Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

destination Voice !!

Hello all

I have just taken delivery of a two year old Lexus NX300h and its great.... but I cant seem to get it to recognise an address entered in voice control.

I have tried all sorts of speeds when talking, even changed my accent but still it keeps telling me its not recognised it, It tells me to say the house number the road and the town.

Done all that and it still rejects it.

Is it my voice ? has anybody got or had this problem, Id love to know what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

Thanks in anticipation

Roychip (Roy)  

Welcome to the quirky world of the useless Lexus navigation  :laughing:

Seriously though, the infotainment and nav systems have always been the Achilles' Heel of Lexus. My November 2013 nav is all but useless and I really don't think they've improved much since then; certainly better and easier to use my phone or a standalone TomTom.

My Phone system works perfectly with Voice Activation & my Nav with Go Home & Go Ikea.

I understand the System does respond to specific phrases as indicated above but unless you use the car daily you can easily forget the necessary prompt.

Tel

2 hours ago, Tel said:

My Phone system works perfectly with Voice Activation & my Nav with Go Home & Go Ikea.

I understand the System does respond to specific phrases as indicated above but unless you use the car daily you can easily forget the necessary prompt.

Tel

IT WILL BE IN THE HANDBOOK

• Like 1

Thanks for your responses, I still try to get it to recognise an address in the voice   format it asks for but so far it hasn't recognised any of my attempts so I'll just revert to typing the address in.

11 hours ago, Tel said:

Tel

One can ask the system to read out the available commands should one forget the exact phrase.

I've also discovered it matters which screen is being displayed when one issues a command. If the telephony screen is showing and one issues a navigation command the very polite lady plays dumb.. 

On my 4th Lexus. All manufactured between 2014 and 2017 and still haven't mastered the voice control. Sad to say my wife's 2015 Fiat 500 has an easier entertainment interface. 

Only about £50000 difference in the new list price 😂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links