Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus isf police car owner

Hi guys,  I would just like to introduce myself as the owner of the isf police car. I must own the most famous isf for my sins ;). I have owned the car since January and have been a member of the forum since then. You guys have been really helpful, sourcing missing exhaust tips and good advice.

i thought long and hard before buying the car and was following it for sometime, I read all the chats on the forum, some good and bad but definitely well debated. I looked past the bad advertising, and went with it. 

The car is in good condition but just needs a bit of tlc that I am enjoying doing, missing exhaust tip sorted,  bit of wear on the leather, ( booked in next week) cap on the bumper missing sorted. New brake pads all round sorted. Few bits of stone chips etc just to sort then she will be a shining pearl again.

The car obviously has no lexus history as the police carry out work themselves. I was originally a little apprehensive but one of my friends worked on police cars and said they are cared for regardless of any expense or time, which is good to hear.  It does have a service schedule of all works ever carried out, from tyres to services to any body / paintwork. So far so good

i love this car and am fortunate enough to be able to run it as a weekend car, ( much more fun than the company volvo)  the power delivery is so different the m3 I had previously, and does take some getting used to. But when that 2nd intake opens it smiles all round.

The rareretey of this car is great also, I have only ever seen one in the flesh and that was about five years ago, and since then I have always hoped I would have chance to own one.

Sorry for the life story, thought it might be of interest.

i will ill attach a couple of pics if I can work out how to

Thanks guys

thanks guys

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Looking very nice, mine on the other hand had FLSH,.....well did until I had the 60k carried out by a very good friend and excellent mechanic that I trust implicitly, I'd have more faith in a non maindealer example, so good luck to u and I'm sure yours was purchased at much more appealing figure than most 👍

• Like 1

Hi Linus, as far as I found there was only one. There are a few news articles about it, as in total with the police work the car cost them 81000. Which is a fair old chunk for a police car. Some people were not impressed with public money being spent on that. :)

thanks for for the note on the wheels, I had read the articles previously but had never noticed mine were wrong. Will get them switched to the other side 

14 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

Are there any modifications that the police did which hasn't been removed/revert back to stock?

They usually remove the Maccy Dee shelf before selling them on, that'll save you a job :lol:

Ha ha, I'm afraid not, pretty much returned to its original condition. There is a false back in the boot, I presume that is to stop any one getting from the back in to the boot and away as the seats go down lol, it's been done really well you can't  tel so I've left it. Will remove it eventually. And there is an extra interior light in the front which hasbeen left but that's it. Not left me anything exciting. 😛. No blue lights or turbo chargers to play with. You wouldn't notice it was a police car if you weren't told. 

2 hours ago, Mr p said:

There is a false back in the boot, I presume that is to stop any one getting from the back in to the boot and away as the seats go down

I was about to joke, maybe drug dealers in Yorkshire were not afraid of Lexus IS-F as formidable car on pursuit,  but more of being locked in the boot and taken on B roads... 

But being serious - seats in back of IS don't go down or recline, not sure what are you referring to the false back, but if that is partition between boot and interior - it is not false. You should only have small latch which can only be opened from the boot right in the middle.  

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:57 PM, CharlieC said:

Looking good but you need to swap the wheels over on their axles. Look at other members cars on here for classification.

Well spotted, I thought I was the only one.................

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gary,

So how's this for a small world... Had a phone call last week from a guy who was interested in buying my IS-F, but couldn't do anything at the moment due to having an extension built. I explained my car was no longer for sale (just ordered PPE headers!), but had no issue with him calling me again once he had his finances sorted out to see if I could be convinced to part with it. Anyway, guy explained to me he was really interested in buying an IS-F, and asked if I knew about the Police car version that was on the roads a few years ago.

I of course said I knew about that car to which he told me he was one of the main mechanics that worked for the Police, and that was the car he looked after! :smile:

Sorry for the long winded story, but thought you'd be interested to know that was the car that made him want to buy one for himself.

Cheers.

Pete

• Like 3

Hi Peter.

wow it is a small world, great to hear stories of people's connections and interests and how they came to own and know about isf's.

It's really interesting hearing stories on the car I own, builds up a very unique history for the car. Which is fab.

Not a bad job working on an isf all day. Bet he had a few envious mechanics in the force.

it would be quite interesting to speak to the chap, I am sure he has a few stories to tel. Is he on the forum? You never know, if you can't be persuaded to sell yours he may one day persuade me to sell. (Not any time soon love the isf to much) what a story that would be.

Thanks again peter

gary

• 5 months later...

My force took part in a joint operation with Humberside's Road Policing Unit a few years back, they used this car along with a couple of Evo X's and a 335d M-Sport. Lovely cars. 

8753310007_d3b2ca96cc_b.jpg

• Like 6

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links