Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi All,

I am thinking about getting some warranty for my car, but all online ones dont do cars with over 150k max.

Any idea where I can get some warranty for my car with 202k miles ? 

I just needs some peace of mind if some thing goes wrong.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

How come it’s for sale?

when you are looking for a car you never find one, and when you buy one you suddenly spot the car you always wanted. Ideally I was looking for one in black color and with low miles. This was an pure impulse buy. 

I have seen another one which I fancy now. This one has some small niggles, nothing major but before i start fixing thing and put money on it, I just want to try my luck quickly and see if It sells. If it doesnt in next couple of weeks, then I will just start fixing small niggles to make it perfect and keep it for some years.

I only bought it 4 days ago and I have already spent some money on it, cant resist. 

Castrol gtx oil change with new filter

4 wheel tracking / alignment and full balancing

new bosch wipers

new aluminium pressed plates

door module on order

polish / wax

alloys touched up

chrome exhaust tips cleaned and freshened up

coolant flush and new antifreez

full vallet inside out 

lol

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

I do not think you will get a warranty with that mileage anywhere ,if you do it will be full of onerous conditions and will cost a fortune.

My Merc (220,000) miles is covered by Nationwide Flexplus Account. There are conditions but not unduly onerous.

SORRY, MY MISTAKE I CONFUSED WARRANTY WITH TRAVEL INSURANCE.PLEASE DISREGARD MY COMMENT ABOVE.

Edited by royoftherovers
MY MISTAKE

I don’t think any warranty company will cover a car with that mileage, if they do there will be so many exclusions and any excess you might have to pay will be so high that it won’t be worth the paper it’s written on.

• Like 1

The GS that I bought in January came with 6 months warranty which I thought would give me peace of mind, the further I look into it the more I've decided I wouldn't waste my time using it.  So many exclusions, so many parts not covered, and it only pays a maximum of £50 per hour labour.  On top of that 3 garages I've asked don't do warranty work due to the time it takes to get paid. I'm sure some are better of course.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

The GS that I bought in January came with 6 months warranty which I thought would give me peace of mind, the further I look into it the more I've decided I wouldn't waste my time using it.  So many exclusions, so many parts not covered, and it only pays a maximum of £50 per hour labour.  On top of that 3 garages I've asked don't do warranty work due to the time it takes to get paid. I'm sure some are better of course.

Phil, do not forget the Statutory Warranty that was free and which requires the Trader to make good at his cost any significant defect which was present or developing at the time of purchase ! Your purchase of any warranty was not necessary.

Regards

John 

33 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Phil, do not forget the Statutory Warranty that was free and which requires the Trader to make good at his cost any significant defect which was present or developing at the time of purchase ! Your purchase of any warranty was not necessary.

Regards

John 

Hi John,

You're right of course, although I didn't purchase the warranty, it came with it.  They did make good their promise on the first 02 sensor, it's just a shame I was given the wrong info and replaced the wrong sensor!  I did phone the warranty company when the fault code was first thrown up  "Sorry, 02 sensors aren't covered"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links