Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bloody Kids

aido

Well what do you know, my neighbours from over the road popped over earlier, turns out some youths were trying to nick my Lex last night from the driveway - luckily they have a panic alarm on their house so set that off and they scarpered.

Don't think anything's damaged as they ran off before they could do any damage..

There were some people trying to nick their Porsche a while back so sounds like they're in our area (Ripley)..

From what I've read the Lex should be pretty safe but is it worth buying any extras from Halfords to keep it that way like wheel locks etc???

Thanks in advance everyone

:tsktsk:

you've got locking wheel nuts already or you should have.

invest in a clifford alarm for proximity sensors and other gadgets, otherwise the lexus alarm is one of the best ;)

P.S I keep my keys under my pillow

i have a sterring lock.... what a right pain that would be to try and remove in someones driveway!!!

Prevenyion is the best theory.. and make sure they are aware how long it would take!

Cheers guys, have got locking wheel nuts for the alloys but nothing on the steering wheel - will pop into Halfords tomorrow provided they don't come back tonight :megaangry:

Will take a look at those Clifford alarms, cheers Raz

The car spares place down from me has some "ground posts" that look pretty easy to fit if you've got a drive.. They drop down when you unlock them so that you can get off the drive but once your lex is on the drive and the post is up they look like a very good deterrent.. ;)

P.S I keep my keys under my pillow

:lol:

Ripley (Derby) is a bit rough.... joke! Are you a Derby fan Aido...... :shifty::offtopic:

A Stop Lock is a good deterant even though they can be broken in minutes. It will keep the kids away. Also, they are a pain in the backside to keep putting on and taking off :o

Ripley (Derby) is a bit rough.... joke! Are you a Derby fan Aido...... :shifty::offtopic:

A Stop Lock is a good deterant even though they can be broken in minutes. It will keep the kids away. Also, they are a pain in the backside to keep putting on and taking off :o

You don't need to joke mate it's dodgy as chuff at the minute, every time I go out it's like watching the WWF wrestling what with all the fighting... Went out at Xmas and one of the lads had something like 8 'incidents' that night - crazy!!

I'm banned from Derby games Ifraz, my mates are 50/50, split Derby / Forest - watched a couple of Alfreton Town games as they're probably doing better ;)

I'll have a wander round Halfords tomorrow, know what you mean about the Stoplok's, my mum had one years ago and in the end it got banished to the shed because they're a pain in the bum! Guess it's worth it in the end...

They've got to be pretty daft if they want to go after the Lex as it's alarmed up to chuff by default - I set it off by accident the other week (popped the bonnet catch then locked the car when walking off - it went mad when I opened the bonnet - nearly shat myself!)

Will see what happens tonight but keeping a close eye on them :ph34r:

I'm banned from Derby games Ifraz, my mates are 50/50, split Derby / Forest - watched a couple of Alfreton Town games as they're probably doing better ;)

Alfreton Town are probably doing better than Derby....but not Forest :P

They've got to be pretty daft if they want to go after the Lex as it's alarmed up to chuff by default

Thing is, it still doesn't stop people (especially kids) from trying to nick it. They give up in the end but only leave after causing damage to your car. :angry:

Thing is, it still doesn't stop people (especially kids) from trying to nick it. They give up in the end but only leave after causing damage to your car. :angry:

Clifford Proximity sensors springs to mind again.

My local motorworld offered to fit the arrow entry alarm and sensors for £300...

And you can always add more goodies, like full closure and remote start etc

Alfreton Town are probably doing better than Derby....but not Forest :P

Sounds about right over the season - that's why I'm banned - every time I went to Derby with my mates they lost so they banned me... The 4-3 defeat at Leeds a few years back when we were winning 3-0 was the final straw for them!

Raz, I'm gonna have a look tonight at the Clifford stuff, wouldn't mind some of the proximity stuff and full closure as that would be quality :) Cheers for the pointers

Raz, to get the proximity sensor fitted, do you need to have a Cliiford alarm fitted first and is this sensor an additional feature?

yes u must have a basic clifford alarm with can take these plug ins.

Its a standard on the dearer models, but a plug in for the entry.

Steveaudio knows a hell of a lot more then me, as he is a certified clifford installer!!!

Aido, just go for the full wack system £1000+ :)

I'm sure we will see a few systems in action at gaydon.

Get a Stoplock Pro, they are good (dont forget to tell your insurer too), Clifford are very good, going to have them fitted to my IS when Stage 3 start....

ok i havementioned this to insurer.. they did not give a monkies as they said " you should take precautions to protect your car anyway"

Get a Stoplock Pro, they are good (dont forget to tell your insurer too), Clifford are very good, going to have them fitted to my IS when Stage 3 start....

ok i havementioned this to insurer.. they did not give a monkies as they said " you should take precautions to protect your car anyway"

I got both Stoplock pro and Clifford on my last car, and the Insurance company give me i think around £50 off.........i suppose its all down to which insurer you have.....

and for Clifford, the Clifford 600 are good enough i think, around £600, that come with most of the feature you need....

Ok - this is not prevention - but I have always fitted tracker on my cars.

I have had Tracker Monitor fitted to both of my Lex's.

the first one was written off in a car crash.

I left the car at the scene to take my partner to hospital (she was OK - just having a bit of trouble breathing from the seat belt) - and whilst we were on the way up there tracker rang me, told me my car was moving, and that from the way the sensors were triggered, they felt it was being loaded on a truck.

This was absolutely true - my car was put on a flat bad truck to carry it away.

This call came in no later than 15 minutes after the car started moving - maximum.

its not the same as the other guys are talking about - but within 15 mins max of my car moving, I knew about it - and had I said the word, the tracker would have been turned on, and the police alerted.

Its a bit more expensive than a steering lock - but similar in price to these top of the range alarms (think I paid £699 for it)

Just another option for you to consider ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links