Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

200,000 Miles and counting

Yesterday had my 200,000 mile service at Lexus Birmingham and today clocked over the 200,000 miles mark on my odometer. I have owned my IS300h Premier from new since 2013, it is the best car I have ever owned and I will be sad to see it go later this year when I take delivery of a NX350h Takumi. 

Thank you Lexus for creating fabulous cars.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Michael, can you tell us a little more about the road to 200.000 miles?

What maintenance schedule did you follow, was it serviced at a Lexus dealer? 

Repairs?  Breakdowns? Anything??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

200,000 miles at 99.9 mpg - who needs an electric car 😉

Ha, I had just reset the mpg as I was going downhill !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Congratulations Michael. I endorse what Bernard has said.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Hi, sure.

I was one of the first in the UK to order the new IS, before I even had a test drive,  took delivery in August 2013. It is my private car, not a company car, so I looked after it. It is an IS300h Premier, fully loaded with the sunroof and the PCS/AHB/BSM/LDA option.

Purchased from, and serviced at Lexus Birmingham with full documeted service history, serviced every 10,000 miles, so that is 20 services now.

I also took out, and renewed every 2 years,  the Lexus extended warranty after the 3yr/60,000 period. I fact I still have the full unlimited mileage manufacturer's warranty until August 2022!

So apart from tyres and wipers I have had to purchase and replace one headlamp bulb, front pads and discs at 140,000 miles from factory new , rear pads and discs at 160,000 from factory new (yes you read that correctly, I have only changed them once since new).

Under the extended warranty I have had the following work done at zero cost to me.

Replacement rear brake caliper changed as it seized

One rear shock absorber changed as it leaked

One tyre pressure sensor changed

Pressure sensor ? changed as aircon stopped working.

And finally, a speaker replacement as I blew one up listening to LED Zeppelin at max volume,  well I have the 835W Mark Levinson system, so it's loud.

I can't think of anything else,  if I do I will edit this.

I have never had a brakedown in this car other than a puncture.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, imgo said:

Hi, sure.

I was one of the first in the UK to order the new IS, before I even had a test drive,  took delivery in August 2013. It is my private car, not a company car, so I looked after it. It is an IS300h Premier, fully loaded with the sunroof and the PCS/AHB/BSM/LDA option.

Purchased from, and serviced at Lexus Birmingham with full documeted service history, serviced every 10,000 miles, so that is 20 services now.

I also took out, and renewed every 2 years,  the Lexus extended warranty after the 3yr/60,000 period. I fact I still have the full unlimited mileage manufacturer's warranty until August 2022!

So apart from tyres and wipers I have had to purchase and replace one headlamp bulb, front pads and discs at 140,000 miles from factory new , rear pads and discs at 160,000 from factory new (yes you read that correctly, I have only changed them once since new).

Under the extended warranty I have had the following work done at zero cost to me.

And finally, a speaker replacement as I blew one up listening to Led Zeppelin at max volume,  well I have the 835W Mark Levinson system, so it's loud.

Thanks Michael. Testimony indeed.

• Like 1

@imgo just out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing. How much are Lexus offering for your part exchange? I'm just curious to see what they value a 9 year old, 200,000 mile IS300h at. Given it's been serviced by them all its life, it should be a reasonable amount of money? Although it'll go straight off to an auction anyway. I don't see them having a 200,000mile car in the front yard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H3XME said:

@imgo just out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing. How much are Lexus offering for your part exchange? I'm just curious to see what they value a 9 year old, 200,000 mile IS300h at. 

I am not part exchanging the car as I am going to only sell it after I have taken delivery of my new NX as Lexus have said the mileage is too high for them to put on their sales lot

• Like 2

Just now, imgo said:

I am not part exchanging the car as I am going to only sell it after I have taken delivery of my new NX as Lexus have said the mileage is too high for them to put on their sales lot

I'll have it off you for £4k 😉

1 minute ago, H3XME said:

I'll have it off you for £4k 😉

Cheeky b****r,  webuyanycar offered me £7,500 for it so I am going to sell it privately and hopefully get more

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, imgo said:

Cheeky b****r,  webuyanycar offered me £7,500 for it so I am going to sell it privately and hopefully get more

If you read all the reviews webuyanycar will beat you down on price at the inspection. I sold a 13-year old car to Cazoo, instant payment at the price quoted and very painless experience.

1 hour ago, imgo said:

Hi, sure.

And finally, a speaker replacement as I blew one up listening to Led Zeppelin at max volume,  well I have the 835W Mark Levinson system, so it's loud.

Do you know how much you paid for service and extended warranty in the almost 10 years you have had it?

And did you wear ear protection when blowing the loudspeaker or now have permanent tinnitus?

image.png.315c5d9917ac54cd65a76000596dd0ef.png

1 hour ago, Spock66 said:

If you read all the reviews webuyanycar will beat you down on price at the inspection. I sold a 13-year old car to Cazoo, instant payment at the price quoted and very painless experience.

A colleague used webuyanycar to get rid of a very problematic Quashqai - primarily because he didnt want to sell it privately for fear of comeback (and the guilt).  Was only about 3.5 years old with average miles - only knocked him back £50 when he took it in for some damage to the wing mirror he forgot to declare.  Said it was a quick professional service.  Chatting with the guy he said they get a lot of very unrealistic sellers come in who get a valuation stating no damage then get upset when obvious damage gets pointed out and the price reduced.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Thanks for that advice, have not looked anywhere else yet as my NX is not due till Oct.

58 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Do you know how much you paid for service and extended warranty in the almost 10 years you have had it?

And did you wear ear protection when blowing the loudspeaker or now have permanent tinnitus?

image.png.315c5d9917ac54cd65a76000596dd0ef.png

I have a service plan which is about £70 per month. Ext warranty is about £400 per year. I needed peace of mind knowing my car was going to be ok as I travel a lot for work etc.

As for the hearing, I have 3 aunts and uncles who are totally deaf, so it runs in the family !

On a side note about the ML system, I was blown away by how good it is, at any volume, totally clear audio. I am now rediscovering music that I listened to in the 70's, and for the first time I am hearing notes and instruments that I never heard the first time around. Well worth it, so looking forward to the more powerfull ML system in my 350h Takumi. 

4 hours ago, imgo said:

I have a service plan which is about £70 per month. Ext warranty is about £400 per year. I needed peace of mind knowing my car was going to be ok as I travel a lot for work etc.

As for the hearing, I have 3 aunts and uncles who are totally deaf, so it runs in the family !

On a side note about the ML system, I was blown away by how good it is, at any volume, totally clear audio. I am now rediscovering music that I listened to in the 70's, and for the first time I am hearing notes and instruments that I never heard the first time around. Well worth it, so looking forward to the more powerfull ML system in my 350h Takumi. 

Did you ever change the CVT fluid during the 200k?

Hi Michael, that's very impressive & the reason I have purchased one for use in Uber, can you please advise which tyres you used & were impressed with?

I have always stuck with the original factory fit Bridgestone Turanza ER33 tyres and had no issues.

• Like 1

Really impressive realibity, our 2015 Premier owned from new is currently doing 2500 miles per YEAR, versus your 1800 miles per MONTH!!

I keep on waiting for something to go wrong with it so I can have an excuse to replace it, but it looks like I will be waiting forever:).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 7:12 AM, imgo said:

I can only assume that was changed as the service schedule states it should be replaced every 40,000 miles

Think the 40K change is for the diff only - the CVT has no scheduled fluid change.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links