Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up a new to me 2007 LS460, 70k miles 1 previous owner, just a couple of questions i have, a few things to tidy up and service items, i thought it would be handy to group them in one thread

Online parts catalogue - anyone have a link to a good source that may have parts diagrams etc?

Boot trim clips - does anyone have a part number for these? In particular the clips that cover the flap over the amplifier 

Spark plugs - are standard Toyota ones the best option i have seen DENSO IKBH20TT 4705 iridium TT SPARK PLUGS online has anyone went for these?

How many pollen filters? Just one?

wheel well cover plastic handle part number - mine is broken and looking to replace it 

Disc and pads - are Pagid disc and pads ok as replacements?

Transmission oil change  - what mileage do people get it changed for?

Auxiliary belts - What mileage would these need replacing ?

Sorry for all the questions in one post, i thought it would be better than spreading it across multiple posts

Thanks

Dan

MVIMG_20180526_132945.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desperatedano said:

i have seen DENSO IKBH20TT 4705 IRIDIUM TT SPARK PLUGS online has anyone went for these?

Someone here within this past couple of weeks mentioned Denso plugs but he'd seen some on eBay at a very very low price, he did not buy from eBay as it has a reputation for fake goods, it does not answer your question but might be worth bearing in mind, as far as eBay is concerned.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dendonc said:

Someone here within this past couple of weeks mentioned Denso plugs but he'd seen some on ebay at a very very low price, he did not buy from ebay as it has a reputation for fake goods, it does not answer your question but might be worth bearing in mind, as far as ebay is concerned.

yes, thats very true with eBay, i would probably buy from a large online supplier of plugs rather than say eBay. I was more curious about the part number than where to get them. 

Ill probably just get them direct from Toyota to be on the safe side

2 hours ago, desperatedano said:

Auxiliary belts - What mileage would these need replacing ?

this is probably not very helpful as I have a Ls400 BUT I have just changed the aux / serpentine belt on mine after 7 years and 82k miles of ownership and I doubt the belt had been changed since the last cambelt change at 101k miles prior to now.......  both belts seemed to probably have some '000s of miles life left in them, tbh

Lexus belts have quite some longevity

Malc

The Auxillary belt is easily the easiest to change and also the easiest to check if it is not fraying and the rubber is not cracking on the grooved teeth then it is probably good it will probably have been changed already if the car as done over 100k .

The transmission fluid is service recommended for change at 32k on the 400s but my view is  if it is pink and does'nt smell burnt it is good.my first 400 had 150k on it before I changed the fluid and it ran fine.

Use only genuine Lexus pads on the brakes as they are matched in thermo dynamics to the discs if they are still original.

Also use only Lexus Denso or NGK plugs there are copies and they are unlikely to perform as required.

When you come into the Lexus realm there are certain things you don't mess with on parts replacements.

5 hours ago, desperatedano said:

DENSO IKBH20TT 4705 IRIDIUM TT SPARK PLUGS

These are suitable for your vehicle and are quite cheap (under £5 each in the US). They aren't as high performance as the OEM plugs but not sure you would notice any real difference.

Hi there, I have a 2007 LS460.

First of all, I would echo what Phil said. With an LS, there are some things for which you should use OEM parts.

If you have an Owner's Manual the spark plug details and all oil specifications are there. Note there are two types of engines on the 460 (1UR-FSE and 1UR-FE) and they use different plugs.

Lexus/Toyota say they have 'sealed for life' transmissions systems which do not require oil replenishment.......but that's just silly. Most of us want to keep our vehicles for a long time so changing the transmission oil is just good sense. It's not an easy job to do properly and garages recommend it after 60,000 miles. I get my engine oil changed every 5,000 miles - but that is probably being over-cautious.

The number of cabin filters depends on whether you have rear aircon or not. If you have seat conditioning, there are extra filters in the seats.

A really good website for servicing info on any make of car is https://repairpal.com    

In my experience, these cars are ultra-reliable, but they are highly sophisticated machines. So, in the unlikely event they do go wrong, you have to be prepared to fork out a bit of money for spares/repairs/servicing...........and you will ALWAYS get help on this site.

27 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

If you have an Owner's Manual the spark plug details and all oil specifications are there. Note there are two types of engines on the 460 (1UR-FSE and 1UR-FE) and they use different plugs.

Only the 1UR-FSE engine is relevant for European vehicles.

• Like 1

Brian,"sealed for life" is an often misunderstood term.

I believe that it refers to the Manufacturers production life of the vehicle in question which is often 5 or 7 years before the new model is introduced.

This will equate to 60,000 or 80,000 miles typically at an average annual mileage of 12,000 miles.

It does not refer to the life of the vehicle from an owners perspective.

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Brian,"sealed for life" is an often misunderstood term.

I believe that it refers to the Manufacturers production life of the vehicle in question which is often 5 or 7 years before the new model is introduced.

This will equate to 60,000 or 80,000 miles typically at an average annual mileage of 12,000 miles.

Exactly right and even though the manufacture states 'for life' their version of 'life' is gonna be different to your version of 'life' as they are in the business of selling new cars and you are trying to keep yours in tip top condition for as long as you can!

paul m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas said:

Exactly right and even though the manufacture states 'for life' their version of 'life' is gonna be different to your version of 'life' as they are in the business of selling new cars and you are trying to keep yours in tip top condition for as long as you can!

paul m.

Many thanks Paul.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

If that were the case then they would state a timing belt is for life too but they don't, they state 60k or 100k miles. (Not on this particular vehicle but you get the point)

They don't mean production lifetime, they do mean it should last the lifetime of the vehicle and don't provide a recommended interval however what they deem to be 'lifetime' isn't defined but probably not more than 12 years old.

It certainly makes sense to replace the fluid every ten years.

I'm glad my post triggered so many interesting replies.

Colin, thanks for the engine info - because I live in Holland, I wasn't 100% sure that my engine was the same as that in the UK.

John and Paul, I completely agree with you about 'sealed for life'. How many times have I tried to fix a washing machine, tumble drier or hob......only to be told that they are 'sealed for life'. And all I wanted was brushes for a motor.

10 years or 100,000 miles are nothing for an LS. There are lots of folks on this site with an LS which has 20+years or 200k+ miles. We love our cars and want to look after them. But this does mean we have to put extra effort in to it. 

The OP asked another question about auxiliary belts. The 460 has a timing chain but that doesn't mean that belts and pulleys can be ignored.........I suggest that 100,000 miles is a good time to have them checked.

But I could be wrong 🙂 

• Like 1

I would like to think 100,000 miles for a aux belt change is prob the upper limit, I mean if it let's go then it's not gonna trash your engine like a cam belt would, but I would expect any water pump failure that occurs before 100,000 to get a new belt fitted.

paul m.

12 hours ago, Hangie said:

I'm using this one for my GS - https://partsouq.com

Ah yes i remember this site from my Suabru days, thanks for the reminder. 

Thanks for all the other info guys, Ill get the spark plugs/aux belt from dealer. and probably get the brakes from ECP since they are on sale currently. Ill price the gearbox/diff  fluid change from the local toyota dealer and see how reasonable it is 

Another question i have, do the seats that have the heated/cooled functions have any additional filters in them that need replacing ? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links