Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Delays

beyond the blue

1 hour ago, Dippo said:

I realise there's been some disruption caused by events outside their control. However, my delivery date has been moved back five months. Even if you take out one month for annual factory shutdown, that comes down to four months. I haven't read anywhere that they've lost four months production due to earthquakes, or that their production will be down by 33% this year. As I said in my earlier post, I think there has been a problem with their delivery date predictions.

Its not just factory disruption. I believe they were up and running within a week after the earthquake.

Its more the supply chain issues which is pushing everything back.

VAG are quoting 12 months to get a car if ordered from factory now. They're prioritising low spec cars first. I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus are doing something similar.

We ordered a golf in December 2021. Delivery due May 2021. It's pushed back to November 2022. I expect it to be pushed back further.

• Like 1

Suspect so many orders are delayed, sent an email to the dealer asking for update on the delivery considering the other reports of latency. Over 24 hours still waiting for a response. Does not feel like dealing with a so called premium manufacturer in my humble opinion. Very similar to dealing with the local Ford dealer all considered. If any customers order is delayed this should send a notification to the dealer to contact the customer to provide an update. Or better still provide a robust method for the customer to track the vehicle. Ordered back in November 2021 and still cannot track in the App or online, simply not good enough...

1 hour ago, Cs150 said:

Suspect so many orders are delayed, sent an email to the dealer asking for update on the delivery considering the other reports of latency. Over 24 hours still waiting for a response. Does not feel like dealing with a so called premium manufacturer in my humble opinion. Very similar to dealing with the local Ford dealer all considered. If any customers order is delayed this should send a notification to the dealer to contact the customer to provide an update. Or better still provide a robust method for the customer to track the vehicle. Ordered back in November 2021 and still cannot track in the App or online, simply not good enough...

My dealer Lexus Maidstone promised me updates every 3-4 weeks but the first one I got was after 2 months to tell me of the delay to October.

2 hours ago, Cs150 said:

sent an email to the dealer asking for update on the delivery considering the other reports of latency. Over 24 hours still waiting for a response. Does not feel like dealing with a so called premium manufacturer in my humble opinion. 

Over 24 hours for a response over the week-end doesn't seem too unreasonable. Maybe your salesman isn't working this particular week-end - or maybe they want to contact Lexus UK for information; I imagine they only work Monday to Friday.

I'm not happy about the delays, but I think maybe you should be a bit more tolerant about the time taken to respond over a week-end.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dippo said:

I'm not happy about the delays, but I think maybe you should be a bit more tolerant about the time taken to respond over a week-end.

Ordering a vehicle back in November 2021 should be trackable online by April 2022 with ETA for delivery. Even ordering a takeaway meal can be tracked but ordering a premium Lexus cannot be? Whilst the Lexus vehicles feel premium all other semantics to date feel about on par with Ford or other mainstream manufacturer, certainly not high end.

11 hours ago, Dippo said:

Over 24 hours for a response over the week-end doesn't seem too unreasonable. Maybe your salesman isn't working this particular week-end - or maybe they want to contact Lexus UK for information; I imagine they only work Monday to Friday.

I waited a week and had to contact the Salesman again after getting no response. Does seems service normally associated with Lexus Dealerships has dropped. All the salesman kept saying, "Sorry we are Short of Staff, and he was the only one in".

23 hours ago, kam said:

I waited a week and had to contact the Salesman again after getting no response. Does seems service normally associated with Lexus Dealerships has dropped. All the salesman kept saying, "Sorry we are Short of Staff, and he was the only one in".

I have to say that my dealership (Lexus Edinburgh) kept me fully informed after ordering a NX450h+ last September and taking delivery last month. There was a delay in info appearing on the app but once it did appear it was updated and indeed Lexus sent an email as every stage was completed. 

On 4/2/2022 at 3:16 PM, rayaans said:

Its not just factory disruption. I believe they were up and running within a week after the earthquake.

Its more the supply chain issues which is pushing everything back.

VAG are quoting 12 months to get a car if ordered from factory now. They're prioritising low spec cars first. I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus are doing something similar.

We ordered a golf in December 2021. Delivery due May 2021. It's pushed back to November 2022. I expect it to be pushed back further.

Having just canceled and order for an Octavia VRS I can confirm the VAG are in a terrible state with their orders. We ordered in October 2021, and still hadn't heard if the order was even accepted by the factory last weekend. There are people on the Briskoda forum who have been waiting since early last year and have production dates in 2023 now. 

When speaking to the dealer about the ES, we were told it would likely be into early next year for factory builds. Hence why we went down the demo route, which turned out to be great for us given our ceiling was £40k due to luxury car tax coming in at the point. 

There really is a perfect storm in the industry at present. The war in Ukraine may have an indirect effect as Odessa produces the majority of the world's neon gas, which is required for the lasers that produce semi conductions. 

Hi,just heard from dealer(Stockport) that car is built and left the factory.

4 week sailing then sometime at factory in Derby,up to 2weeks,then arrive at dealership.

Quicker than I was last told,July 22nd.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Howard G said:

Hi,just heard from dealer(Stockport) that car is built and left the factory.

4 week sailing then sometime at factory in Derby,up to 2weeks,then arrive at dealership.

Quicker than I was last told,July 22nd.

Can I ask when you ordered? 

Ordered mine at end of Jan 2022, having waited (and still waiting) for a VW ID3. Was advised delivery in mid-May. Since that time a change of salesperson dealing with me. A fortnight ago it was still Mid-May, but not showing on my Lexus. Today, after two calls and speaking to a different sales person, I’m informed that delivery is now 13th October in six further months time. Not happy!

• Sad 1

When I collected my ES last week, the dealer said it was a good job I ordered it in November last year as it is now 12 months delivery from order. Not sure how true that is though. There seems to be big variations on delivery dates.

• Like 1

10 weeks 3 days from order date to driving it off the forecourt seems a world away from a suggestion a dealer is now saying a year for order/delivery. What's gone wrong?  Surely the demand of Lexus cars is not the reason is it? 

Wonder if the supply chain has collapsed for all the stuff Japan imports to build their cars, seems likely.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered 14/01 was initially told June, just received call from dealership and now told not to expect my ES October at the earliest. Said there seems to be an issue with ES orders.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, kam said:

Ordered 14/01 was initially told June, just received call from dealership and now told not to expect my ES October at the earliest. Said there seems to be an issue with ES orders.

Ouch! That's a hell of a wait.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, beyond the blue said:

Ouch! That's a hell of a wait.

I know somebody who ordered a VW last September with a promised delivery of December which was extended to January,  then February,  then June and now being told September! Dealer communication has been grim.

7 minutes ago, Ken R said:

I know somebody who ordered a VW last September with a promised delivery of December which was extended to January,  then February,  then June and now being told September! Dealer communication has been grim.

It's because parts supply is so sporadic right now that they simply don't know when something is going to arrive

Our VW Golf was ordered Dec 2021, supposed to be 7 months wait. Build date changed daily between week 11 and week 44 for past few months

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links