Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

An Is200 On 131000 Miles!

Right then...

Hi.

I am 100% ready to purchase my first IS200 in the next month once I have shifted my 316i SE E46 Y reg 3 series on 77K miles.

I am prepared to take a gamble on a high mileage example. I am looking at a 131000 mile model. I took the chance on my 2 year old beemer at the time on 72900 and didnt find it a problem.

What will I expect to find to be done on a 131000 mile model, and are they bullet proof? It has full lexus dealer history, but I have been informed it needs a service now if I buy it. What will this cost at the 131000 miles.

I am aware of clutch judder problems and notchy gearboxes after browsing this site, and the final agreement of camblets at 100000 miles.

What else to look out for?

Cheers

Gavin,

You know it is!!! ;)

I have been to look at the car as well. As stated it has them knocks and dents.

It drives mechanically sound, passed its mot yesterday, (sailed through im told-and I believe it, because I had seen it, returned home, picked up the girlfriend and went back to take another look with her in the space of a couple of hours, and I only had to wait another 20 mins for the car to return to the site to show the girlfriend.)

On this example though, I think them miles are too high for me. And I would pay 7.5K max (which is the limit now) Checked www.whatcar.co.uk valuations page, based on 131000 miles

Result from whatcar=

dealer £7232

Private=£6736

PX= £6111

Trade=£5869

Cost new=£20050

I am also considering British Car Auctions at Enfield, or Hampshire way (who had loads on their stocklist), and Milton keynes (nearest to me).

Im gonna let them keep bidding each other up and over the limit of cars value on whatcar valuations on the eBay site

Would it not be cheap at 7.5k? I would have thought that it was worth more. I know it has high miles but it is a 2001 car and its an SE.

the majority of those book values are :tsktsk: usaully based on the lowest specs and you very rarely find to be right (i.e they are too low most of the times) £7.5 is a very good price for that, you will be pushed to be anything better.

And if you go to lex dealer, there is much discount for high mileage.

A lex should last forever as long as its 'looked after'

Would it not be cheap at 7.5k? I would have thought that it was worth more. I know it has high miles but it is a 2001 car and its an SE.

the majority of those book values are :tsktsk: usaully based on the lowest specs and you very rarely find to be right (i.e they are too low most of the times) £7.5 is a very good price for that, you will be pushed to be anything better.

And if you go to lex dealer, there is much discount for high mileage.

A lex should last forever as long as its 'looked after'

When I was looking for mine, I could not understand at all, how the Lexus dealers could sell a 80k+ car for exactly the same price as one at the side of it with 50k on, that's why I ended up driving to Lexus Edinburgh to get my 33k IS.

:blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links