Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

According to a Lexus Facebook Group post a mid-life update for the UX is rumoured for August 2022. The timing seems about right for Lexus product life cycles. I expect it's too early for any details but I think it's something to watch out for.

I bought an IS250 in 2009 and was glad to have waited for the facelift improvements. Can't remember the details but I'm fairly sure the changes weren't just a few styling tweaks.

I can't imagine the UX will get a touch infotainment screen like that in the new NX as that would surely require a major redesign of the dashboard.

A source in one of the dealerships informed me they plan to fit the Lexus Link Touch Screen as seen in the latest NX and do away with the touch pad. I will let you know if I hear any more unless anyone else confirms this first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just noticed on the www.lexus.co.uk website that there's no longer an option to download a brochure for the UX250h. There are options to download a UX250h price list and a brochure for the UX 300e. I wonder if this is evidence of a midlife facelift coming down the tracks.

When I ordered a IS250 back in 2009 the dealer had plenty of notice of the forthcoming facelift so they could let customers know details of the changes they'd see when their cars were delivered. I got a document detailing the changes (can't remember whether it was a photocopy the dealer gave me or whether it was something I downloaded from the internet). I cars ordered now won't arrive before August/September

1 hour ago, Roger Bill said:

Just noticed on the www.lexus.co.uk website that there's no longer an option to download a brochure for the UX250h. There are options to download a UX250h price list and a brochure for the UX 300e. I wonder if this is evidence of a midlife facelift coming down the tracks.

No, the price list is effectively the full brochure for the UX250h.

8 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

No, the price list is effectively the full brochure for the UX250h.

I agree the price list does contain a lot of detail, although only a few photos. However, when I last looked a couple of months ago there was both a brochure (mostly photos and only limited specification detail) and price list for the UX250h. Also there is a brochure available to download for every other model Lexus sells in the UK.

Yes there is a facelift coming this year. You can usually tell when Lexus start to release special editions like the "Premium Sports Edition". 

Its going to have a heavily revised interior with touchscreen but may keep the touch pad as well similiar to the ES

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ALAW said:

Wouldnt suprise me if there is a plug in as well.

Could be interesting, subject to price of course! Also providing the extra batteries  didn't encroach on boot space - might be possible if higher power density batteries are now available.

14 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yes there is a facelift coming this year. You can usually tell when Lexus start to release special editions like the "Premium Sports Edition". 

Its going to have a heavily revised interior with touchscreen but may keep the touch pad as well similiar to the ES

Wow....where did you get this information from?

4 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

Could be interesting, subject to price of course! Also providing the extra batteries  didn't encroach on boot space - might be possible if higher power density batteries are now available.

There's no plug in coming. Drivetrains will remain the same

31 minutes ago, cur666 said:

Wow....where did you get this information from?

I have a friend who works for the Lexus development programme in America. They tend to get to see the prototypes very early on. Usually about a year in advance of their actual release

Ordered our UX Feb 2022, expected delivery 26/07/2022. Will be disappointed if the facelift is less than a week after delivery! Especially if the Multi-Media system is upgraded

R

15 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

I agree the price list does contain a lot of detail, although only a few photos. However, when I last looked a couple of months ago there was both a brochure (mostly photos and only limited specification detail) and price list for the UX250h. Also there is a brochure available to download for every other model Lexus sells in the UK.

It's just Lexus website inconsistency. Whilst it states there is a brochure for the NX and ES, when you click on them they are labelled as price lists and appear in exactly the same format as the UX250h price list. Seems they are moving to a single document, rather than separate price list and brochure, but they haven't got through all the models yet.

There is definitely a face-lift model coming later this year but Lexus don't like to announce this too early as it would kill existing sales, so they will keep the existing brochure/price list around for a couple more months.

It's very illogical. When you click on the ES Brochure, it takes you to the Price List. In the Price List there is an option to click to 'View Full Brochure' - this takes you back to the screen to download the Brochure, which is, of course, the Price List.

2 hours ago, RRM said:

Ordered our UX Feb 2022, expected delivery 26/07/2022. Will be disappointed if the facelift is less than a week after delivery! Especially if the Multi-Media system is upgraded

R

I reckon it'll be around July/August or potentially October that they announce it. Theyll probably be announcing the new RX early next year if so 

• 2 weeks later...

Had Lexus Cambridge contact me this week. They asked if I was interested in changing my MY70 UX for the upgraded model due out about August. The upgrade would have a touch sceen and the touch pad replaced with seat heater switches. Also cd player gone.

To have a touchscreen it's got to have a big change IMHO. The current screen in my UX is too far away to reach to start with. Give me the old mouse type thing I had in my CT anyday. By far the easiest way to control everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Charli Alder said:

Had Lexus Cambridge contact me this week. They asked if I was interested in changing my MY70 UX for the upgraded model due out about August. The upgrade would have a touch sceen and the touch pad replaced with seat heater switches. Also cd player gone.

Thanks Adrian for posting this info. Very interesting, sounds like an upgrade that's worth waiting for.

36 minutes ago, Beduffshirl said:

To have a touchscreen it's got to have a big change IMHO. The current screen in my UX is too far away to reach to start with. Give me the old mouse type thing I had in my CT anyday. By far the easiest way to control everything.

It's actually quite simple. They just move the screen closer like they have done in the ES, RX and LS

On 4/28/2022 at 4:22 PM, Charli Alder said:

Hoping my order will arrive with the facelift but sad if the CD player is removed. Yea I know I'm old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Navnan2 said:

Hoping my order will arrive with the facelift but sad if the CD player is removed. Yea I know I'm old.

Would be worth checking with the dealer. The facelift might include other changes and features in the various trim levels might also alter.

22 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

Would be worth checking with the dealer. The facelift might include other changes and features in the various trim levels might also alter.

👍. When I heard about the facelift some weeks ago I contacted my dealer who eluded to the touch screen upgrade but that's all he new about. They had little info at that time. He was expecting a full bulletin during 2nd quarter and said he would let me know. 

23 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

Dealers don't really get early visibility into a lot of the detail unfortunately. The screen upgrade is really a given, Lexus has been implementing this on their other vehicles at launch/facelift.

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Dealers don't really get early visibility into a lot of the detail unfortunately. The screen upgrade is really a given, Lexus has been implementing this on their other vehicles at launch/facelift.

Fortunately I'm able to hang fire on placing an order until details of the facelift are available. I'm far too fussy and particular about certain features so I wouldn't be very comfortable ordering something of an unknown quantity. While new models and facelifts do normally improve on what has gone before, there have been exceptions where I bought an obsolete model in preference to the latest, more expensive offering.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links