Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I thought about seeing if i could get a Card key from Dealers for my Mk4 2018 Gs450 but they said No they dont do them for your Model but my old 450 se had one and i thought it was a cool thing .

As anyone else heard this or have one for the Mk4 I know the yanks Use the one from the F Sport.

Maybe its one for Colin.

Oh one more point what is the latest Sat Nav update

TIA

Robert

5 minutes ago, KayCee said:

I thought about seeing if i could get a Card key from Dealers for my Mk4 2018 Gs450 but they said No they dont do them for your Model but my old 450 se had one and i thought it was a cool thing .

As anyone else heard this or have one for the Mk4 I know the yanks Use the one from the F Sport.

Maybe its one for Colin.

TIA

Robert

Hey Robert

I have one on GS45h 2013 jap import 🙂 downside is that Battery is out on it, so I ordered that weird CR2412 online and should have it by Monday 🙂

I agree that its idea is great and really hassle free 🙂

16462930598102436661706943277537.jpg

99% sure I have seen on the FB group someone who got one direct from Lexus in the past. Guess it is the luck of the draw with how knowledgeable/ caring your local dealer is 😆. As @F.A. states, the F's have them (honestly couldn't live without it), so why the 450h couldn't is beyond me!

@KayCee just found this from @ColinBarber on a thread from 2020 discussing the same issue:

'Not really sure why it wouldn't be. It is just a key in a different form factor, programmed the same way, and the mechanical key part cut the same way. They are very expensive though.

Use a different dealer if unwilling to help, or purchase a blank one for a vehicle that comes with one as standard and find an independent to program it for you.

Don't be tempted to purchase one cheaper from the US or Japan, they don't work with European vehicles due to using a different radio frequency.'

No F A it didnt have one and like you i thought there should have been i did ask the Dealer (TonBridge Wells) said no these are only the 2 keys we had.

Just Phoned Hull and they say it is not applicable to my Model In truth i cant really believe it really but the said no

1 hour ago, KayCee said:

Just Phoned Hull and they say it is not applicable to my Model In truth i cant really believe it really but the said no

I find that hard to believe. I can’t imagine the 450h has a different entry system to the F. Happy to be corrected though. 

I have one for my RC300h F-Sport, it came with the Takumi pack. I've never used it, not sure how useful it is TBH. One cannot use it to remote open the boot, or global opening of windows and moon roof.

Sure it doesn't leave a bulge in one's trouser or jacket pocket but I wouldn't like to put it in my wallet, would it scramble one's credit cards? It also seems quite fragile, sit down with it in one's back pocket and snap!

On 3/3/2022 at 7:30 AM, KayCee said:

has no one responded on this specifically then  !

maybe thery're lost some where in the Dales :whistling:

google maps on your phone are probably quite economic, sound, always updated and FREE to use :yes:

Malc

Just to add on the topic - I received CR2412 Battery today and it doesn't work with the key I have.

I have a suspicion that either:

- Card is faulty, as it have a barely visible crack in the middle (could be seen on my first pic) - which possibly broke it

- After long time with drained Battery it require reprogramming - this I may check at some point with dealership or Techstream myself (just have not much time to play around it due to loads of work)

All the best
Bart

26 minutes ago, Kijan said:

Just to add on the topic - I received CR2412 battery today

How much was it Bart, if you don't mind me asking?

Lexus Parts Direct, who are usually quite good on prices, want £20 for one! It does seem to be a bit of an unusual size but I found that CPC sell them for £4.73 each inc. VAT.

It may even be possible to get cheaper batteries because the numbers refer to the size, i.e. 24 is the diameter in mm, 12 is the height in tenths of a mm, so 1.2mm. It's not often that the very edge is used to make electrical contact (it's usually front and back) so it's possible that a smaller diameter may work as long as it's held in place and doesn't rattle around. A 2012, for example, is £2.06 inc VAT.

Hey Herbie,

It was exact 3.63E with shipping from Aliexpress 🙂 surprisingly delivery was fast, as I ordered that one on February 5th and got it today 🙂

Ive seen prices around and that was the reason I decided to source it that way - as had no rush with it (still 1 month is not bad I would say 🙂 ) On the other hand sourcing it in Ireland is hard

All the best

Bart

20220307_123533.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links