Full Tank or Not

Ozzay

Full Tank Everytime (Local or Not)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you full tank your car everytime

• YES
    • NO

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

I like the red one. Too bad the license plate is yellow. People making these have no taste at all.

It is possible to get black one, but police usually becomes quite upset... One option is probably registering company in Jersey and then renting out your own car to yourself + insurance is cheaper and there is no road tax, not VAT on the car (or is that Guernsey)... 

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

It is possible to get black one, but police usually becomes quite upset... One option is probably registering company in Jersey and then renting out your own car to yourself + insurance is cheaper and there is no road tax, not VAT on the car (or is that Guernsey)... 

If the numbers also are in black then I could understand that it would be difficult to read from a distance  😁

30 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

If the numbers also are in black then I could understand that it would be difficult to read from a distance  😁

Is that your blue CT200H in your profile photo...? What colour are your plates...? Any photos...?

44 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

No - old style plates have silver numbers. Looks great. But in UK people don't want numbers plates to look great, they want them to be ugly and obvious, just to remind you of what crime it is to have a car. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

I thought it was frozen for almost last decade, did I missed something... have Sunak announced that in the recent budget?

No. Frozen for the 11th year running.

Prices going up is just down to oil prices being back at 2019 levels.

• Like 1

I can't remember fuel being £1.26 in 2019.. I thought that once it dropped to £1 in December 2018 (or was it 2017), prices always were in a range of ~£1.10... 

Probably just shows how detached I am from fuel filling and prices for last year... 😁

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Possible but illegal!  Blimey, where's this thread going next ... 😁

John in Las Palmas ... The colour of plates are set by law depending upon the Country you live in!  In the UK all fronts are reflective white and rears are yellow, both with black characters ... unless the car was registered before 1975 in which case black with silver lettering is acceptable. 😉

Linas ... As for registering a car in Jersey and driving it on mainland roads ... that's OK for visiting providing you have proof of Channel Island residency ... but not an option if you live on the mainland as it then needs to conform with DVLA rules which includes payment of VAT (if purchased in the CI) and having a valid MOT.  Sorry Linas ... nice try! 😉

1 minute ago, Sundance said:

Linas ... As for registering a car in Jersey and driving it on mainland roads ... that's OK for visiting providing you have proof of Channel Island residency ... but not an option if you live on the mainland as it then needs to conform with DVLA rules which includes payment of VAT (if purchased in the CI) and having a valid MOT.  Sorry Linas ... nice try! 😉

please read my post again, you may have missed a small detail or two there... 

4 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

please read my post again, you may have missed a small detail or two there... 

It's as much as I can manage to read your posts once let alone twice ... 🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I can't remember fuel being £1.26 in 2019.. I thought that once it dropped to £1 in December 2018 (or was it 2017), prices always were in a range of ~£1.10... 

Probably just shows how detached I am from fuel filling and prices for last year... 😁

It was around £ 1.18 to £ 1.30 the whole year.

16 minutes ago, Sundance said:

It's as much as I can manage to read your posts once let alone twice ... 🤣

Just make sure you are doing the first reading right then.

I said "rent the car out to yourself". UK residents can drive rental cars in UK regardless where they registered within EU or CI. Not sure if EU thing still works after brex****, but see no reason why CI should not work.

22 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I said "rent the car out to yourself". UK residents can drive rental cars in UK regardless where they registered within EU or CI. Not sure if EU thing still works after brex****, but see no reason why CI should not work.

I did try and make sense of it, honest! ... but it just didn't happen 😂 .  It' looks like a cunning plan but I think you'll find that it's not permitted on a permanent basis (which I think is what you were implying) under both HMRC and DVLA regulations.  Temporary or periodic rental then yes, no problem but only within certain time constraints. 😉

As for post-Brexit, the terms relating to car rental in or out of the EU have indeed slightly changed depending upon which Countries you visit and for how long.  It would need one of your multi-page answers to clarify that one ... but please don't! 🤐😄

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sundance said:

not permitted on a permanent basis

I didn't say on permanent basis - I just said there are ways of legally registering car on black/silver number plates and legally driving it in UK, whilst at the same time being UK resident as well. You right, there are limitations - 90 days for EU car and I think 180 days for CI (although don't quote me on that), but these limitation are very difficult to enforce, so luck may vary to a degree... or to the level ones is willing to push it. 

2 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Is that your blue CT200H in your profile photo...? What colour are your plates...? Any photos...?

Yes. Colour code 8X9.

Spanish license plates are white with a tiny blue stripe on the left with a white E in the bottom of the stripe (very close to same blue 8X9) and with black numbers.

Designed especially for blue cars 😇

image.thumb.png.367d1ec15147fba273359a7d0415f2c8.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Super 98 octane is 1.09 Euro here  😇

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

That was probably similar to nowadays - people sticking M-sport badges on anything they stick on... including WV Golfs 😁

Have no idea if previous owner or used cars saleman put it on.

15 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Yes. Colour code 8X9.

Spanish license plates are white with a tiny blue stripe on the left with a white E in the bottom of the stripe (very close to same blue 8X9) and with black numbers.

Designed especially for blue cars 😇

image.thumb.png.367d1ec15147fba273359a7d0415f2c8.png

Your Blue CT200H does look very nice... The Lexus Sky Blue (8x9), is similar to the BMW Yas Marina Blue, that I had on my M4 Convertible...

If the Sky Blue was available with the LC 500 Convertible, it would have been my choice...

It only comes in a Deep Blue, so I chose the Terrane Khaki... Its a strange colour, but I thought it went well with the Ochre interior with the beige roof...

IMG_1063.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

Your Blue CT200H does look very nice... The Lexus Sky Blue (8x9), is similar to the BMW Yas Marina Blue, that I had on my M4 Convertible...

If the Sky Blue was available with the LC 500 Convertible, it would have been my choice...

It only comes in a Deep Blue, so I chose the Terrane Khaki... Its a strange colour, but I thought it went well with the Ochre interior with the beige roof...

IMG_1063.jpeg

I like the colour.

Wife wanted this from our old Nissan:

image.thumb.png.ff03efee4459e695dbbd39839861a3fe.png

Daughter wanted Ferrari red or pink.

Luckily they did not agree and let me have what I wanted.

18 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I didn't say on permanent basis - I just said there are ways of legally registering car on black/silver number plates and legally driving it in UK, whilst at the same time being UK resident as well.

Nope, sorry Linas, you've completely lost me 🤨.

You say that as a UK resident you can 'probably' register a Company in the CI, rent out your own car to yourself 😕 and drive it with black/silver plates in the UK ... but not permanently! 😳

Now why on earth would anyone want to do that? 🤔  Makes absolutely no sense to me even if it were possible. 😲

If I'm missing something obvious then do please try and explain ... preferably in as few words as possible so that I can understand.  We're never too old to learn 😉 .

1 minute ago, Sundance said:

Nope, sorry Linas, you've completely lost me 🤨.

You say that as a UK resident you can 'probably' register a Company in the CI, rent out your own car to yourself 😕 and drive it with black/silver plates in the UK ... but not permanently! 😳

Now why on earth would anyone want to do that? 🤔  Makes absolutely no sense to me even if it were possible. 😲

If I'm missing something obvious then do please try and explain ... preferably in as few words as possible so that I can understand.  We're never too old to learn 😉 .

This is solution for people with more money than sense (or very principal).

Take for example that you have Ferrari, or maybe LC500 which you drive in summer. You can follow the process I described, spend all summer completely legally driving on black and silver number plates, because you prefer them over white/yellow and it makes your car look more special. Service it and put it into storage - repeat next year.

On top of that you would be saving on VAT, on road tax and on insurance - that could be very significant amount of money for some very rare and expensive car (say Bugatti Chiron).

For example if I would have multiple cars and would be very rich - I would do that... because I consider VAT, VED and insurance unfair and I would be happy to avoid paying them. Not sure all in all this would save any money (probably it would), but it would certainly make me feel better knowing that fraudulent UK insurers and tax man got nothing from me.

Certainly not a solution for everyone!

9 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

make me feel better knowing that fraudulent UK insurers and tax man got nothing from me.

Certainly not a solution for everyone!

and if your prize possession gets damaged whilst in storage for that 6 months .....  no insurance payout for you then !

And I'm happy for the rich to pay taxes ............ .  saves the poor like me from digging even deeper into the £164bn the economists tell me I'm sitting on ( along with lots of other golden oldies it seems ):yahoo:

Just my simplistic view ............ not for everyone tho' eh !

Malc

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Malc said:

and if your prize possession gets damaged whilst in storage for that 6 months .....  no insurance payout for you then !

And I'm happy for the rich to pay taxes .

The car would be insured on CI insurance, so you would get pay-out. You simply would not need to sell your kidneys to pay just for punitive UK insurance.

When it comes to VAT - I agree with you. But when it comes to VED I don't - I would be happy to pay any price for VED if it would be secured just for roads improvements (who wouldn't want our roads to improve!), but it isn't and it goes into things I disapprove... and our roads are frankly disgrace at the moment, getting worse and worse every year.

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

and it goes into things I disapprove.

probably like the NHS ........  helping the handicapped,,,,,,,,,,,,, infirm and aged ( like me :wink3: )

Police and Fire Service ....  ha ! who needs 'em ! 😵  ( I jest of course )

Malc

Just now, Malc said:

probably like the NHS ........  helping the handicapped,,,,,,,,,,,,, infirm and aged ( like me :wink3: )

Police and Fire Service ....  ha ! who needs 'em ! 😵  ( I jest of course )

Well for that we already pay income tax isn't it? 

If our politicians would be less corrupt and our systems more efficient I am sure that would be enough … actually, not only enough, we would have money to spare for doubling the salaries of NHS staff, hiring twice as many teachers, police officers and fireman and firewoman...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links