Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, 1st post here

Car runs very rough, check engine light on as soon as engine is warm, took it to local garage and pulled the codes, got P1346 and P1349

Cleaned the VVti Actuator solenoids, however 1 still sticks as soon as it moves.

Part numbers are 15340-50010 0050 for the faulty 1, (bank 1 nearside of engine)

and 15330-50010 0040 for the working one.

Can anyone recommend a dealer./ parts store that would have a replacement?

also, would the VVti actuator from another Lexus/Toyota model be suitable?

Thanks in advance

Darren

Hi Darren

You have a few options: if you have time and the exchange rates and delivery don’t spoil things, Rock Auto in the US are worth a look.

Don't give up on Lexus: Lexus Birmingham will post and are prepared to give a 25% discount.

Breakers are a source too.

What mileage has the motor done?

simon

Hi Simon,

The car has a little over 227k miles on the clock, and still purrs along, well it does when the Oil control valve isnt sticking :)

I've looked at Rock Auto and their rates (between £36 and £57 plus shipping) don't seem too bad, however they're not original  parts, do you know if the aftermarket parts are as good as Lexus originals?

they have 3 on the site:

SPECTRA PREMIUM/COOLING DEPOT VTS1030

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS VVT166 

and AIRTEX/WELLS 2T1030

For Lexus Birmingham, did you mean Birmingham UK or US? if UK I'll give them a try in the morning

Darren

I think that Simon will have meant Birmingham UK.

I have had quite a few parts off them in the past. My contact was Jo Mitchell but she left towards the end of last year and sent me an email just before she left saying that I should contact her colleague Connor Paggett in future and he would look after me. I have not yet had any contact with Connor but it would probably be worth you asking to speak to him if you ring them. The number is 0121 223 7494.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarrenK said:

Hi Simon,

The car has a little over 227k miles on the clock, and still purrs along, well it does when the Oil control valve isnt sticking :)

I've looked at Rock Auto and their rates (between £36 and £57 plus shipping) don't seem too bad, however they're not original  parts, do you know if the aftermarket parts are as good as Lexus originals?

they have 3 on the site:

SPECTRA PREMIUM/COOLING DEPOT VTS1030

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS VVT166 

and AIRTEX/WELLS 2T1030

For Lexus Birmingham, did you mean Birmingham UK or US? if UK I'll give them a try in the morning

Darren

Oh Birmingham UK. Thanks Colin M 👍 yes I believe it is Connor.

Lexus parts are best bet or if you can’t swallow the price good brand will be ok. AirtexWells are big players and US is highly litigious so generally stuff is ok.

Your Lexus units have done good service.

I try and keep to OEM but have a Pagid brake sensor, Continental drive belt, BluePrint air and cabin filters, Gates cambelt kit and pulleys, water pump. Thermostat non oe.

OEM: front brake pads/discs; spark plugs, oil filter, clips, bolts, washers and drain plugs. Battery. Bushes.

It is difficult to justify high cost parts on a car that is worth so little...or is it? 

About time we had specific safety standards and manufacturing reports on components. 

7 hours ago, Tinonline said:

It is difficult to justify high cost parts on a car that is worth so little...or is it? 

Original EM lasts 227k miles, well, that's not bad at all in my book !

The issue is will you, the owner get the same benefit again in miles and years OR will another purchaser be prepared to pay you for the privilege ...........  I guess not at all really

Maybe that's why so many of these fine beasts are now " gone "

Malc

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dendonc said:

+ VAT + Customs & excise charges (maybe around another 20%) when they get here!

The good thing with RockAuto is they allow you to pay all the taxes upfront, depending on what courier you choose, so there are no surprises or delays.

• Like 2

I think Mike (Bluesman) replaced the ones on his car and may therefore have a source.

Another component worth changing and often missed are the Oil Control Valve Filters priced around a fiver each 15678-46010.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I think Mike (Bluesman) replaced the ones on his car and may therefore have a source.

Another component worth changing and often missed are the Oil Control Valve Filters priced around a fiver each 15678-46010.

If you are talking about the Oxygen sensors I had both banks replaced. It didn't make sense just to replace the one. My garage did the work and sourcing of the parts.I cant find the bill but I think it was around £350 and I think he would have got the parts from Lexus Reading.

Up to you really but when I replaced the VVTi solenoid and oil control valve on my 1JZ the Toyota parts came to about £150 from Toyota Celica Breakers. I could have used third party but for such a sensitive part of the engine I went OEM. That solenoid has done superlative service in your LS400. I'd treat it to the OEM parts, even if the car is not worth much. Peace of mind.

• Like 1