices are closed, and a counter transaction is risky. I'm unsure as to whether DVLA Customer Services will be open tomorrow as its a bank holiday, and I have to get to work (as I'm public sector yet oddly don't get this bank holiday). Feck, as they say up here.

'Successful application alrrady completed

This vehicle has been taxed or notified as off the road within the last 5 days.

If you have recently purchased the vehicle this could have been done by the previous keeper. You still need to tax. Use the new keeper supplement V5C/2 to apply again online.'

But if I click the link, it just takes me back to where I started from. Because it was SORN'd under previous ownership, online, I can't even go online now and do an ownership transfer because that is Mon-Sat only, and the tax is as above.

Will try DVLA at 0800 tomorrow and see what happens.

I had a glitch when I went to tax mine as a new owner but I waited a few hours before trying it again and it worked. Fingers crossed they are open tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links