Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

On 3/25/2022 at 8:36 PM, Bluemarlin said:

Not at all Eric, I think it's perfectly sensible to question these things without being seen as a tin foil hat wearer, they're entirely valid questions. It's the subsequent assumptions of some kind of nefarious global conspiracy that sees the tin foil hat card being waved.

Equally questioning the use of fosssil fuels to manufacture EV's is perfectly valid. Personally I don't see an immediate environmental advantage. That said, I do see the reasoning behind attempting to shift from reliance on fossil fuels, but accept that any such move cant be immediate, and that the transition itself may not be the most efficient.

The reasons for doing so may be many and varied, from environmental concerns, to political and economic dependencies, or simply long term sustainability. Either way, it doesn't automatically mean that the alternative is simply to screw over the people.

Government's screw up people, politicians are sleaze bags - always have been. If you think they are on your side, well ok. 

3 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Have a look at jobs and top salaries in 2040 – its all-digital and AI – manual labour type jobs are finished – shop assistants, taxi drivers, all that is finished and now the steps are made for this future we have ahead – even stamps are going digital.

And those jobs will simply be replaced by others. People are always moaning about technology taking away jobs, when it can often do the opposite.

Almost 40 years ago we saw the introduction of mobile phones. Conspiracy theorists then said we'd all die of brain cancer. Instead we have an industry that globally employs millions, in jobs that people wouldn't have imagined in 1980.

Digital is good. I can transfer money in a second, rather than having to go to a bank to pay in a cheque. I can do postage online instead of having to queue for stamps. AI is awesome, I can use Google Maps or Waze to guide me door to door to an obscure address in the French countryside, rather than faff about with paper maps.

The world moves on, as it always has, and you can choose to either fear it or embrace it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Government's screw up people, politicians are sleaze bags - always have been. If you think they are on your side, well ok. 

I don't believe I said they're on my side. Those in power have always acted in their own best interests, since the beginning of time. That will likely never change.

However, people are largely better off than they were 100 years ago, who were better off than those 100 years before. Sure, political leaders make decisions that might not always be as well intentioned as they claim, but they are scrutinised and held to account far more than they've ever been in history. Ironically that's largely due to the media and  technology that you seem to despise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Those in power have always acted in their own best interests, since the beginning of time. That will likely never change.

BUT not everybody in power acts that way .:wink3:

Malc

• Like 3

10 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

People like you listen to all the biased government and news feeds from CNN, MSN and the BBC. 

You probably are waiting for the 6th booster to cure covid right? I had covid 2 weeks ago and was sick for around a week, pretty much the same as the flu when I was sick in 2019 (If I took a PCR test back then my guess it it would have 2 lines also) - my triple jabbed wife got covid and was far far worse off then me, 40 years old perfect health and she has been weird since truth be told. 

People like you never ask Boris how many are dead from vaccines - because the answer is zero right, the BBC says so.

Bill Gates is rinsing in wealth due to gullible people like you. 

Hang on, my tin foil hat is loose.

Hello again Eric. I’m obliged to you for replying to my last post of three weeks ago, but I wonder if you have the right poster? I was enquiring as to how you reconciled your opinion that Bill Gates controlled the media, with your acceptance of The Guardian as an authoritative source - having been informed that The Guardian was delighted to have been in a decade-long relationship with Gates.

You are, of course, under no obligation to answer – and I see that you haven’t.

Instead, you appear to prefer to ascribe to me opinions that I have not expressed and make science-related statements without the benefit of science-based evidence. But while I await the possibility of a response to what is, admittedly, purely idle curiosity, I’ll just comment on what appear to be a couple of points of concern to you.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">People like you listen to all the biased government and news feeds from CNN, MSN and the BBC. 

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">Hard to say, as I don’t really know many people like me! But I can confirm that I don’t listen to/watch CNN, and I have not knowingly interacted with MSN – as I don’t know what it is. I do indeed watch the BBC, primarily because they still insist on pocketing part of my pension in order to bring me such programmes as the one on BBC1 this Friday at 6.30!

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">You probably are waiting for the 6th booster to cure covid right?

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">I’d be very foolish to do that, Eric. I think you have fallen foul of a common misunderstanding about vaccines and conflated them with ‘cures’. Vaccines are used to prevent infections. It’s antibiotics that provide cures.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">People like you never ask Boris how many are dead from vaccines…

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">And rightly so. I would probably ask a virologist.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

What a totally absurd statement seems like you are trying to troll reactions?

Here are some more for potential use down the line;

Managing directors of car companies are mass murderers destroying the planet they should be put in prison.

Cycle lanes and low emission zones are crazy ideas will never work other than putting people into sheep

Climate change is just an idea look at Fox News!

Scotty Kilmer is The Only One telling The Truth, you just have to recognize it.

People buying an electric vehicle should be put in labour camps.

Millionaires and especially Billionaires are always stealing from the rest of society their wealth should be confiscated.

Democracy does not work as Government screws up people etc etc, we need a different system

The clothing industry is a disgrace for the environment we all should wear thesame ( blue ) suits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Managing directors of car companies are mass murderers destroying the planet they should be put in prison.

Cycle lanes and low emission zones are crazy ideas will never work other than putting people into sheep

Millionaires and especially Billionaires are always stealing from the rest of society their wealth should be confiscated.

Democracy does not work as Government screws up people etc etc, we need a different system

The clothing industry is a disgrace for the environment we all should wear thesame ( blue ) suits.

Well,you can’t argue with facts like that.  😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Did you forget that owners of tobacco companies and liquor distilleries are in the bad peoples group?

Anyway! Fuel panic is now down to the price of the drops. Here now 2 weeks with same price so we better get used to it. China is locked down and hardly using as much as usual and with the prices people are maybe riding their bikes and horse so they also not use gasoline. When is the price going down, when fewer are buying fuel?

19 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Those in power have always acted in their own best interests, since the beginning of time. That will likely never change.

Only those in power. I do not know anybody that not primarily will take care of their own interests. It is only real bad when they hurt other people and then they risk like what happened with many dictators.

Does this have much to do with "Fuel panic"?

13 hours ago, LenT said:

Hello again Eric. I’m obliged to you for replying to my last post of three weeks ago, but I wonder if you have the right poster? I was enquiring as to how you reconciled your opinion that Bill Gates controlled the media, with your acceptance of The Guardian as an authoritative source - having been informed that The Guardian was delighted to have been in a decade-long relationship with Gates.

You are, of course, under no obligation to answer – and I see that you haven’t.

Instead, you appear to prefer to ascribe to me opinions that I have not expressed and make science-related statements without the benefit of science-based evidence. But while I await the possibility of a response to what is, admittedly, purely idle curiosity, I’ll just comment on what appear to be a couple of points of concern to you.

People like you listen to all the biased government and news feeds from CNN, MSN and the BBC. 

Hard to say, as I don’t really know many people like me! But I can confirm that I don’t listen to/watch CNN, and I have not knowingly interacted with MSN – as I don’t know what it is. I do indeed watch the BBC, primarily because they still insist on pocketing part of my pension in order to bring me such programmes as the one on BBC1 this Friday at 6.30!

You probably are waiting for the 6th booster to cure covid right?

I’d be very foolish to do that, Eric. I think you have fallen foul of a common misunderstanding about vaccines and conflated them with ‘cures’. Vaccines are used to prevent infections. It’s antibiotics that provide cures.

People like you never ask Boris how many are dead from vaccines…

And rightly so. I would probably ask a virologist.  🙂

I haven’t answered as you clearly are too clever for me and are on the side of the Government here, besides some people have actual day jobs - remember when Boris had these hands face space meetings occurring before he was getting bladded in weekend parties? right, excellent - do you recall anyone asking how many have had adverse reacting to these experimental drugs? dead?

Neither do I -- did you even raise the question or just gladly roll up your sleeve for the 5 or 6 jabs and happy days? protected against covid for a few more months
 - here are the new symptoms from the BBC, no doubt backed up by leading virologists of the world

shortness of breath

feeling tired or exhausted

aching body

headache

sore throat

blocked or runny nose

loss of appetite

diarrhoea

feeling sick or being sick.......

Anything basically is covid, how excellent.

The BBC are rogues, somehow I wonder if you are a Tory also as it could explain things.  They knew about Jimmy Saville way way back but kept quiet, why? he was a money spinner for the organisation, Ian Trethowan was also a Tory.. join the dots - just like now they are raking in money from Pfizer and Gates to keep the covid franchise going.

These are some of the ADRs from COVID vaccines, a year old - I guess you will dismiss this as coming from my mates down the boozer - there is a reason people have been dropping like flies and getting brain bleeds - My mom has been unable to talk since she got her mandatory vaccine to keep her safe from covid.

Does Bill Gates care? not as long as his bank account is expoentially increasing at a rate of knots

PdYZwFH.jpg

People it seems are just too dumb now to question anything that is going on, which is why the world is in such a mess

20 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

And those jobs will simply be replaced by others. People are always moaning about technology taking away jobs, when it can often do the opposite.

Almost 40 years ago we saw the introduction of mobile phones. Conspiracy theorists then said we'd all die of brain cancer. Instead we have an industry that globally employs millions, in jobs that people wouldn't have imagined in 1980.

Digital is good. I can transfer money in a second, rather than having to go to a bank to pay in a cheque. I can do postage online instead of having to queue for stamps. AI is awesome, I can use Google Maps or Waze to guide me door to door to an obscure address in the French countryside, rather than faff about with paper maps.

The world moves on, as it always has, and you can choose to either fear it or embrace it.

You are talking google maps and technology which is one thing, my new LG OLED TV is fantastic and tech is amazing but you are missing the point when it comes to cars - unless you want to be a sheep it’s certainly not good at all - in 2030 you won’t be driving a car, Governments will have more control of the vehicle than you will.

I suggest you bookmark this and call back - like I said Governments are not telling you information they do not want you to know, now that would ruin things wouldn’t it

BTW - I never was of the opinion that mobile phones gave cancer, I also think Elvis is dead while we are at it and I dont have tin foil in my attic to protect me from the 5G mast 40 miles away.

13 hours ago, LenT said:

You probably are waiting for the 6th booster to cure covid right?

I’d be very foolish to do that, Eric. I think you have fallen foul of a common misunderstanding about vaccines and conflated them with ‘cures’. Vaccines are used to prevent infections. It’s antibiotics that provide cures.

You could be forgiven for thinking some people think its a cure.

[Colorado Gov. Jared Polis] “This is the Pfizer vaccine, arriving here in Colorado, to end the pandemic!” he exclaims as the door opens slowly, awkwardly revealing a delivery man who perhaps wasn’t aware he’d been chosen to save mankind—or at least Coloradans.

10 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Does this have much to do with "Fuel panic"?

hahahahaha .........  does it matter if it doesn't :whistling:

10 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

people are maybe riding their bikes and horse

" new " best occupation will be as a Blacksmith methinks

10 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

of reading some of the crap and whatever emerging from this Forum Post Article 

Cest le Vie everyone ...... 

lets get back to Fuel Panic please ..............  I was thinking in olden times the horse poo was good for the gardens ...  my dad always said so running outside into the road to scoop up the rag and bone man's horse droppings for his prize roses  ( back in the 1950's in south London to-boot )   ...... AND we always had a posh car too :thumbsup:

Malc

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

hahahahaha .........  does it matter if it doesn't :whistling:

" new " best occupation will be as a Blacksmith methinks

of reading some of the crap and whatever emerging from this Forum Post Article 

Cest le Vie everyone ...... 

lets get back to Fuel Panic please ..............  I was thinking in olden times the horse poo was good for the gardens ...  my dad always said so running outside into the road to scoop up the rag and bone man's horse droppings for his prize roses  ( back in the 1950's in south London to-boot )   ...... AND we always had a posh car too :thumbsup:

Malc

Steady on malc, using such coarse language isn't like you 🤔. Speaking French I mean of course 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malc said:

lets get back to Fuel Panic please ..............

Oh, very well!!

42 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

I was thinking in olden times the horse poo was good for the gardens ...  my dad always said so running outside into the road to scoop up the rag and bone man's horse droppings for his prize roses  ( back in the 1950's in south London to-boot )   ......

At about the same time, my Dad had developed a similar relationship with the backside of our Milkman's horse in Tottenham.  

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

AND we always had a posh car too 

There we part company!  The only family car I knew was a London taxi of about early 50's vintage, with a convertible section at the rear, an open luggage compartment at the front on the passenger side and a bulb horn squeezed by the driver.  Possibly a cross between an Austin FX2 and FX3.  And probably  a valuable museum piece now!

On the fuel matter, I had a CH Oil delivery last week for a record 98.4 ppl.  However, that was an improvement on the 103.73 ppl quoted a week earlier.  So moving in the right direction.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

I haven’t answered as you clearly are too clever for me and are on the side of the Government here, besides some people have actual day jobs - remember when Boris had these hands face space meetings occurring before he was getting bladded in weekend parties? right, excellent - do you recall anyone asking how many have had adverse reacting to these experimental drugs? dead?

Neither do I -- did you even raise the question or just gladly roll up your sleeve for the 5 or 6 jabs and happy days? protected against covid for a few more months
 - here are the new symptoms from the BBC, no doubt backed up by leading virologists of the world

shortness of breath

feeling tired or exhausted

aching body

headache

sore throat

blocked or runny nose

loss of appetite

diarrhoea

Anything basically is covid, how excellent.

The BBC are rogues, somehow I wonder if you are a Tory also as it could explain things.  They knew about Jimmy Saville way way back but kept quiet, why? he was a money spinner for the organisation, Ian Trethowan was also a Tory.. join the dots - just like now they are raking in money from Pfizer and Gates to keep the covid franchise going.

These are some of the ADRs from COVID vaccines, a year old - I guess you will dismiss this as coming from my mates down the boozer - there is a reason people have been dropping like flies and getting brain bleeds - My mom has been unable to talk since she got her mandatory vaccine to keep her safe from covid.

Does Bill Gates care? not as long as his bank account is expoentially increasing at a rate of knots

PdYZwFH.jpg

People it seems are just too dumb now to question anything that is going on, which is why the world is in such a mess

Once again Eric, I appreciate the response to my post - even if you have, for the third time, spurned the opportunity to reconcile your distaste of Bill Gates with the contradictory reality that his support is enthusiastically welcomed by The Guardian - a source that you happily quote.   If it's any help, I suggest it's an example of Cognitive Dissonance.

14 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Not too sure how the execrable Saville comes into your argument, but if you're interested in ADRs then it may be helpful to consider a more up-to-date report. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

This is the record for last week.  It's important to note the second sentence:

Vaccination is the single most effective way to reduce deaths and severe illness from COVID-19.

All medicines and medical interventions have potential side effects.  In the vast majority of instances, they are comprehensively outweighed by the benefits.  The list you provide are common, for example, to most coronaviruses; so patients with some types of the common cold, pneumonia, bronchitis and many others, will also present with them.

It may be useful to understand that Covid-19 is merely the latest evolution of a virus that has been traced back to 8000BC.  In the same way that some people are born with a genetic disorder, so others will react adversely to a medical intervention.  But however distressing that is on a individual level, it is not indicative of the reaction of the Species.

Trying to extrapolate from the individual to the generic is rarely a satisfactory process.

59 minutes ago, LenT said:

The only family car I knew was a London taxi of about early 50's vintage

my dad was a chauffeur for a family and famous, courageous brewery based in south London .........  always a new modern car and often parked on the road at home ......  I even learnt to drive a little on one of 'em when I was 17 ...... Wolseley 6/110 ...  3 ltr straight 6 ....  lovely car ....  that's my favourite one he had .  there were plenty of others at the time .....  all the directors had chauffeur driven " limos " back in them halcyon days ...  Rovers, Vauxhall Crestas I remember .......  and the last the modern crab shaped Austin 3 ltr which had a very short lifespan with the brewery ..  think the gearboxes frequently failed .  summat like that anyway .....

French again .........  Cest le Vie

and back to Fuel Panics please ............. no shortages in them there days methinks  ...  but when was the Suez crisis ?

Malc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

You could be forgiven for thinking some people think its a cure.

[Colorado Gov. Jared Polis] “This is the Pfizer vaccine, arriving here in Colorado, to end the pandemic!” he exclaims as the door opens slowly, awkwardly revealing a delivery man who perhaps wasn’t aware he’d been chosen to save mankind—or at least Coloradans.

Well I had to look up Jared Polis and I'm not sure why you chose him to illustrate some point about Covid.  I note that you have him exclaiming 'the end of the pandemic' and not the cure for it. But if I accept that your quote, as far as it goes, is accurate, then he is correct - if not a trifle optimistic.

Sadly, that has only been achieved in one instance.  The last case of smallpox was diagnosed in 1977 and the WHO declared it eradicated in 1980.  And the prime reason for that was the vaccination process developed by Edward Jenner in 1796 by means of an experiment on a young boy that would today have landed him in jail!

It's because of the gradual elimination of smallpox that it is no longer appreciated as the killer it was.  Arguably, it was the single greatest natural cause of human death in the history of the species.  Similarly, the transformation in the knowledge of the virus, and the processes by which it can be controlled, may well prove to be the greatest medical advance of this century.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LenT said:

Once again Eric, I appreciate the response to my post - even if you have, for the third time, spurned the opportunity to reconcile your distaste of Bill Gates with the contradictory reality that his support is enthusiastically welcomed by The Guardian - a source that you happily quote.   If it's any help, I suggest it's an example of Cognitive Dissonance.

Not too sure how the execrable Saville comes into your argument, but if you're interested in ADRs then it may be helpful to consider a more up-to-date report. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

This is the record for last week.  It's important to note the second sentence:

Vaccination is the single most effective way to reduce deaths and severe illness from COVID-19.

All medicines and medical interventions have potential side effects.  In the vast majority of instances, they are comprehensively outweighed by the benefits.  The list you provide are common, for example, to most coronaviruses; so patients with some types of the common cold, pneumonia, bronchitis and many others, will also present with them.

It may be useful to understand that Covid-19 is merely the latest evolution of a virus that has been traced back to 8000BC.  In the same way that some people are born with a genetic disorder, so others will react adversely to a medical intervention.  But however distressing that is on a individual level, it is not indicative of the reaction of the Species.

Trying to extrapolate from the individual to the generic is rarely a satisfactory process.

Not quite 8000 BC but Aristotle, when speaking of logical fallacies devised the syllogism which enables the most simple of minds to understand arguing from the particular to the general is a no-no 😎

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

no need ever again to panic about running out of EV juice ....... .  reading Norway and the Nio and other marques where the solution is EVs with replaceable fully charged batteries . just pop in to your local re-filling station, for the Nio, and they swap over the Battery in a jiffy .  well, a few minutes ......  no need for a charging poinnt at home or work, nor worrying about distances it seems

Anyone else read this stuff ?

Malc

Yes, very interesting. Nio has been doing that fo some time in China and has launched the system in Norway recently. Apparently they will roll it out in other countries when they launch their models. For those that dont know NIO just go to www.nio.com Also Mercedes is starting a Battery recycling factory where the recycled parts will be used for new batteries.

Its going fast now

13 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Its going fast now

this seems to me much better and reliable EV refilling juice technology .............. I live in a sort of a semi detached cottage with zero parking space nor ability to run a charging cable to a conventional EV for re-charging ...........  and most of my neighbours are in terraced type houses with zero off-street parking .......  even the two neighbours with Bentleys ......

this simple replacing run-off, run out of juice batteries will appeal to many more who want to ditch petrol and diesel I'm sure .....

NOT me tho',      I'm happy with my ancient  4ltr V8 limo :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Malc said:

this seems to me much better and reliable EV refilling juice technology .............. I live in a sort of a semi detached cottage with zero parking space nor ability to run a charging cable to a conventional EV for re-charging ...........  and most of my neighbours are in terraced type houses with zero off-street parking .......  even the two neighbours with Bentleys ......

this simple replacing run-off, run out of juice batteries will appeal to many more who want to ditch petrol and diesel I'm sure .....

NOT me tho',      I'm happy with my ancient  4ltr V8 limo :thumbsup:

Malc

It will suit many who have no access to a home charger, for us though the real beauty of an EV is never having to go to a petrol/fuel station again, and always having the car full every morning.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What are you lot prattling on about .....?!? 🙃

Back on topic ...

£2.00 per litre for Esso Supreme (E5) has arrived at the leafy East Surrey Downs! 🙄

I think that's around £7.53 per gallon in old money. 🤭

£10.00 a gallon anytime soon ? ... 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links