Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New member Snookerboy 147

Jeff Ricketts

Hi All,

New member here so would like to tell you my lexus history, 2004 bought new is200se what a great car and only let me down once in 17 years, went into limp mode with mini coil problem, only done 66000 miles never thought i would own a car as good untill i traded it in for pre owned is300h f sport 2018 11000 miles 1 private owner, levinson, full leather and all kit i could ask for, wow this is over my wildest dreams i pinch myself every morning when i look at it on the drive only had it a month so still learning sat nav etc who needs a beemer

10 hours ago, Jeff Ricketts said:

Hi All,

New member here so would like to tell you my lexus history, 2004 bought new is200se what a great car and only let me down once in 17 years, went into limp mode with mini coil problem, only done 66000 miles never thought i would own a car as good untill i traded it in for pre owned is300h f sport 2018 11000 miles 1 private owner, levinson, full leather and all kit i could ask for, wow this is over my wildest dreams i pinch myself every morning when i look at it on the drive only had it a month so still learning sat nav etc who needs a beemer

Morning Jeff and a warm welcome to you.

As I read your Posting, you are more than in love with your car ! A great feeling aint it? Owning a Lexus is to lead you to a new way of driving`s life. One becomes more relaxed, more composed and more tolerant of others. Audi`s BMW`s and Mercs cease to exist as you glide around in your motoring heaven.A superior driver in  a superior car, one hopes.

Let`s see some piccies when you can and please do join in the conversations.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Owning a Lexus is to lead you to a new way of driving`s life. One becomes more relaxed, more composed and more tolerant of others. Audi`s BMW`s and Mercs cease to exist as you glide around in your motoring heaven.A superior driver in  a superior car, one hopes.

Is it possible you could send me some of what ever you’re having, John?  😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Jeff Ricketts said:

Hi All,

I feel I should extend my own welcome, Jeff, to such an enthusiast as yourself.

My Lexus was also ‘pre-owned’ for a couple of years before I got it.  It was the first Lexus I saw and the only one I drove and I will concede that I used to invent shopping trips just for the pleasure of driving it!

As for learning the sat/nav…good luck with that!

26 minutes ago, LenT said:

Is it possible you could send me some of what ever you’re having, John?  😊

You are more than welcome my friend.

have been taking a break from the Postings of Phil and Linas et al who have been waxing lyrical lyrical about matters that I addressed 40 plus years ago and have been settled in my mind for many years. Still, we are all entitled to our views aren`t we ?

And I have popped in again refreshed,to read Jeff`s stimulating post and I remembered what this Forum is really about.So, cast your mind back old friend and drink some of it yourself.

Stay safe and well.

• Like 5

Hi Jeff and welcome to the best Lexus forum there is. WOW you really did have a belter with the is200. Now you're in the superb is300h. I've had 2 but I have to be honest and say my is250 is a better car just. The Nav is easy to use I found. Have a great future with the 300h and yes post some pics 📸 

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

You are more than welcome my friend.

have been taking a break from the Postings of Phil and Linas et al who have been waxing lyrical lyrical about matters that I addressed 40 plus years ago and have been settled in my mind for many years. Still, we are all entitled to our views aren`t we ?

And I have popped in again refreshed,to read Jeff`s stimulating post and I remembered what this Forum is really about.So, cast your mind back old friend and drink some of it yourself.

Stay safe and well.

I wondered where you were John, now I realise that when you wrote "who have been waxing lyrical lyrical" you must have been residing in an echo chamber 😂

57 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

I wondered where you were John, now I realise that when you wrote "who have been waxing lyrical lyrical" you must have been residing in an echo chamber 😂

An excellent response young fella. I did spot the repetition,but could not be ar*** to correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

An excellent response young fella. I did spot the repetition,but could not be ar*** to correct.

If one Mr. F Sinatra can warble away about “New York, New York” I see no problem with “lyrical, lyrical”.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LenT said:

If one Mr. F Sinatra can warble away about “New York, New York” I see no problem with “lyrical, lyrical”.

It is true he delivered the lyrics but they were written by John Kander and Fred Ebb, are you suggesting that John has plagiarised other people's words Len? 😱😱😱

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Welcome Jeff and great to hear you like your car. We find the one we have excellent too.

Please forgive the old guys for picking at each other. Such happens now and then.

It's amazing how people who live outside this 

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Welcome Jeff and great to hear you like your car. We find the one we have excellent too.

Please forgive the old guys for picking at each other. Such happens now and then.

Here's a quote from an old guy,

“This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,--This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.”

When you don't reside here really easy to interpret everyday persiflage and badinage as "picking" on another person 😂

41 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

It's amazing how people who live outside this 

Here's a quote from an old guy,

“This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,--This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.”

When you don't reside here really easy to interpret everyday persiflage and badinage as "picking" on another person 😂

I sure didn`t appreciate that you could write such stirling stuff Phil.. 

5 hours ago, LenT said:

A good point, well made if I may say so!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

I sure didn`t appreciate that you could write such stirling stuff Phil.. 

I think he’s in danger of being Bard.

• Haha 1

Hi Guys, 

What have i started here, only came on to tell of my Lexus life and it looks like a few old feathers have been ruffled, anyway don't have facility to post any pics at mo but my is300h f sport is in Mercury Grey with black leather which looks great with darkened alloys and in sunlight is almost Silver with a deep metalic look.

Cheers, 

Jeff.

• Like 1

Welcome Jeff. Im new to Lexus unlike you but like you when i see my Mercury Grey with black leather seats in the car park it brings a smile to me. Im in my 2nd year now and i like the car as much as the 1st time i drove it. Don,t worry about interactions on here they are a great bunch of folks. They are really well informed some experts in their respective trade etc all will try to help in one way or another. So welcome and enjoy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links