Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

Had a long chat with my dealership this week as my NX350h order placed in December now has a ETA of November/December.   My dealer assured me that Lexus are doing all that they can to fulfil orders placed last September to December by the end of this calendar year.   I will wait and see but if there are further delays I will, in all probability, call it a day and cancel.

Just had another call from my Lexus dealer telling me that my NX350h Takumi ordered on the 12th of February now has an estimated delivery of February 2023. Three weeks ago my dealer said it was March 2023, so it has come forward by a month. This is the first update I have had saying that the delivery date has come forward, every other update has indicated the delivery date slipping.

At order - August 19th 2022, then updates Sept 22, Oct 22, Jan 23, March 23 now Feb 23.

Is this a sign that production is increasing and getting through the backlog?? Hope so for everyone. 

Michael. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, imgo said:

Just had another call from my Lexus dealer telling me that my NX350h Takumi ordered on the 12th of February now has an estimated delivery of February 2023. Three weeks ago my dealer said it was March 2023, so it has come forward by a month. This is the first update I have had saying that the delivery date has come forward, every other update has indicated the delivery date slipping.

At order - August 19th 2022, then updates Sept 22, Oct 22, Jan 23, March 23 now Feb 23.

Is this a sign that production is increasing and getting through the backlog?? Hope so for everyone. 

Michael. 

Or perhaps it's because Peter cancelled his order ... 😉

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

I ordered my 350H end of Feb and as of now it's still showing Order being Processed, but got a email from the Dealer saying it's coming end of Jan 23, if that's true I'ii ask him to keep the car at the dealership untill 1st of march  for the 23 Plate

Seems unfair!

Only joking, I guess there'll always be anomalies, but I did order through a lease company and I'm still semi-convinced that they've screwed up the order in some way.

I spent some time talking to the lease company late last week and spent some time this weekend looking at other options.  The upshot is, that I'll wait for the Lexus.  Nothing else I saw seemed as good.  I did quite like the Mercedes GLC, but not as much and that would have cost me around £5k extra (through having to use the equity in my current Mercedes as a deposit to bring the monthly costs down rather than realise that equity at the end of the PCP period).  We reckon we can manage with one car for a while and I'll hire something as and when I need to.

It had better be a damn good car when I do get it!

11 minutes ago, PETERPFC1 said:

Anyone know the procedure if you cancel. Does the dealer have to give the deposit back?

Yep, its fully refundable. 

I was just asked for the cancellation to be in writing, so sent an email after the call. 

The car was brought remotely. I've never visited the dealership  The deal has  all been completed over the phone.

I didn't want this to happen but I've had enough , the communication has been awful. I'll never buy a car remotely again. At least if its local you can pop into the showroom and have a little moan!!

16 minutes ago, Caspa said:

Yep, its fully refundable. 

I was just asked for the cancellation to be in writing, so sent an email after the call. 

At the time I ordered, I believed the deposit was fully refundable too (as it was with a Toyota I had ordered) but, after I had placed the order, I received an email from the salesman to say my deposit was NOT refundable. No issue for me as I had no intention to cancel but it might be worth checking as all dealers might not be the same.

8 hours ago, Ken R said:

I am certain that part of the Lexus NX pre-order campaign was that the deposit was fully refundable.

I think Lexus has conveniently forgotten what their pre-order campaign were. I cannot list them all here but  I can see similarities with the new RX pre-order campaign. Test drive by December 2022,  deliveries by January 2023, refundable deposit, no spec changes etc. We all know how that went. Nonetheless, cannot see any hapless dealer in this current climate arguing that deposit is not fully refundable.

Yes I was told the deposit was fully refundable dealership’s also confirmed my NX 350h withe Pro-link and Special metallic - Sonic grey price is still held at £41,405.00 although that’s manual front seats . Same specs with electric seats £45 plus 

photo is from my Lexus-link app build 

1B55B890-20A4-489A-B226-9614E095A515.thumb.jpeg.471df5a19ae3e856723bf10dd8d13367.jpeg

According to the “My Lexus” website ours, build complete 4th June, has left the factory.
App hasn’t updated though so hoping that the “My Lexus” site is correct🤞

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

According to the “My Lexus” website ours, build complete 4th June, has left the factory.

'My Lexus ' was always ahead of the App for me Paul. 

• Like 1

Hi. Has anyone been able to get any details on the complimentary wall charger or had it installed? I believe if the car was registered by end of 2022, the offer would still apply.

39 minutes ago, Gurdeep said:

Hi. Has anyone been able to get any details on the complimentary wall charger or had it installed? I believe if the car was registered by end of 2022, the offer would still apply.

All the info you will need is within this thread, worth a read

The other condition, in addition to delivery by 31st Dec 2022, was that order for the car must be placed by 31st March 2022 (originally by Dec’21)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Mine is showing build in progress and has been for 3 weeks now so no idea why it's taking so long. 

13 hours ago, Caspa said:

Mine is showing build in progress and has been for 3 weeks now so no idea why it's taking so long. 

We had an alert saying “build complete” 14 days after it went into build stage and have heard nothing now for 3 weeks and although “My Lexus” says “left the factory” the flag is not showing that on both the app and on My Lexus.

It seems to me that the progress updates are currently a bit hit & miss 🤔

2 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

We had an alert saying “build complete” 14 days after it went into build stage and have heard nothing now for 3 weeks and although “My Lexus” says “left the factory” the flag is not showing that on both the app and on My Lexus.

I seem to recall that mine sat at 'Left the Factory' until about a month later when it changed to 'In Transit - Portbury'

• Like 1

Well, guess I spoke to soon... Status on the website is now 'Left factory' so hopefully a few of our cars will be on the same ship...

221312691_Screenshot_20220622-195345_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.db4af26bf00e35ceda8f0c8b8fdba603.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Potential on route already then, so hopefully you'll get a message next week saying it's in transit to the dealer...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caspa said:

Well, guess I spoke to soon... Status on the website is now 'Left factory' so hopefully a few of our cars will be on the same ship...

221312691_Screenshot_20220622-195345_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.db4af26bf00e35ceda8f0c8b8fdba603.jpg

Has your dealer not got an estimated date of UK arrival in their system?   I ordered 11 days after you and have a UK ETA of 22/7.

53 minutes ago, Stumpyuk said:

Has your dealer not got an estimated date of UK arrival in their system?   I ordered 11 days after you and have a UK ETA of 22/7.

Auto Sun due at Portbury tomorrow evening - 3 weeks at Derby - you never know 22/7 at dealer maybe. Fingers crossed the Bay of Biscay isn't too choppy tonight lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

I've just been getting monthly email updates with the last being on the 27/05 so just before it went into build. No specific date, but August was quoted and I'll certainly post again when I get this month's update. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links