Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nice LS 400 Up For Grabs

Taking into account these very few & far between 400's are quite hard to buy these days I thought I'd highlight this one on eBay, yet another without any corrosion entered on the MOT history advisories, sure one I'd be going to look at if I were on the buy, 86k miles, 2 grand, looks to me as if it's been garaged all or most of its life.

http://bit.ly/2FqjYxQ

7 hours ago, cornershop said:

This has just been discussed on another thread. Not as good as it appears

I would like to read this thread but i can't find it !

Malc

21 hours ago, Malc said:

reads a nice car ..  btw, from tomorrow it is ILLEGAL to charge a card payment surcharge !

Malc

That's interesting, I didn't know that.  Does that that go for every business?

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

That's interesting, I didn't know that.  Does that that go for every business?

Yes, it was just on BBC 8am news (London area), it's been illegal since midnight.

Seller is still advertising a surcharge 'but' if you bought it right now >with a debit card<, said nothing, went & collected it, you could then tell your bank to have the excess money put back on your card, it would only take a few seconds, seller would no claim in law.

• Like 1

OK, I understand the card payment surcharge conundrum BUT I would have thought it much preferable for the customer to know exactly, with total transparency, what the price of the item being purchased is rather than the cost being added on elsewhere .  coz that is simply what will happen.  No one can expect a retailer to absorb say 2.5% ( say 4% for AMEX ) of the card processing cost to him in any transaction at all ...........

Just Eat have simply added 50p to each and every transaction and that means the cash payers end up paying more and the card payers none less ..........

Holidays and flights will be exactly the same ............ card payers will just NOT be given the opportunity to pay by card .  the margins for the retailer are too tight.

Simply I would have thought total transparency to be best and now the EU laws have made obfuscation the rule !

Sorry to rant on but this affects me a great deal ( and my customers ) in my business.

Malc

[Offtopic]The law change is daft. Like you say, JustEat have introduced a flat rate 50p “service charge” across the board for both cash and card payments. Other companies will be doing the same. I work in the same industry and know what the card charges actually cost. It would have made more sense to either force the banks to process the payments for a cheaper flat rate or get companies to publish their exact rates and only allow them to charge that exact rate to customers. 

As it stands it’s the consumer who will lose out more. The banks always win. [/offtopic]

4 hours ago, GibletPH said:

[Offtopic]The law change is daft. Like you say, JustEat have introduced a flat rate 50p “service charge” across the board for both cash and card payments. Other companies will be doing the same. I work in the same industry and know what the card charges actually cost. It would have made more sense to either force the banks to process the payments for a cheaper flat rate or get companies to publish their exact rates and only allow them to charge that exact rate to customers. 

As it stands it’s the consumer who will lose out more. The banks always win. [/offtopic]

Nothing new there then!!!

1 hour ago, ChrisM said:

1 hour ago, ChrisM said:

Surely easier to provide discount for cash ??

maybe but if it's a business then the sodding banks charge about a 1% fee for paying in cash :zorro:   but it is still quite legal to charge the buyer that premium, the EU law hasn't yet changed that conundrum .....  yet

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links