Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h considering

It will be a revelation compared to your 220d.

I've really nothing negative to say about the 300h. Suspension can be a little stiff on F Sport and even the 18" wheeled Premier so also try models with 17" wheels to compare. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kullyb said:

Hi 

thinking of changing my is 220 d to is300h

what do owners think of their is 300h

thanks

Its awesome - I dont think there's much point in elaborating...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, kullyb said:

What’s it like in this weather 

Its fine - snow mode and summer tyres, had no issues. Probably would be much much better being RWD with winter tyres on 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As above. Using the snow mode is excellent and makes it near impossible to spin the wheels.

I recommend you test drive a few of the model you're looking at. Get a feel for how they drive. 

• Thanks 1

Hi all.

That's a result then Paul.:rolleyes:

Iam thinking off winter tyres next winter might be better in the rough weather than the standard ones.:wink3:

65mike:rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 03/03/2018 at 6:31 PM, kullyb said:

What’s it like in this weather 

I live on a very steep country lane the doesn't get treated by the council.  I was feeling very smug on Thursday when I pulled past a land rover that couldn't make it up the hill, he wound his window down to get my attention, I stopped and he asked if it was rear wheel drive, then said he couldn't understand why he couldn't get any grip.  I just said Landrovers are rubbish and carried on my way.  Thought that would be more fun than letting him know I have winter tyres on....

The IS is pretty good though even on summers, I assume it's due to there been quite of weight on the rear axle due to the batteries.

• Thanks 1

I absolutely love mine, this is my first Lexus and would highly recommend.  I have the F sport, firmer ride however with the Michelin pilot sport 4's on it handles amazing. 

I do mainly motorway driving and average 52mpg which I'm more than happy with especially as running wider tyres compared to other models. 

I'm too running a second set of smaller alloys but with winter tyres on. I can't tell you how good they are. activate snow mode with winters and you will be getting here 4x4 can't as the above post demonstrates lol.

great car very pleased 

I'm actually in exactly the same boat... I had to get rid my BMW 320D at the beginning of the year due to numerous reasons and opted for a spontaneous purchase of a IS 220D however now I've had my 220D for a couple of months i'm already at looking to replace it with something a little more permanent. The 300H F Sport really intrigues me but a lot of reviews has created a shadow doubt about its performance. I'm obviously not intending to compete with super cars at traffic lights but i'd still like a little kick for quick round a bout exits and overtaking... 

In Comparison to the 220D how does it compete? I've also been looking at a Mercedes CLA and the Audi A3 saloon however there is just something about the IS 300H that really appeals to me but before i take the plunge i'd really appreciate if current/previous owners could share there experiences and if they could shed some more light on real world performance instead of reading a 1 or 2 day review