Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Favourite car TV adverts

There have been so many fantastic TV adverts for various cars over the years, so I thought a thread for us to go down memory lane might be nice 😄

Three that stand out for me for very different reasons…

• Like 2

The Peugeot 405 advert was fantastic. I remember this Ford one from years ago:

Also, not a car advert per se, but one that sticks in my memory banks (spoof of a Fiat advert I think) 😄

• Like 2

It would never make me buy one of the cars but the Fiat Strada 'Built By Robots' advert was excellent, especially the way they drive onto the transporter at the end.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Ok, not really a car ad but ....

I used to work in an office with a chap who smoked those at his desk. I quite liked the smell…ah, different times!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Herbie said:

It would never make me buy one of the cars but the Fiat Strada 'Built By Robots' advert was excellent, especially the way they drive onto the transporter at the end.

My Father bought a Strada as the ‘company hack’ to be used by any junior staff who needed a car at short notice based entirely on that advert and, most probably, my badgering him to do so. The company had always had BL or Ford from the two local dealerships in the town and the Strada replaced a Mini Clubman Estate. Those hacks - known as the company ‘shooting brake’ - must have LED a very hard life.

At the time that Strada was pretty futuristic, with its wacky door handles and moulded plastic bumpers. The one he bought was bright orange. I don’t remember much more about it but I do know the experiment wasn’t repeated and it was replaced by a Vauxhall Cavalier after not that long…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

One of my favourites.

Good grief, I’m having a flashback! Haven’t seen that in years.

I’ll add this one, only because my Father bought me my first car to learn to drive in - entirely so I didn’t have to use his car - and it was a new Lada Riva 1200L. In beige.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I’ll add this one, only because my Father bought me my first car to learn to drive in - entirely so I didn’t have to use his car - and it was a new Lada Riva 1200L. In beige.

Not much of an export market for Ladas at the moment....

• Sad 1

How can I be the first to post this advert on this thread?

Although the homage to it by Akio Toyoda for the LS500 is better:

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 3

23 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

And one more that was ‘big news’ back in the day, but I’ll wager most have forgotten. Until you see it again…

Nice one. I do remember it, it always made me hungry for cake, never made me want to go buy a Skoda though 😊

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links