Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air bag recall

Lexus..... 

"There is or could be a grenade in your dash, if your pin has been removed we will call you, if the pin is still in place but you would like it removed please call us". 👍 

• Like 2

I used the same example with Lexus HO today... what a coincidence :D

When the guy refused to guarantee me I won't need to call with the same question in November, I said:

"that is not good enough, we are talking about serious safety issue here - it is almost like having a grenade in my car which will explode with the shrapnel to my GF face if I crash".

BTW don't forget to check "lesser cars" forum as we are in the same boat here:

19 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I used the same example with Lexus HO today... what a coincidence :D

When the guy refused to guarantee me I won't need to call with the same question in November, I said:

"that is not good enough, we are talking about serious safety issue here - it is almost like having a grenade in my car which will explode with the shrapnel to my GF face if I crash".

BTW don't forget to check "lesser cars" forum as we are in the same boat here:

Different forums would be the better term, not lesser cars... I don't have enough time to peruse all the other models forums unfortunately. We're a nice bunch on here and there isn't a hierarchy in place. 

• Like 3

Just now, emjay82 said:

Different forums would be the better term, not lesser cars... I don't have enough time to peruse all the other models forums unfortunately. We're a nice bunch on here and there isn't a hierarchy in place. 

Hence I put it in quotes... As far as airbag recall goes it is actually the same car (model), same airbag. At least on this front IS250 is matching IS-F.

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

@emjay82 Thats right matey no hierarchy on here the place is full of builders and estate agents 😂

🐀

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Thats right matey no hierarchy on here the place is full of builders and estate agents 😂

🐀

😂 absolutely no chance of hierarchy with those sorts! 

36 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

🐀

Don't go trying to elevate your social standing by estate agent association! 😁

Anyways, I look up to you and @emjay82

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

🐀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

@Flytvr And we think your a proper blokee as well, how that will pan out when you've abandoned us to drive around in a what's it called I don't remember now oh I know.............

IMG_0459.JPG.d1f4193218c716d70c7823f4730a87bb.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 1

@Flytvr That's the trouble I know you do, should have gone to spec savers matey.

GSF proper performance saloon

Gs450 F warmed over capable saloon, let's not pretend it's anything else.

On its worst day 5 up the GSF still has the capability to be a limo and a performance car.

The 450 5 up on its best day would not know which way the GSF went, oh and looks that's like trying to compare an old short 60 year old builder from  zummerset and a smooth suave sofisticated Jose lookalike 😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr That's the trouble I know you do, should have gone to spec savers matey.

On its worst day 5 up the GSF still has the capability to be a limo and a performance car.

The 450 5 up on its best day would not know which way the GSF went, oh and looks that's like trying to compare an old short 60 year old builder from  zummerset and a smooth suave sofisticated Jose lookalike 😂

Big Rat

By this time I am wondering what this all has to do with airbag recall?! Am I am missing something?

27 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

Mind you. The airbags in the GS range are 'better' than the ISF's

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Mind you. The airbags in the GS range are 'better' than the ISF's

Well... that is unless you want to treat your passengers with shrapnel occasionally. Then IS-F wins hands down. James Bond feature.. 

• Like 1

Just tried Lexus Edinburgh... very apologetic however, they're unable to help until Lexus officially release the 'fix... :wallbash:

Meanwhile we drive around with motorbike crash helmets on...

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, emjay82 said:

There isn't.......?? You mean @Flytvr and @Big Rat don't have seniority over me on cake and coffee decisions...................Pfffttt.................

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark G said:

There isn't.......?? You mean @Flytvr and @Big Rat don't have seniority over me on cake and coffee decisions...................Pfffttt.................

Well maybe they do a little... Spotted at AV8... 

_20170630_181812.thumb.JPG.294fee8977fefe73ef1cb8db7de42f45.JPG

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Well maybe they do a little... Spotted at AV8... 

_20170630_181812.thumb.JPG.294fee8977fefe73ef1cb8db7de42f45.JPG

@emjay82 No no no @Flytvr usually has a much bigger piece than that, it's the real reason why he is always wittering on about the lack of torque in the isF........... it's the xtra weight the poor girl has to lug about..... whereas I never so much allow a crumb to pass my lips 🤗

🐀

• Like 1

now back to airbag recalls .................  maybe I'm fortunate not to have that issue with mine !  BUT  my 56 plate Honda Legend had the front airbag recall completed in May  ( this year ) and it's just simply that not enough new airbags have been made to fulfil the needs of the marques.

Rome wasn't built in a day and the new  replacement airbags haven't been made in enough years since the problem came to light.

Not much good pressurising any car makers, I'm sure they are all going as fast as they can with tiny supplies becoming available.

In the event one gets a disaster befalling them with an erroneous airbag just join the Class Action that I don't doubt  is going-on right now somewhere.

If the airbag manufacturer and their insurers won't pay up then the car company will be the next point of claim. I was reading that the car makers are covering the costs of the airbag recall anyway until they can wring some money out of anybody else. ...................  the bust bag manufacturer is in throes of being absorbed into another USA car safety provider, probably to continue the beneficial contracts, and that element of the business is being sold-on for $1.5bn

I shouldn't worry too much about Toyota and Honda and Ford, GM and everyone else not getting paid out for their own costs in covering the airbag replacement debacle ...  they can afford it :zorro:

Malc

48 minutes ago, Malc said:

Not much good pressurising any car makers, I'm sure they are all going as fast as they can with tiny supplies becoming available.

That would be true... but here is debunker:

1. Takata stated that due to humidity there is risk for failure, not hot and dry climate (though what Takata knows about their airbags - some were glued with bubblegum). Now you see were we going ... US, California... hot and dry... UK... humid. Where Lexus recalled and fixed all affected cars? California. Wait where Lexus sells most cars? Isn't that.... eghhhh. California? Oh yes, they do. Put it any way you like, but they put money ahead of safety (all companies do.. that is life).

2. I understand that physical stock is difficult to get... But surely while waiting they have trained all dealers so that they can get on as fast as possible when stock arrives? Guess again - I now called 3 dealers and all stated the same thing - "we don't have parts, but even if we do we don't have instructions, we don't know what exactly needs to be fixed and how to do it". Surely, that is one e-mail from Lexus US to Lexus UK - why that not happened yet?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 No no no @Flytvr usually has a much bigger piece than that, it's the real reason why he is always wittering on about the lack of torque in the isF........... it's the xtra weight the poor girl has to lug about..... whereas I never so much allow a crumb to pass my lips 🤗

🐀

So that explains the lack or torque, I'll turn off the bbq now and knock up some cous cous. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links