Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h test drive

Further to my days test drive of the Lexus IS300h I thought I'd do something different to the normal reviews and condense it in to 5 simple word  

"Loved every minute of it!"

Now for the nail pulling wait until October when I can take ownership of my new car. 

• Like 1

Further to my days test drive of the Lexus IS300h I thought I'd do something different to the normal reviews and condense it in to 5 simple word  

"Loved every minute of it!"

Now for the nail pulling wait until October when I can take ownership of my new car. 

Like it! At least let us know what spec and colour etc[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've gone for the Sport. 

Still undecided on colour due to the wheel colour but edging towards the Black........ but is that too much black?, do the wheels look lost/smaller due to colour? What do you guys think?

I Was disappointed that on the entry level sat nav you can't have basic navigation instructions in the centre display between the dials. 

I also wasn't too sure if you can split the main screen to have nav on one side and media/radio on the other side. If it's possible, please let me know?.

image.jpeg

Are you going to wait for the facelift model?  Its due next year,  your get more stuff as standard am sure,  but weak £ and strong Yen might send prices up a touch. 

17 minutes ago, Alan Partridges Left Glove said:

I've gone for the Sport. 

Still undecided on colour due to the wheel colour but edging towards the Black........ but is that too much black?, do the wheels look lost/smaller due to colour? What do you guys think?

I Was disappointed that on the entry level sat nav you can't have basic navigation instructions in the centre display between the dials. 

I also wasn't too sure if you can split the main screen to have nav on one side and media/radio on the other side. If it's possible, please let me know?.

image.jpeg

Personally I think Black with Black wheels looks a bit too much black!! Will be a ball-ache to maintain as well considering the soft Lexus paint!

You cant do the split screen on the basic nav, only available on the Premium Nav.

Premium nav also gets you the nav screen instructions in the centre between the dials. Its because the basic nav is simply an add on to the standard system so its not integrated whereas the Premium nav is integrated already.

I hope they gave you a good deal as brokers are giving huge chunks of money off - circa £5k!

• Like 1

It's a company car so restricted to date of my old car going back (3years or 100k miles) so holding out for next years version is a nonstarter. *Crestfallen

Same with the discount, as it's through leasing they normally have a screen price which they don't tend to fluctuate from, now if it was cash...............£££££

Rayaanns mentioned "soft Lexus paint!".  Could you please explain a bit more.  Is this why the occasional contact with outgrowing hedges on narrow roads leaves a mark.? My BMWs never had this "problem" - is Lexus paint softer than, for example, BMW paint ??

31 minutes ago, BigChange said:

Rayaanns mentioned "soft Lexus paint!".  Could you please explain a bit more.  Is this why the occasional contact with outgrowing hedges on narrow roads leaves a mark.? My BMWs never had this "problem" - is Lexus paint softer than, for example, BMW paint ??

Lexus paint is quite soft.

Having said that the Arctic pearl on my RX seems much tougher than it should be going by the previous Lexus vehicles Ive had.

The F-Sport White paint is almost too easy to scratch - a fingernail will scratch it. The good thing is it doesnt take long to sort out even with a simple hand polish whereas BMW's are a PITA to polish up.

11 hours ago, ganzoom said:

^The paint isn't that bad. I put a layer of ceramic nano coating (wolfs) and 18 months on cannot see any stone chips. But I don't do big M-way miles.

Is this a professional application ?  can you advise on prices please?

10 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Is this a professional application ?  can you advise on prices please?

You can pay professionals to apply various coatings but I'm far too cheap for that!! The bottle cost about £10ish, applied it pretty much straight away after getting the car home. Washed, washed it again, and than followed the instruction on the back of the bottle. Am sure car cleaning fans wouldn't approve, but I don't really want to waste hours of my life on car cleaning. The coating is still present 18 months on (beads water), I'll probably try to re-apply it in another 6 months or so.

1 hour ago, ganzoom said:

You can pay professionals to apply various coatings but I'm far too cheap for that!! The bottle cost about £10ish, applied it pretty much straight away after getting the car home. Washed, washed it again, and than followed the instruction on the back of the bottle. Am sure car cleaning fans wouldn't approve, but I don't really want to waste hours of my life on car cleaning. The coating is still present 18 months on (beads water), I'll probably try to re-apply it in another 6 months or so.

@ganzoom I am tempted to do the same if it's really that good.   I don't really have the time to clean the car properly,  would love to but just not going to happen with two little ones in tow.  

@Zotto Just seen your link to the Lexus self healing/restoring clear coat too which I've heard about and if that blub is correct it sounds like we shouldn't need any special coat on the car as it restores minor scuff itself!      I am suspicious this is actually the case and know this topic has been discussed in previous threads.

In my experience with GS, self restoring paint works, even if Lexus at the moment is not organized for miracles :-) You can notice this in days with rain: other cars are opaque while Lexus has  many little water bubbles on it, the same effect you can notice with cars with wax treatments.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichyRich said:

@ganzoom I am tempted to do the same if it's really that good.   I don't really have the time to clean the car properly,  would love to but just not going to happen with two little ones in tow.  

@Zotto Just seen your link to the Lexus self healing/restoring clear coat too which I've heard about and if that blub is correct it sounds like we shouldn't need any special coat on the car as it restores minor scuff itself!      I am suspicious this is actually the case and know this topic has been discussed in previous threads.

Its sales BS, doesnt work at all, in fact, my RX is 4 years old and has less swirls on it than the IS does.

Go for CQuartz if you're planning on getting a coating - one of the easiest ones to use IMO and lasts very well!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links