Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

I wonder if one should welcome some delay. Truss promised to reduce VAT by 5%, that's a good 2.5-3K savings

Might offset a month's energy payments then 🙄

I wonder why the rear wiper was not hidden whilst parked as on my RX thereby tidying up the year and as Lexus say being a superior action. Maybe to do with shape of high spoiler.  In any case, at least you get one which seems to be omitted on some SUV/Crossovers cars nowadays.

5 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

I wonder why the rear wiper was not hidden whilst parked as on my RX thereby tidying up the year and as Lexus say being a superior action. Maybe to do with shape of high spoiler.  In any case, at least you get one which seems to be omitted on some SUV/Crossovers cars nowadays.

I wondered that as well, but after looking more closely 2 things are apparent. The spoiler s not as pronounced as on the RX and the roofline slopes towards the rear window more than the RX, so I don’t think that there would be room to hide the wiper underneath.

I also wonder why Lexus have not put the hard backs on the front seats like the RX (the backs of the front seats on the NX are just a flimsy covering) and why did they go away from those fold out front door pockets. The NX is an expensive car but there is evidence of cost cutting measures when you start to look more closely.

The NX is still very nice though and I guess I need to take the wife’s advice of “stop keep comparing it the the RX & just let’s enjoy it and it’s positives over the RX”

I liked the the new NX I had as a loan car for the day while my RX was being serviced about 3 years ago and really it would do all I need with the small mileage I cover these days since full retirement.  However, when I got back into the RX, although it felt more bargelike in handling, it felt more comfortable, spacious and just a bit more upmarket which is great for the occasional long journeys I make.  I decided that this made the difference in running cost of my RX against the NX worthwhile.  But this was buying used.  If buying new, I don't know that I could justify the price difference.

I did think in about 3 or 4 years from now might look at a full BEV but I doubt the new RZ matches up to the NX, so will look at the revised NX in due course.  I read that if you needed to charge a BEV a couple of times en route, it could be more expensive with current electric tariffs than in a petrol model for the journey. (This could change in due course but gives thought for consideration as to the advantage of paying a greater initial price of a BEV being worth it.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/electric-cars-will-be-more-expensive-to-run-than-petrol/ar-AA119EGf?li=BBoPJKU&getstaticpage=true&automatedTracking=staticview&index=1

I am really glad I don't have to make a decision on this for 3 or4 years.

Yes. Latest jump in energy prices makes EV's more expensive to run than their comparable ICE models which makes the switch economically nonsensical. 

After just a 7 month wait, mines being delivered tomorrow morning . Nice to see they are getting it fully charged before delivery  

Don’t you just love New Car Day. Like a kid on Christmas Eve 😁

7E635317-6AB8-4984-B852-ED99C0958A96.jpeg

• Like 8

On 8/29/2022 at 9:08 AM, Ken R said:

Yes. Latest jump in energy prices makes EV's more expensive to run than their comparable ICE models which makes the switch economically nonsensical. 

Good point but I think it depends heavily on how you use them. For my requirements I believe PHEV is the best option. I just wish it was delivery time. Being patient is difficult. 

I had originally ordered a NX350h F-Sport but as the delays just got longer and longer I ended up buying the 450h+ demonstrator from my dealer.  Speaking with the dealer they have suggested that Lexus are prioritising 450h+ build and delivery as it is their premium product and 1st PHEV so they want to see more of those in the market before bringing 350h's in too.  Whilst it now doesn't impact me, if I was waiting on the 350h as before and found this out I'd be pretty peeved.  Keep the faith though, they are truly fabulous cars and well worth the wait.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:09 PM, ABitterman said:

After just a 7 month wait, mines being delivered tomorrow morning . Nice to see they are getting it fully charged before delivery  

Don’t you just love New Car Day. Like a kid on Christmas Eve 😁

7E635317-6AB8-4984-B852-ED99C0958A96.jpeg

I have same car in same colour but the red interior.  You are going to love it!  Easily the best car I've ever owned.  Hope you enjoy.

6 hours ago, Marc Jolly said:

I have same car in same colour but the red interior.  You are going to love it!  Easily the best car I've ever owned.  Hope you enjoy.

Marc,

was going for the red interior but thought it might be too bright. Wish I’d been braver. Can I ask if these marks on the drivers handle are part of the manual key opening or damage?

Enjoying the car even if so do keep trying to start it with the right hand temp control 😂19087E82-53BC-40A5-9862-814E62C37584.thumb.jpeg.838d399fef26ece61a3394a1da3b6fb6.jpeg

44 minutes ago, ABitterman said:

Marc,

was going for the red interior but thought it might be too bright. Wish I’d been braver. Can I ask if these marks on the drivers handle are part of the manual key opening or damage?

Enjoying the car even if so do keep trying to start it with the right hand temp control 😂19087E82-53BC-40A5-9862-814E62C37584.thumb.jpeg.838d399fef26ece61a3394a1da3b6fb6.jpeg

Sorry to say that looks like damage.

Look at this video at around the 14:00 minute point

1 hour ago, ABitterman said:

Marc,

it damaged!!!

that is the services from Inchcape Lexus,  they do not care customer vehicle, that why I am not recommend Inchcape Lexus

31 minutes ago, EVANGELION said:

it damaged!!!

that is the services from Inchcape Lexus,  they do not care customer vehicle, that why I am not recommend Inchcape Lexus

It is, I didn't have a choice in the supplier but was a very poor handover. The delivery driver told me to read the handbook as he had no idea about the car or how it worked!! Was also dirty. Took the shine off getting my new car. Will go and speak to them now about this damage.

Marc,

Hi Philip, I just double checked mine and I'm afraid to say that just like the consensus of opinion above, it does seem to be damage.  On a better note, you can setup the touch controls on the left side of the steering wheel to also control temp which does make it a little easier! and you do get used to the high Start button.  My ES300h before this had a low one and I kept going for that......

An update for those who are still patiently waiting for delivery news on their NX350h. Just had an update via Lexus Link to say they have AT LAST started to build it. Ordered Premium Pack Plus in Sonic Titanium with Dark Rose interior on 23rd November 2021.

• Like 5

It is, I didn't have a choice in the supplier but was a very poor handover. The delivery driver told me to read the handbook as he had no idea about the car or how it worked!! Was also dirty. Took the shine off getting my new car. Will go and speak to them now about this damage.

I need to say, Inchcape Nottingham and Derby (Toyota & Lexus) provide excellent aftersales services in the past.

once they changed their management team, all the services become SHXX.

and good luck with Lexus Derby, as they will only ask  a smart repair to replace the door handle for you

Thanks for for the quick responses, Inchcape Derby are looking into it. On a side note, was there a separate Multimedia handbook?

If you log in to your customer portal all of the manuals, including a separate multimedia one, are in there to download.

Sorry I can’t post a link to the manual, for some reason (probably my very basic IT skills) I can’t share the download.

4 hours ago, Marc Jolly said:

... you do get used to the high Start button.  My ES300h before this had a low one and I kept going for that......

Exactly my experience too going from an ES to the NX, I kept jabbing the climate button instead of the power button. But now I am used to the NX I keep going for the little button to press to open the door when in other cars ...

• Haha 1

The one thing I keep doing is glancing at the middle of the dash to see the time.
The time that is on a proper clock such as I had in the RX.

Why oh why didn’t Lexus fit one to the NX, much easier to read than these digital efforts 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Summerbj said:

An update for those who are still patiently waiting for delivery news on their NX350h. Just had an update via Lexus Link to say they have AT LAST started to build it. Ordered Premium Pack Plus in Sonic Titanium with Dark Rose interior on 23rd November 2021.

Good news.  Do you have an expected delivery date?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links