Full Tank or Not

Ozzay

Full Tank Everytime (Local or Not)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you full tank your car everytime

• YES
    • NO

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

The heavier the car the more fuel is used.

If not filling the tank it will be needed to visit gas station more often.

I am lazy enough to fill every time.

I heard its a very small amount of difference something like .75 percent difference which can be acceptable given the trip to refuel often.

3 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

The heavier the car the more fuel is used.

If not filling the tank it will be needed to visit gas station more often.

I am lazy enough to fill every time.

I do the same John. It is called "being prepared".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

I do the same John. It is called "being prepared".

Being lazy is not a bad thing. I once got a job telling new boss that I am too lazy to do the same thing twice, so I do it right first time.

• Like 2

I always fill my tanks! I do not wish to get condensation in the tank causing issues. That is my take on  it. If you can't afford to fill the tank, then possibly you are running a car that is too expensive for your income.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Generally, I fill full tank and I use it till the end. Not because I am lazy... or maybe I am, just call it "efficient". The difference on driving with full tank is quickly negated, by having to take even few 100 meters detour to fill-up, so there are no practical difference there.

However, during lockdown I stopped doing this as fuel goes-off over time and my car being parked sometimes for a month doesn't help. So now I started adding fresh 5-10l only every other time I drive and keeping it below 25%. But that is not how I would normally do it, just exceptional times we living in.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I always fill my tanks! I do not wish to get condensation in the tank causing issues. That is my take on  it. If you can't afford to fill the tank, then possibly you are running a car that is too expensive for your income.

Twas an empty fuel tank vapours coupled with an electric spark which doomed TWA Flight 800 out of JFK, unless one is a Conspiracy Theorist!

• Like 1

@Spacewagon52 if you can't afford to fill a tank then possibly you're running a car too expensive for your income? Your statement is downright pig headed snobbish and full of c**p. 

I've never had a high income but the cars I've had have All been top of the range and I've always filled their tanks to at least 3/4.

So far this year I've been on furlough (excluding weekends which I don't work anyway) 80% of the time. So with only 80% of my wages coming in its hit hard but nevertheless I still fill my car up at least 3/4.

Am I put off by your statement? YES 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

@Spacewagon52 if you can't afford to fill a tank then possibly you're running a car too expensive for your income? Your statement is downright pig headed snobbish and full of c**p. 

I've never had a high income but the cars I've had have All been top of the range and I've always filled their tanks to at least 3/4.

So far this year I've been on furlough (excluding weekends which I don't work anyway) 80% of the time. So with only 80% of my wages coming in its hit hard but nevertheless I still fill my car up at least 3/4.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, seconds out, 2Falls, 2Submissions or a Knockout to decide the Winner !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

I don't like snobs John.

We are all different Vlad.  I dislike snobs intensely, but I  happen to know Spacewagon rather well and a Snob he is not.

I had no problem with what he said or how he said it, in fact I could have written it myself.

I think that you two should have a chat.

By way of example, I disliked the way Linas used to express himself and so I chose to send him, a PM. His response was terrific and I now look forward to reading his contributions. He has become an important, knowledgeable and valued Member of this Forum.

Just my view and I hope you receive my response in the spirit in which I write it.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

I don't like snobs John.

I'm with you on this. Being self employed means my money can be excellent or non existent, and with Covid it's been variable to say the least, so just being cautious I've not filled up every time.  However, I do openly confess to being a snob when it comes to coffee, I hope you'll be with me on that!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I put it to you that it's nothing to do with the expense of filling your tank it's more down to practicality and individual preference.  Neither, if I may suggest, is it a matter of condensation, unless of course you are leaving the car for a long period, in store for example, in which case it is more likely that your fuel will go off and cause you a problem. 😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I'm with you on this. Being self employed means my money can be excellent or non existent, and with Covid it's been variable to say the least, so just being cautious I've not filled up every time.  However, I do openly confess to being a snob when it comes to coffee, I hope you'll be with me on that!

We are all different Phil which is what makes us a pluralist society.

If we are all different then there can only be one of us?

If that is the case we are singular not plural!

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

We are all different Phil which is what makes us a pluralist society.

Just now, Spacewagon52 said:

If we are all different then there can only be one of us?

If that is the case we are singular not plural!

You make the mistake of not recognising the difference between the Individual and the Society in which he lives, old friend ?

Phil. When it comes to coffee being a snob is nothing to do with coffee. With coffee it's taste. 

John. So you know spacewagon and you say he's not a snob. He must be a closet snob to come out with that statement which annoyed me.

I know 2 multi millionaires both very successful business owners and if you saw them in the street you'd think nothing of them. No BS from either of them. 

Isn't it strange how a thread starts by someone and it goes haywire lol. Nowt stranger than folk.  🍻 everyone 

34 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Phil. When it comes to coffee being a snob is nothing to do with coffee. With coffee it's taste. 

John. So you know spacewagon and you say he's not a snob. He must be a closet snob to come out with that statement which annoyed me.

I know 2 multi millionaires both very successful business owners and if you saw them in the street you'd think nothing of them. No BS from either of them. 

Isn't it strange how a thread starts by someone and it goes haywire lol. Nowt stranger than folk.  🍻 everyone 

No b/s from either Vlad.  A spade is a spade.

I see my threads bring a certain level of economic clash between members. I am going to experiment with the V Shell Power stuff on a full tank a few times. Lets hope I get 40+mpg. I was getting 42 on the first drive back from Keighley where I got the car from in Jan and that was with Shell but was not sure if it was 99 or normal.

The way I see it. We are up one day and down another. We may just be in the same situation as someone who is partially filling fuel based on economic circumstance. But I am sure @Spacewagon52never meant to be disrespectful. Maybe he should clarify.

Most of the time I have always just partially filled except of course a long journey.

Used to do quite a lot of long journeys over the last 10 years. London to the South West, West Mids. Mazda 3 did quite well but the manual stressed me out over time. Have never really noticed condensation before.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

You make the mistake of not recognising the difference between the Individual and the Society in which he lives, old friend ?

It was meant as a joke John - sorry a poor one!

Pre December I was always doing a full tank but then I lost my job and only put in £30 here and there.  Mainly run 95 octane Sainsbury's as have noticed 0 difference in premium octane fuel or v power. 🤷

But as it stands until I have a decent stable income again I'd rather put a tenner in than have to get rid of my GSF 😅🤐

16 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I apologise unreservedly for upsetting anyone with my comment. It was somewhat insensitive of me to make that comment considering the circumstances many people are living in with COVID. When people face temporary financial hardship, then it does make sense not to spend money on filling a petrol tank.

There is a huge range of incomes and car values on this forum. I consider myself to be in the lower value bracket for owning a Lexus. If you wish to own a premium car on a tight budget, then a Lexus is the obvious choice, as ongoing expenditure will usually be far less than other premium brands. The Lexus forum is usually very good natured and free from Keyboard Warriors. Opinions differ and there is nothing wrong in that. To suggest that I am a snob, when you don’t know me, is a little harsh. I have given my reasons for filling my tank, as others have.

I still stand by my assertion that if someone runs a car that they can’t afford to put petrol in, then they are running a car that they can’t really afford. A relation of mine, many years ago, bought an old Jaguar. He took up running ……… to keep fit? No, it was because he could not afford to take the Jag to work every day! Was he a snob? I don’t know. What I do know was that he was running a car he could not really afford.

I am sure we all know examples of people who own an expensive car or motorbike (usually on PCP) and their wife is struggling to make ends meet. It is about priorities in life, that was the point I was trying to make, but rather poorly – I apologise once again for upsetting anyone. It was not my intention.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

It is about priorities in life

and running a car generally comes way way down the list I'd have thought tbh ................. however, back to filling the tank, yes I do that each time I visit a petrol station ........  it's not the best place I ever wish to be at and the least I can be there the better ...  also it's this thing about handing over my plastic to pay for it ..  yuk ..  hate doing that for anything let alone fuel :wink3:

and with two cars to refill, well, she indoors occasionally pays for her car's fuel but invariably it falls to me ............ do I mind ?  not one jot ....... it's only money and they say us oldies have underspent / over saved, and have in hand to spend after lockdown, some £164 bn to fritter away ............ not all of that is in my bank account tho ' :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links