Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What I Do not Like about my 2021 NX300H

Now done 3000 miles in my Lexus and feel now I have identified the issues I do not like or simply annoy me. Or I am operating the options wrong.🤫

1. Nice to have key free opening of doors why not locking as well.

2. Memory seats really miss this.

3. Petrol Cap fed up of finding it open following car washing.

4. Boot opening having to unlock the car first.

5. The Mouse pad for operating Navigation etc useless and a danger when driving.

6. Headlights not remaining on for a short time after parking giving me time to walk in the dark.

7. Short space of time for closing any accidentally left open windows having turned off engine.

I've now put my tin hat on.🤣

15 minutes ago, Dave 2951 said:

Now done 3000 miles in my Lexus and feel now I have identified the issues I do not like or simply annoy me. Or I am operating the options wrong.🤫

5. The Mouse pad for operating Navigation etc useless and a danger when driving.

6. Headlights not remaining on for a short time after parking giving me time to walk in the dark.

7. Short space of time for closing any accidentally left open windows having turned off engine.

Interesting views.

1) I think the door locking on walking away is not available as Lexus deems it unsafe. Its similiar to how Mercedes do it. The issue with walk away locking is it leaves a window albeit relatively short to get into the car or for kids / pets to get locked in. 

2) I think memory seats are spec dependant?

3) What do you mean by the petrol cap being open after washing? it shouldnt be doing that unless you've touched it.

4) Agree - although I think if the key is within a few feet of the car it will unlock when the boot opening button on the car is pressed.

5 and 6 - agree. 

7 - The car can be configured that if you forget to close the windows, you can do it by holding the lock button on the key down. Its dealer only unless you have the carista app

22 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I think you can change the setting to allow them to remain on for 30 seconds.

It's a default on the 2019 RC, so I'd imagine it will be on later cars. From the handbook..

"This system allows the headlights and front position lights to be turned on for 30 seconds when the power switch is off. Pull the lever toward you and release it with the light switch is in Auto after turning the power switch off."

4 hours ago, Dave 2951 said:

#1 As already stated with the key fob in your pocket, simply touch the door handle to lock

#3 Is that when using an automated car wash? 

#4 With the key fob in your pocket, just press the boot release button. The boot unlocks and opens without unlocking the doors. Close the boot and it automatically locks.

#7 When waiting in the car, don't switch off the Power switch, leave the car in the Ready state and everything still operates, including the climate control. If switching off and leaving the car simply press and hold the Lock button on the fob and all the windows and moon roof close automatically. This may need enabling by your dealership.

5) I was convinced I wouldn’t get on with the mouse pad when I bought my ES but I don’t find it too bad, strangely when my right handed partner tries to operate it from the passenger seat we have “issues”

I can unlock mine with the Hatch Button,I guess it depends when your car was Manufactured.

The Mouse Pad can be personalised in Settings which may help.

Tel

• Like 1

With regards to the Petrol Cap I am talking about a handwash by myself or other. As you wash the front of the Cap I have found that this opens it and you or should I say I do not always notice this has happened.

13 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

#1 As already stated with the key fob in your pocket, simply touch the door handle to lock

#4 With the key fob in your pocket, just press the boot release button. The boot unlocks and opens without unlocking the doors. Close the boot and it automatically locks.

#7 When waiting in the car, don't switch off the Power switch, leave the car in the Ready state and everything still operates, including the climate control. If switching off and leaving the car simply press and hold the Lock button on the fob and all the windows and moon roof close automatically. This may need enabling by your dealership.

1. Will try again on the door locks but yet to lock them via hand.

3. Hand Wash

4. Tried that just get a long audible sound and does not open.

7. My issue is when you have turned the car off and about to leave you open the door and it sounds a Alarm describing window open, will try the key fob but otherwise I have found I have to start the car again.

15 minutes ago, Dave 2951 said:

1. Will try again on the door locks but yet to lock them via hand.

3. Hand Wash

4. Tried that just get a long audible sound and does not open.

7. My issue is when you have turned the car off and about to leave you open the door and it sounds a Alarm describing window open, will try the key fob but otherwise I have found I have to start the car again.

1) give that a go, itll be so much easier

3) TBF when washing the car I leave the cap open fully anyway as otherwise you cant clean inside it and it has a tendency to drip. When Ive cleaned the car and its closed I dont use any pressure so its not an issue for me. 

7) the windows closing by holding the lock button has to be programmed either by the dealer or getting the carista app so if it doesnt work, dont give up!

15 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

#4 using the boot button unlocks the whole car and opens the boot

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eggie said:

6. I think if you pull the headlight stalk back (as though flashing) after switching off and before opening door - lights remain on for about 30 seconds.

Thanks for that yes it works great.

8 hours ago, Dave 2951 said:

Not on mine just a long beep and nothing happens.

I meant the boot button on the boot lid, above the number plate

if you just press the boot button on the remote, nothing happens, you need to unlock the car first then press the boot button

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dave 2951 said:

Not on mine just a long beep and nothing happens.

If you hit the tailgate button twice the boot should open-first hit unlocks the car and second opens the tailgate?? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 2:04 AM, Al D-Much said:

I meant the boot button on the boot lid, above the number plate

if you just press the boot button on the remote, nothing happens, you need to unlock the car first then press the boot button

Thanks for that but that is my point just want to open the boot alone not all the car.

On 2/12/2022 at 2:04 AM, Al D-Much said:

you can get your dealer to change that behaviour, or someone with Techstream so you don't have to unlock first.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

you can get your dealer to change that behaviour, or someone with Techstream so you don't have to unlock first.

Not sure if UK dealers will do that.
Admittedly i haven't asked, and it doesn't bother me

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links