Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Size - Advice

I am thinking of buying a set of the 18" Lexus styling wheels and new tyres.

I have an IS Sport (lowered by 15mm) i also have the Lexus lowered springs fitted - another 15mm.

I would like to 'fill' the arches and i wonder what the best tyre size would be? Could i maintain the 45 or could i go up a size or two?

I will also need an arch liner for the drivers side fron t wheel, but why just the drivers side?

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you change the diameter of the rim+tyre then your speedo and odometer will be out.
45's with 18's would cause your speedo to show the incorrect speed

Yes, it'll read about 3 to 4 percent less than with the 225/40R18s. Speedo's are known to overread 5 percent easily (my IS200 does), so you'll really have to watch the needle. I agree it'll fill the arches better, though.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Many thanks for the info - i will go for the 225/40 ZR 18 tyre size.

Besty - Lexus lowering kit factory part number - PZ439-C1721-00.

Supplied and fitted by Lexus technicians at a cost of £360.00 including Gold Discount.

Apparantly, they are re-badges Eibach springs?

Anyway, this might be the expensive way of doing it, as i would'nt have a clue myself. Also peace of mind that a Lexus technician has fitted them.

I have noticed a real difference, the ride is a lot firmer but you notice every small pot-hole, the cornering has vastly improved. Also, the front has settled and dropped by just over 20mm and the rear by at least 15mm.

Does anyone know why an Arch Liner is required to the front L.H ?

Many thanks for the info - i will go for the 225/40 ZR 18 tyre size.

Besty - Lexus lowering kit factory part number - PZ439-C1721-00.

Supplied and fitted by Lexus technicians at a cost of £360.00 including Gold Discount.

Apparantly, they are re-badges Eibach springs?

Anyway, this might be the expensive way of doing it, as i would'nt have a clue myself. Also peace of mind that a Lexus technician has fitted them.

I have noticed a real difference, the ride is a lot firmer but you notice every small pot-hole, the cornering has vastly improved. Also, the front has settled and dropped by just over 20mm and the rear by at least 15mm.

Does anyone know why an Arch Liner is required to the front L.H ?

thanks pal :winky:

Thanks for the info regarding speedo and odometer readings.

Does any know or has anybody ever measured the overall diameter of an 18" rim with a 40mm tyre.

The reason i ask is that i measured my standard 17" rim with a 45mm tyre and the overall diameter is just under 600mm.

As i am trying to fill the arches i assume that an 18" rim and 40mm tyre would have a larger overall diameter, but by how much?

Please note that the /40 or /45 rating does not mean 40 or 45mm. It means the ratio of the width of the tyre compared to the height. This is why when you have wider tyres you need a lower ratio to maintain the correct height.

This link may help with the wheel diameters:

http://www.toyo.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction...c4a784cdc7c94d0

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links