Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Proud owner of the Mark 4 GS450h and amazing service with Lexus Edgware team...

Hi everyone,

I thought of sharing the latest with you: I hold no finance anymore with my GS450h and I have to say that I am now even more excited to own this car. Lexus in Edgware Road have been amazing, currently doing annual service and MOT (all passed) and will be collecting it back tomorrow.

Also, really worth mentioning: I had a small issue with the left mirror not dipping down automatically (this happened a few days before its servicing) when reversing so I reported the fault and Lexus team informed me that the left mirror has to be replaced (and would normally cost around £1k - it has got the blind spot feature) but a claim was made to Lexus Warranty department and it was accepted to do it at not cost.

This is just brilliant to know that despite the age of my car, Lexus really consider their customers and treat them well. I have been driving this car for near 3 years now and I was very surprised to hear that the break pads and disc are still good so no need to change any of them also worth adding is that I have not had to change them since my entire ownership! I have been told that it is thanks to Hybrid system that keeps the brake pads and disc for much longer! The car has only got 54k miles on the clock - still new as far as I can tell - the engine has not even run properly yet (I have been told that average Lexus in US is around 150k-200K miles with no issues).

This is an absolute bargain knowing how powerful and fast this car can go. This reminds me of my E63AMG 6.3L Performance Package that I drove for 2 and half years and it was a very costly experience: I had to pay £3k to get the brake disc and pads for all 4 and they were only standard sport disc and pads with AMG - that hurt my wallet. In comparison to the AMG, the GS450h gives almost identical punch of power on Motorway and costs a lot less and is more comfortable!

Meanwhile, Lexus gave me a courtesy car with UX250h, which to be honest, I am impressed with this car. It drives well and everything is really good quality interior for an entry SUV - shame that the boot is too small. It is comfortable to sit BUT it still isn't the same comfort I get when I sit in my GS... I think when the time will come to choose another Lexus car maybe in 1 or 2 years time, I will have a difficult choice to make. My wife has the NX 300h and it is a brilliant car BUT it does not match the comfort of my GS. The GS seats are sublime in comparison. This is going to be difficult and I have not yet tried the ES300h, so maybe the seats are also very comfy? But knowing the car isn't 450h and real wheel drive, isn't attractive to me.

Anyway, I am sharing some pics of my GS and UX as a loan vehicle...

262923912_4372250659564442_8385450956041464969_n.jpeg

263003918_4372251612897680_7166418092013546671_n.jpeg

264273625_4372251062897735_6765054420100299501_n.jpeg

264458090_4372250582897783_3970044493455316971_n.jpeg

264716413_4372250896231085_3216494297555847115_n.jpeg

ux250h.png

ux250h interior.png

ux250h rear.png

• Like 4

It failed the MoT first time through though, Nico. What was the supplementary restraint system warning light all about?

And what are 'Offside items'? 🙂

Nothing too serious though!

45 minutes ago, johnatg said:

It failed the MoT first time through though, Nico. What was the supplementary restraint system warning light all about?

And what are 'Offside items'? 🙂

Nothing too serious though!

Oh the SRS showed up 2 days before the servicing, which never happened before - I DID absolutely nothing and it just showed up - I guess at the right time before servicing. But I was assured that it would be sorted. I was not informed that the MOT was a fail. I would have thought the SRS would have been sorted before MOT? By the way, how do you know all these? So you must work for Lexus servicing department then...

24 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

I would love to try a 450h - but prices have gone through the roof at the moment.

maybe one day . . . 

I noticed how prices have gone up lately. There are becoming rare for sure... If you can get one, you will certainly not regret it...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

yes - prices for the mark 4 were slowly getting close to the 10k mark - now they are around 16/17k!

I would want a white or silver one with cream leather with ideally under 100k miles

Crazy! Makes me feel like I got the car at the right price when I bought it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nico72 said:

Oh the SRS showed up 2 days before the servicing, which never happened before - I DID absolutely nothing and it just showed up - I guess at the right time before servicing. But I was assured that it would be sorted. I was not informed that the MOT was a fail. I would have thought the SRS would have been sorted before MOT? By the way, how do you know all these? So you must work for Lexus servicing department then...

He would have just put your registration number from the photo in https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ to get the MoT history 

• Like 1

I have the car back and super happy driving it. Seats are sublime... I treated myself with new floor mats and they look and smell amazing... I also had the Xenon light bulbs changed (just in case as it has been 3 years working without any issue) so I think the car will look newer and brighter night time... The SRS issue was disconnected cable under the steering wheel, the technician re-connected it and all is in order...

I often check the MoT history of a car when I get the reg number - it keeps me up to date on the kind of things that cars fail on. Mostly it's trivial - things like lights (number plate lights are a favourite), wiper blades, seized brakes (often shown as brake imbalance), tyres (not trivial). As cars get older things like worn ball joints, corrosion (esp brake pipes but body too) and exhaust faults crop up.

Most of these are things you can easily check before submitting your car for MoT.

Nico - did you tell them about the SRS light or did you just ask for MoT and Service - 'cos that's what you got - in that order!

With newer cars more or less any dash light showing will cause an MoT fail (or incorrect operation of a dash light - eg non-display of a light (eg engine management or ABS) on switch on will fail). Some specific lights showing on older cars are OK.

If you watch Wheeler Dealers try checking the MoT history of the cars they do (only UK ones of course). It's very revealing - especially of stuff Edd China didn't fix! ☹️

Glad you're happily reunited with the car, Nico!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, johnatg said:

I often check the MoT history of a car when I get the reg number - it keeps me up to date on the kind of things that cars fail on. Mostly it's trivial - things like lights (number plate lights are a favourite), wiper blades, seized brakes (often shown as brake imbalance), tyres (not trivial). As cars get older things like worn ball joints, corrosion (esp brake pipes but body too) and exhaust faults crop up.

Most of these are things you can easily check before submitting your car for MoT.

Nico - did you tell them about the SRS light or did you just ask for MoT and Service - 'cos that's what you got - in that order!

Thanks John, 

This makes sense. I don't really check the MOT of vehicles as I have always purchased cars from trusted dealerships with warranty in place. But it does make sense and it is good to know that anyone can check history of any vehicles. 

Regarding the SRS situation: when the fault just appeared last Sunday afternoon, I sent an email to Lexus servicing dept to the regular Chap I have been dealing with since I have always had my Lexus car serviced with Lexus Edgware. He immediately acknowledged and assured me that it would be sorted. The servicing and MOT was booked for Tuesday this week and they took care of the situation. I would have thought they would have done the fixing before the MOT but maybe, that is not what they must do. The car is fully fixed, SRS system is reconnected, the left mirror has been replaced under warranty, the Xenon lights changed, Air con filter, new floor mats (like for like), and all the required maintenance for this vehicle has been fully done. The car was valeted and it feels like driving a newer car. 

I must admit, that whilst waiting in the main lounge, they had a beautiful ES300 Takemi interior (brown leather) and it was outstanding and so luxurious 2021 year (large screen, sunroof) and I must admit, I was very tempted... But knowing my GS was waiting outside, I settled with it for now.

• Like 1

£3000 for breaks etc on Mercedes wow that’s crazy you previous was a money pit Audi A4 b7 2.0t. Lexus Sidcup  quoted me 2022 I need new front discs £325 2023 need new rear discs £295 . Welcome to the Lexus club/450h great car just had my first Lexus car for a year now. 

On 12/12/2021 at 11:32 AM, Riccccccardo said:

£3000 for breaks etc on Mercedes wow that’s crazy you previous was a money pit Audi A4 b7 2.0t. Lexus Sidcup  quoted me 2022 I need new front discs £325 2023 need new rear discs £295 . Welcome to the Lexus club/450h great car just had my first Lexus car for a year now. 

I know and this was not just Mercedes, it was the AMG sports car. Hence crazy price. This GS is an absolute treat and I am cherishing it...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nico

Many thanks for your comments. I had 4 GSs is a row including the 460, really unique car.

When GS was dropped I looked at ES but was quite disappointed with the plasticky interior quality which is way below the GS. The ES is very comfortable and smooth and would be an excellent buy for anyone not previously used to GS quality.

I ended up going for a used LS600hL which is just amazing…

• Like 2

On 1/2/2022 at 1:53 PM, SSUR said:

Hi Nico

Many thanks for your comments. I had 4 GSs is a row including the 460, really unique car.

When GS was dropped I looked at ES but was quite disappointed with the plasticky interior quality which is way below the GS. The ES is very comfortable and smooth and would be an excellent buy for anyone not previously used to GS quality.

I ended up going for a used LS600hL which is just amazing…

Interesting you mention this. I would like to try the ES to see how it drives, but you are right about the plastic interior. I think it would have to be Takumi range to forgive this car for me with the good sound system... But for now, I am relishing my GS...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

Interesting you mention this. I would like to try the ES to see how it drives, but you are right about the plastic interior. I think it would have to be Takumi range to forgive this car for me with the good sound system... But for now, I am relishing my GS...

Have a read Nico.  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/lexus/lexus-es300h-review-comfort-joy-japanese-firm-aims-beat-germans/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thank you John. This is amazing and German cars are having a hard time with Tesla and Lexus...

Will have to figure out how to read the Telegraph article..,

On ES really interesting to note Nico’s comment as I too was close to buying the Takumi as Fsport touch too firm.  ES drives really well, both Takumi and Fsport, super smooth, quiet and comfortable as a Lexus should be. Also rides better than GS, hybrid is smoother as new gen tech etc.

But I was just not happy with the interior although I admit being fussy and was frankly spoilt by the GS4 interior quality, easily best in class. Put that to one side and if you crave comfort then ES is a great alternative to the usual German suspects. I was even surprised by how well the Fsport drove.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SSUR said:

Will have to figure out how to read the Telegraph article..,

On ES really interesting to note Nico’s comment as I too was close to buying the Takumi as Fsport touch too firm.  ES drives really well, both Takumi and Fsport, super smooth, quiet and comfortable as a Lexus should be. Also rides better than GS, hybrid is smoother as new gen tech etc.

But I was just not happy with the interior although I admit being fussy and was frankly spoilt by the GS4 interior quality, easily best in class. Put that to one side and if you crave comfort then ES is a great alternative to the usual German suspects. I was even surprised by how well the Fsport drove.

Just click on the Telegraph Link.

16 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Just click on the Telegraph Link.

Just tried myself but it's behind a subscriber pay wall so the link works but can't read the article unless subscribed to the Telegraph unfortunately. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Just tried myself but it's behind a subscriber pay wall so the link works but can't read the article unless subscribed to the Telegraph unfortunately. 

Google will tell you how to avoid the wall Phil.

My friend has an ES and I test drove it. I think it is more comfortable, more space at the back, suspension works much better than on GS and quitter too! 

The dash takes time to learn and not as good quality as GS and it is not even close on acceleration numbers (which is a shame but it was discussed on this forum a lot) to a GS450h but that's not the point. Would I buy one? I think I would but would need to be a Takumi spec, this is what my friends also regrets about as he likes his music in a good quality.

I was hoping that 2022 ES would have not just a touch screen and Android auto as an update but also slightly more powerful engine (NX power, like 240bhp) to make it slightly faster off the line but looks like this is not the case, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links