Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering wheel vibration

Hello ! This is my first post here. Since yesterday , i am an owner of a 2018 Lexus IS300H F-sport 😎😎. After i arrived home with the car , i noticed something strange , when car is moving slow, almost idle,and i turn steering wheel maximum left or right , my steering wheel is vibrating like somebody inside it is hitting it . I noticed that this happens especially when i’m on paved stone road . I was thinking that is because car is with RWD and because of 18” wheels , but i’m getting a little bit worried , especially that car has warranity . Can somebody please help me ?

I’m sorry for my bad english , i’m living in NL.✌️✌️

85E9CB9F-306C-4BF0-B912-5F41A1FD66BA.jpeg

First post ever!

@Alex00 Nice colour, love it! I might be wrong but I believe this is due to tyre skipping. I took mine in to Lexus Croydon (Jemca) shortly after purchasing it from their Edgeware branch and was advised that this was the case. Also have a look at:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not something I’ve been aware of myself, but it could well be the tyre skipping previously mentioned.  Apparently this can occur on full lock in very cold conditions at slow speeds with worn, summer grade tyres.

It’s been discussed before on this site so it’ll be worth doing a search for the subject.  Apparently it’s down to rear wheel drive pushing tyres with reduced flexibility over the road surface when the steering is at an extreme angle.

In brief…probably nothing to worry about, but check tyre tread, looking for uneven wear, and consider having the tracking checked.  But as John mentioned earlier, these are faults that the selling Lexus dealer should have rectified before you bought it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

If you bought it from  a Motor Dealer then take it back to him and tell him to fix it . He is required by UK Law to do so at his cost.

1 hour ago, Alex00 said:

I’m sorry for my bad english , i’m living in NL.✌️✌️

85E9CB9F-306C-4BF0-B912-5F41A1FD66BA.jpeg

He's in the Netherlands John..

"Tyre skip" aka "crabbing" is quite common (on cars with wide low profile tyres) especially in the cooler months but this is more a sudden jolt rather than a vibration. When I experienced it for the first time (tight right turn out of my drive, frosty morning) i felt like I'd driven over a brick!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Peter. Dozy me !

To be fair not sure why the OP has put London as his location though. (is there a London in the Netherlands?) :confused1:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

To be fair not sure why the OP has put London as his location though. (is there a London in the Netherlands?) :confused1:

Sorry , I put London because i saw there was option to choose only cities from UK , but i find this forum very helpful . 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alex00 said:

Sorry , I put London because i saw there was option to choose only cities from UK , but i find this forum very helpful . 

Scroll to the bottom of the location list and there is Other/Non UK 👍

7 hours ago, CypressPhil said:

I can’t help with the question, but just wanted to say love the car! Great choice of colour Alex. Looks great. 

Thank you ! ✌️✌️