Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

iNFO ON SAT NAV & RATTLES

Hi all,

A few of questions,

whats the best option (cheapest) to update my sat nav and which type is it? ive seen a few on eaby.

I have a rattle from the drivers door pillar anyone had this and the fix?

Anyone got an old standard exhaust back section they don't want, i was thinking of modifying it myself, and swapping back to the original; until its where I want it, as i can do the welding myself.

2008 model.

I use a tom tom as frankly the in car sat nav is awful!  in that it doesn't do full postcodes nor have a reliable traffic update and lastly, but importantly in an isf, speed camera alerts. Not that I ever speed you know!

• Like 1

I've got an annoying rattle somewhere inside my front passenger door to address at some point! :wallbash:

I'd highly recommend grabbing a set of these if you plan to remove trim panels: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bojo-Blue-Genius-Car-Trim-Clip-Pry-Removal-Tool-Kit-10-Piece-With-Tool-Roll-/260873110956?nav=SEARCH

They are easy to use, and less likely to scratch/scuff the soft plastics than screwdrivers.

Have a word with Ian at Hayward & Scott about the exhaust rear section. He gets a few every now and then. I'm sure he'd be more than happy for you to have one, saves him having to scrap it. :yes:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lotusdave said:

I use a tom tom as frankly the in car sat nav is awful!  in that it doesn't do full postcodes nor have a reliable traffic update and lastly, but importantly in an isf, speed camera alerts. Not that I ever speed you know!

I have been using "waze" on my Iphone its better than tomtom and free! you should try it, even can has live police camera vans and car locations etc  if people submit the positions. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2016 at 7:30 AM, Peter P18 said:

I've got an annoying rattle somewhere inside my front passenger door to address at some point! :wallbash:

I'd highly recommend grabbing a set of these if you plan to remove trim panels: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bojo-Blue-Genius-Car-Trim-Clip-Pry-Removal-Tool-Kit-10-Piece-With-Tool-Roll-/260873110956?nav=SEARCH

They are easy to use, and less likely to scratch/scuff the soft plastics than screwdrivers.

Have a word with Ian at Hayward & Scott about the exhaust rear section. He gets a few every now and then. I'm sure he'd be more than happy for you to have one, saves him having to scrap it. :yes:

Just got a back section from Ian, the back box has very little in it just looks like one pipe in and to output perforated tubes, will have to cut it up to have a better look.  will probably try to run a perforated tube from the input to the two outputs and see what ti sounds like, but may end up with two new straight through back boxes.

• Like 1

with regard to the rattle from the door pillar, I fixed it inadvertently when cleaning the car with silicone dash cleaner , i spray the rubber door seals to stop them from drying out, and ..  No more rattle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links