Ozzay

Full Tank Everytime (Local or Not)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you full tank your car everytime

• YES
    • NO

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

and fireman and firewoman...

come come now, that's sexist and not gender neutral ....  you'll upset many and get into trouble if you ran the country :wink3:

Malc

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Malc said:

come come now, that's sexist and not gender neutral ....  you'll upset many and get into trouble if you ran the country :wink3:

I am just trying to be careful here, because nowadays you don't know who takes offence from what 😁

If you ask me I am fine with having just policeman and fireman (especially considering 99% of fireman are actually man).

What is correct way then? Firefighter? 

Just now, Malc said:

sounds too pugilistic to me ...........  Fire Officer maybe

But if everyone are officers then who actually fights the fire? 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

This is solution for people with more money than sense (or very principal).

Take for example that you have Ferrari, or maybe LC500 which you drive in summer. You can follow the process I described, spend all summer completely legally driving on black and silver number plates, because you prefer them over white/yellow and it makes your car look more special. Service it and put it into storage - repeat next year.

On top of that you would be saving on VAT, on road tax and on insurance - that could be very significant amount of money for some very rare and expensive car (say Bugatti Chiron).

For example if I would have multiple cars and would be very rich - I would do that... because I consider VAT, VED and insurance unfair and I would be happy to avoid paying them. Not sure all in all this would save any money (probably it would), but it would certainly make me feel better knowing that fraudulent UK insurers and tax man got nothing from me.

Certainly not a solution for everyone!

Come now Linas, are you for real 😳 ?  I'm finding this quite bazaar and have no idea where you're getting this idea from because it's absolute nonsense.

You say ... you are a UK resident.  You then have to pay to set up a (Limited) Company in the CI and legitimise it each year with (trading) accounts.  As a Director of this Company you buy a car, registered in the CI, and sell it to the Company so it can then rent it back to you?  Or maybe the Company buys it. 🤨

And you now say that the car is kept permanently in the UK, both in store and on the road ... so even if you could insure it in the CI (which somehow I doubt!) the underwriters would quote you a premium for UK use ... so no saving there then. 😉

You would also then be obliged to declare that the car is actually a permanent import from the CI ... so it then becomes subject to VAT and road tax and UK law regarding number plate regulations ... so no savings there then either. 😔

I just don't get where you're coming from at all! 😲🤔😲

17 minutes ago, Sundance said:

paying for... Company in the CI and legitimise it each year with (trading) accounts.  As a Director of this Company you buy a car, registered in the CI, and sell it to the Company so it can then rent it back to you?  Or maybe the Company buys it. 🤨

And you now say that the car is kept permanently in the UK, both in store and on the road ... so even if you could insure it in the CI (which somehow I doubt!) the underwriters would quote you a premium for UK use ... so no saving there then. 😉

You would also then be obliged to declare that the car is actually a permanent import from the CI (you probably mean UK)

Registering the company is a minor inconvenience, actually can be done for like £200 a year. It is just shell company in principle, CI financial system specifically created for shell companies like that and tax avoidance. 

Getting the car registered on the company and rented out to yourself is just a formality, cost of few postage stamps at most. 

If car is already bought and registered in UK, then VAT is already paid and no savings can be made (there are some mechanisms to recoup some when permanently exporting but not much). If car is new and bought in CI then no VAT paid (it may be 5% in Jersey) and it is all saving.

There is a lot of grey area around how you define where car is kept etc. I am not going to go into details, but that is something potential owner could decide themselves. From perspective of VED car is CI based and used in UK on temporary basis as long as permitted by law.

Car would be insured in CI, most of insurance companies permits use in UK, but insurance is magnitude of times cheaper anyway. UK insurance artificially high and insurance companies actually makes unbelievable profits, but they do not declare them by various tax avoidance loopholes.

I know several exotic car rental companies around Europe which works on similar principle i.e. where car is registered in certain country where insurance and tax are very low, but car actually never drives in that country and spends most time in places like Monaco. This as well could shield owner from any liability when it comes to traffic violations (useful in Switzerland/Finland/Estonia), but again I won't go into details.

You can call it "shady"... yes it definitely is - that is purpose of it. 

And... wait... what we were talking about in this thread... ohh yes I prefer to fill full tank 😁

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Registering the company is a minor inconvenience, actually can be done for like £200 a year. It is just shell company in principle, CI financial system specifically created for shell companies like that and tax avoidance. 

Getting the car registered on the company and rented out to yourself is just a formality, cost of few postage stamps at most. 

etc etc etc ...

As I thought ... it's a complete wind-up and so felonious as to be breathtakingly irreverent and misleading, so much so that you seem to be making it up as you go along. 🙄

You've negated all your so-called theories by admitting that it's not actually 'completely legal driving' whereas you stated the opposite earlier 🤨 .  And if you were ever to make an insurance claim under such circumstances you'd forfeit both the car and probably your livelihood as it would not be entertained and you would likely as not be facing Court proceedings. 😔

Oh, and incidentally ... I drip feed my car, hardly ever brim it. 😀

It seems that from time to time it would actually help if you read the posts, maybe even twice, because at no point I suggested anything illegal, it is fully covered by insurance, but indeed may not be permanent.

At no point you would forfeit the car, livelihood or face court proceedings - those are inventions of your imagination or simply clear lack of understanding what law applies where and how it works. 

.... at least you feed your car - that is good to know 😁

Well of course you don't think that you've suggested anything illegal because you obviously want to believe what you type ... I just worry that others might believe it too! 😲

But hey, time to just agree it's a scam and stop diverting from the thread topic. 😉

37 minutes ago, Sundance said:

But hey, time to just agree it's a scam and stop diverting from the thread topic. 😉

UK residents are allowed to legally drive which are cars rented abroad. Which part of this is scam?

20 hours ago, Sundance said:

Nope, sorry Linas, you've completely lost me 🤨.

You say that as a UK resident you can 'probably' register a Company in the CI, rent out your own car to yourself 😕 and drive it with black/silver plates in the UK ... but not permanently! 😳

Now why on earth would anyone want to do that? 🤔  Makes absolutely no sense to me even if it were possible. 😲

If I'm missing something obvious then do please try and explain ... preferably in as few words as possible so that I can understand.  We're never too old to learn 😉 .

Why was I not invited to this thread???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

UK residents are allowed to legally drive which are cars rented abroad. Which part of this is scam?

Very unlike me ... I've had to read your last post more than once ... but unfortunately I still don't understand it! 😔

I don't think I'm getting through the waters that you're desperately trying to muddle. 🤨

Previously on this thread ...

You say that you can be 'fully covered' by insurance one minute but it 'may not be permanent' the next!  How does that work? 🤔

And you now say it's a CI registered Company car being rented to a Director of the same Company who is a permanent resident of the UK and keeps the car permanently in the UK. Not only will no insurance cover that arrangement (without a false declaration - ie. fraud) but the vehicle will be considered imported and will need to be UK registered and licensed after 6 months. 😉

I think you're trying to wriggle out of a situation that you don't quite understand by creating false diversions rather than simply admitting that you're wrong. 😯  It's a scam.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

UK residents are allowed to legally drive foreign cars in UK if they are rented abroad. Which part of this is scam?

@Sundance - My sentence admittedly lacks sense. Fixed.

Car is insured in the country it is registered in, you don't need UK insurance to drive in UK. If French or Belgian wants to drive their caravan across UK, they don't need UK insurance. Most insurance companies allows to drive abroad, including in UK.

As far as law is concerned the driver Mr. John hires the car from XYZ Limited CI, that is all that matters. That Mr. John is as well director of XYZ Limited CI that is nobodies business. It is not illegal. Funny enough that is the easiest way to pay no Stamp duty on real estate and that is exactly how all of the London Mansions are bought and sold without ever paying stamp duty. As well half of MPs does that with their London homes - sell them to offshore shell company which they own, then rent them from basically themselves and then claim expenses. Immoral it may be, but it is not illegal. 

I never said car can to be permanently kept in UK... Actually opposite - driver will have to prove it is in UK temporarily, but it is not difficult to do e.g. ferry ticker.

The renter cars driving thing is exemption under temporary importation laws. As well it is up to 6 months. 

21 hours ago, Sundance said:

Come now Linas, are you for real 😳 ?  I'm finding this quite bazaar and have no idea where you're getting this idea from because it's absolute nonsense.

You say ... you are a UK resident.  You then have to pay to set up a (Limited) Company in the CI and legitimise it each year with (trading) accounts.  As a Director of this Company you buy a car, registered in the CI, and sell it to the Company so it can then rent it back to you?  Or maybe the Company buys it. 🤨

You would also then be obliged to declare that the car is actually a permanent import from the CI ... so it then becomes subject to VAT and road tax and UK law regarding number plate regulations ... so no savings there then either. 😔

I just don't get where you're coming from at all! 😲🤔😲

Confusion abounds is the bazaar you speak of similar or the same as a souk? Do tell 🤔🤭🤭🤭

38 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I never said car can to be permanently kept in UK... Actually opposite - driver will have to prove it is in UK temporarily, but it is not difficult to do e.g. ferry ticker.

You keep moving the goalposts Linas ... you actually did imply that the car was permanently in the UK ... "spend all summer completely legally driving" and then "service it and put it into storage" (your exact words!).  Or did you mean send it back to the CI for storage ... you just didn't happen to mention that!?! 🙄

Anyway, I can't keep repeating myself ... I'm getting one of my Forum-Fail headaches ... added to which I must be able to find something better to do ... ah yes, War and Peace, that should keep me occupied! 👋

4 minutes ago, Sundance said:

You keep moving the goalposts Linas ... you actually did imply that the car was permanently in the UK ... "spend all summer completely legally driving" and then "service it and put it into storage" (your exact words!).  Or did you mean send it back to the CI for storage ... you just didn't happen to mention that!?! 🙄

Anyway, I can't keep repeating myself ... I'm getting one of my Forum-Fail headaches ... added to which I must be able to find something better to do ... ah yes, War and Peace, that should keep me occupied! 👋

Transmission oil ........................have you thought about that lately ?🤭

47 minutes ago, Sundance said:

you actually did imply that the car was permanently in the UK ... "spend all summer completely legally driving" and then "service it and put it into storage" (your exact words!). 

Where does it say car has to be serviced or stored in UK. Basically you assumed I imply that and then instead of clarifying just gone ahead saying that is what I said.

"Spend all summer driving completely legally" - again exactly right. It is legal to drive up-to 6 months. In UK we are lucky if summer lasts 2 weeks, so 6 months should be plenty.

But the question is - before storing it for 6 month... would you leave full tank or would you leave it empty? 😁

Back on thread again asi dont have a big enough bag of popcorn for the debate going on presently,

i fill mine up twice when i travel up to work and again fill up to brim twice on return

then again i do work 600miles away from where i live 😂 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, mr2lad said:

Back on thread again asi dont have a big enough bag of popcorn for the debate going on presently,

i fill mine up twice when i travel up to work and again fill up to brim twice on return

then again i do work 600miles away from where i live 😂 

Good man Graham !!!!! something Fishy about that journey !

300 miles is quite good in RC-F... I could barely do that in my RC200t.

@nicnac - am sure he moved deliberately to be canyon road away from work, so that RC-F could be fully enjoyed every time.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

@Sundance - My sentence admittedly lacks sense. Fixed.

Car is insured in the country it is registered in, you don't need UK insurance to drive in UK. If French or Belgian wants to drive their caravan across UK, they don't need UK insurance. Most insurance companies allows to drive abroad, including in UK.

As far as law is concerned the driver Mr. John hires the car from XYZ Limited CI, that is all that matters. That Mr. John is as well director of XYZ Limited CI that is nobodies business. It is not illegal. Funny enough that is the easiest way to pay no Stamp duty on real estate and that is exactly how all of the London Mansions are bought and sold without ever paying stamp duty. As well half of MPs does that with their London homes - sell them to offshore shell company which they own, then rent them from basically themselves and then claim expenses. Immoral it may be, but it is not illegal. 

The renter cars driving thing is exemption under temporary importation laws. As well it is up to 6 months. 

UKK is no longer part of EU so I`d check out what you are saying old pal.

23 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

300 miles is quite good in RC-F... I could barely do that in my RC200t.

@nicnac - am sure he moved deliberately to be canyon road away from work, so that RC-F could be fully enjoyed every time.

I’m full when i leave home and used to fill up again at Carlisle but that only left me with 11miles in tank, so now fill up at Lancaster services then when i reach Aberdeen i fill up again prior to parking it up whilst i go to work

usually have about 1/4 of tank when i reach aberdeen

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links