Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automatic Steering Column Adjustment not working?

Hi,

I've just test drove a IS250 SE-L that has an automatic Steering column. I could go up and down but unable to bringing closer or further despite making a click noise. Have tried to Google everywhere but unable to find an answer. I'm assuming this car's steering wheel can be move front and backwards not just up and down correct? If that's the case, do you know if this could be an easy fix?

Thank you

Yes indeed the steering wheel does go in and out in the SE-L. If the car you've seen has a problem doing that then the seller needs to fix the issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

no idea about your model BUT in the Ls430 forum there's plenty of advice ..  depends on age of car / model

can be a simple washer on the early Ls400s to many £'00s for the parts to fix on later models

some 2nd hand parts availability or from a breaker maybe ?  BUT as above, it should be a problem for the seller to sort out before purchase unless you're happy to do it yourself etc

Good luck

Malc

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Yes indeed the steering wheel does go in and out in the SE-L. If the car you've seen has a problem doing that then the seller needs to fix the issue. 

That was my thought, thanks for confirming! 

3 hours ago, Malc said:

no idea about your model BUT in the Ls430 forum there's plenty of advice ..  depends on age of car / model

can be a simple washer on the early Ls400s to many £'00s for the parts to fix on later models

some 2nd hand parts availability or from a breaker maybe ?  BUT as above, it should be a problem for the seller to sort out before purchase unless you're happy to do it yourself etc

Good luck

Malc

That's why I was confused as I couldn't find anything for IS250 but loads for LS, I will take a look there and see if I can solve it! Thank you

Does it go in and when you start/stop the car, or can you hear the same clicking?

Either way, looking at the first few seconds of this clip suggests a fix would not be cheap if it is the gearwheels at 15-18 seconds into the vid.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links