Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

Today I had a call from Lexus to give a feedback regarding the overall experience with the dealership. The word I would say is appalling. The main factor is lack of communication and professionalism. Given the salesperson advice not to give a feedback which is just not right. Most of my rating were below 5 from purchasing till handover. Expected more from a dealership that has won dealership of the year. 

3 hours ago, Bish1402 said:

Almost 2 weeks transfer to Derby?  Seems excessive, hope mine doesn't take that long. 

Think its on Viking Adventurer, do ks 29th, got France road trip 28th August, hoping to get it by then but have tow bar, side steps, protection pack all to be added once it gets here.... Will be tight i thnk.... 

My dealer told me that the protection pack was factory fitted; so, hopefully, that's one off the list. Tow bars are still not being listed as an option; have you had confirmation that one is available? They would normally be fitted at Derby but I recall one contributer saying his dealer was going to fit his. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, the 29th is a Friday but hopefully it being the start of the weekend won't slow things down.

4 hours ago, Bish1402 said:

Almost 2 weeks transfer to Derby?  Seems excessive, hope mine doesn't take that long. 

I think most of that time is related to the app finally catching up with events. Strange that the location changed after downloading the latest version released 2 days ago.

TBH I don’t particularly want it before 1st Aug hence why I’m not chasing.

Thought I was part of the Viking Adventurer crew, but got an email at midday saying the car is now in transit to my Lexus centre, so no idea what ship it came in on?!?

Gonna get some accessories fitted and will need to get my reg transferred over, so interested to see when the dealer reaches out to me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Caspa said:

Thought I was part of the Viking Adventurer crew, but got an email at midday saying the car is now in transit to my Lexus centre, so no idea what ship it came in on?!?

Gonna get some accessories fitted and will need to get my reg transferred over, so interested to see when the dealer reaches out to me.

I hope that is a pleasant surprise for you 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Caspa said:

Oh wow, maybe me too! Checking now 🙂

Yes yes yes

Hi James,

"

I have just checked the system and I can confirm that your vehicle is now at the Lexus Depot in the UK. It is currently being completed to UK Specification and once fit it shall be delivered to our PDI Centre.

Hopefully it won’t be long now!!

• Like 4

On 7/19/2022 at 8:24 PM, Harrier Man said:

My dealer told me that the protection pack was factory fitted; so, hopefully, that's one off the list. Tow bars are still not being listed as an option; have you had confirmation that one is available? They would normally be fitted at Derby but I recall one contributer saying his dealer was going to fit his. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, the 29th is a Friday but hopefully it being the start of the weekend won't slow things down.

Interesting, my dealer told me that both protection pack and tow bar were fitted at Derby but they would deliver with one or both missing for later fitment at dealership. As it happened the car came with both fitted. Only thing I had fitted at the dealership was front and rear dashcams - both for £375, which I thought was good value. I recall him saying there were supply issues with the mud flaps at the time but they would take the car and fit them later if required.

Had a NX 350H courtesy car a few days ago while my car (IS 300h) was in for a service and was very impressed. IMHO much better than the older NX 300h which just didn't "do it" for me - drives and rides better and that bit more power makes a big difference for me. Just asked about what delivery times are like if I ordered a new one and was told around 12 months, so still no improvement over what others seem to be experiencing in this thread... As we will be going through a "life change" soon - moving towards retirement and to a more country location over the next 12'ish months - the NX 350h could be a good replacement for my current IS 300h. Difficult decision whether I start the buying process soon or leave it until we are more sorted given those delivery times...!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, carboncopy said:

Interesting, my dealer told me that both protection pack and tow bar were fitted at Derby but they would deliver with one or both missing for later fitment at dealership. As it happened the car came with both fitted. Only thing I had fitted at the dealership was front and rear dashcams - both for £375, which I thought was good value. I recall him saying there were supply issues with the mud flaps at the time but they would take the car and fit them later if required.

Definitely interesting. I admit that I was surprised that the Protection Pack would be fitted in the factory; the information you received would seem more logical.

I opted to fit the dash cam myself (when the car arrives) but admit to some trepidation over my decision. Do you know what fuse they took the power from?

16 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Definitely interesting. I admit that I was surprised that the Protection Pack would be fitted in the factory; the information you received would seem more logical.

I opted to fit the dash cam myself (when the car arrives) but admit to some trepidation over my decision. Do you know what fuse they took the power from?

I don't to be honest Malcolm, which ever it was they have to leave the cover off to fit the piggy back connector. Made an awesome job of the fitting, looks part of the car. I dare not tackle it to be honest and I think the next base system costs that just to buy. I think they use two fuses, one permanent live and one switched - tells the cameras when you are parked to change mode.

Was at Derby Lexus yesterday and they confirmed my car is on the Viking Adventure and should be with them on the 19th of August, think I’ll just wait and get it registered for the 1st September. Interestingly they had a brand new 450+ F-Sport, the same  as I’ve ordered in white with black interior sat in the showroom for sale!

No 7 month wait. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carboncopy said:

Dealer certainly fitted my protection pack as I called in to view the car immediately after it was unloaded from the transporter and it was minus the pack at that stage.

Dealer called today to inform me that our NX450h is expected to be received by them on Tuesday next week 😃.

Overall delay from estimate when ordering will be 6-7 weeks😉

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Dealer called today to inform me that our NX450h is expected to be received by them on Tuesday next week 😃.

Overall delay from estimate when ordering will be 6-7 weeks😉

How many days is that from arriving Derby center to delivery? 

2 hours ago, Bish1402 said:

They said they can turn them around in 48 hours, excluding weekends. 

2 hours ago, Bish1402 said:

TBH I don’t know when it arrived in Derby, the Lexus app and the MyLexus website are only consistent in their inconsistency 🙄

The message “your NX is now on its way to the Lexus centre” (which I assume meant Derby) was received on 5th June.

10 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Had a NX 350H courtesy car a few days ago while my car (IS 300h) was in for a service and was very impressed. IMHO much better than the older NX 300h which just didn't "do it" for me - drives and rides better and that bit more power makes a big difference for me. Just asked about what delivery times are like if I ordered a new one and was told around 12 months, so still no improvement over what others seem to be experiencing in this thread... As we will be going through a "life change" soon - moving towards retirement and to a more country location over the next 12'ish months - the NX 350h could be a good replacement for my current IS 300h. Difficult decision whether I start the buying process soon or leave it until we are more sorted given those delivery times...!

Ordered a 350h a couple of weeks ago after a test drive where I was also impressed. Was also given a 12 month estimated delivery time. I was ok with this as not unexpected and have just serviced and retyred my existing car. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

TBH I don’t know when it arrived in Derby, the Lexus app and the MyLexus website are only consistent in their inconsistency 🙄

The message “your NX is now on its way to the Lexus centre” (which I assume meant Derby) was received on 5th June.

Wow, so nearly 8 weeks at Derby, bloody hell that's longer than I thought /hoped 

41 minutes ago, Bish1402 said:

Wow, so nearly 8 weeks at Derby, bloody hell that's longer than I thought /hoped 

Sorry James, got my months mixed up, 5th June should read 7th July, 5th June was notification of build complete 🙄

one thing I have learnt over the past few weeks is how inconsistent Lexus Link app is at updating events. The MyLexus site has been better but message updates disappear quickly and even the MyLexus site sometimes hasn’t been up to date with the messages received.

However, both now state “your NX is on its way to Lexus Ipswich” & dealer confirms expected delivery to them on Tues so  🤞 

edit: scrap that last para re app etc, both showed the above this morning, MyLexus site now shows “in transit to Lexus centre” (Derby) and the red line has gone back to black. Lexus really do need to sort out their order tracker & app.

Main thing is dealer confirms it’s on its way to them so as I say “🤞

1 hour ago, Clinkers said:

Ordered a 350h a couple of weeks ago after a test drive where I was also impressed. Was also given a 12 month estimated delivery time. I was ok with this as not unexpected and have just serviced and retyred my existing car. 

Just done the same myself - 4x new tyres and a 120k mile service so no rush at the moment 

Was at the dealership today. Brand new 1x Nx450H Fsport and 1x NX450H Takumi both sat at the showroom for sale. Price £60 grand +. No 350H anywhere to be seen. 

The bubble will soon burst as Mazda release CX60 plug in hybrid with toof the range Takumi (fully specced) at below £50 grand. 500 vehicles hitting UK showroom September 2022.

16 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Was at the dealership today. Brand new 1x Nx450H Fsport and 1x NX450H Takumi both sat at the showroom for sale. Price £60 grand +. No 350H anywhere to be seen. 

The bubble will soon burst as Mazda release CX60 plug in hybrid with toof the range Takumi (fully specced) at below £50 grand. 500 vehicles hitting UK showroom September 2022.

Given the chip shortages I guess focusing on the higher spec / higher price cars with the greatest profitability makes sense from the manufacturers point of view but for my personal use the additional cost of the 450h over a 350h just doesn't add up unfortunately. 

25 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Given the chip shortages I guess focusing on the higher spec / higher price cars with the greatest profitability makes sense from the manufacturers point of view but for my personal use the additional cost of the 450h over a 350h just doesn't add up unfortunately. 

Well, as the dealer said, 450H is not more profitable than 350H. It is all about avoiding green tax for lexus. Dealers are not getting any more money. For the dealer, they can shift more 350H than 450H. Turnover is where the gains lie for the dealer not high spec or price.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links