Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10 months wait for RX?

26 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

I have enquired about an RX, asked delivery time and was told ...  March?

Good grief,  that is a long waiting time 

But surely, it doesn't surprise you, does it?

This is the result of Covid and supply chain issues, with severe shortages of chips and lots of other stuff (think how many ECUs in just one car) and it's also the main thing driving the price increases of used cars, because no one can get a new car in the timeframe they want.

There is an absolutely stunning new RX in Lexus Glasgow, has been in their showroom for three months, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Dark metallic blue, looks superb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

Sounds normal.

People are waiting 12 months for VW products at the moment, some in excess of that

Things change all the time. Perhaps lead times are increasing.

My experience was car ordered in Mid January expected delivery August, so 6 to 7 months.

I picked the car up mid April, 3 months later.

5 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Try asking dealers for anything unsold on a ship already in transit rather than a factory order.

I was willing to be flexible on colour. Ordered my new RX in September, collected in November…there were two unsold (assume cancelled orders) on that particular ship. One was white, one black.

I chose the sonic white with black leather interior. I’d have preferred a tan interior and possibly a different exterior colour, but the discount and rapid availability made the decision easy.

• Like 4

Looks I am returning to the fold and going to buy it after all, waiting for the seller to do the maths and do the right deal. 

If anyone has found a better than 13.3% -with lexus offer included - offer,  now is the time to speak!

• Like 1

ehm...

If you have chosen to purchase a brand new vehicle, your new car order has now been processed with Lexus UK  and an estimated delivery date has been advised by them, but we feel it would be remiss of us not to inform you of some possible issues that could affect your order.

You will appreciate that the UK, and indeed the world, are operating in unprecedented times following the Coronavirus pandemic, causing a shortage of suitably skilled workers in the car factories and a lack of vital semiconductor chips.  All car manufacturers across the globe are facing the same issues which have hugely affected the supply of new cars.

Lexus UK has provided an estimated delivery date for your new vehicle, but we want to advise you and be completely honest with you that this date may change throughout the next few months.  We have no indication of when the date will change and we rely solely on the Lexus UK system to inform us of impending delays or issues affecting the delivery of your new vehicle.

Lexus UK, as one of the world’s largest car manufacturers, is working extremely hard to maintain its delivery schedule and keep its dealership network fully informed.

We will, of course, keep you fully updated regarding the delivery of your new vehicle, but we ask that you accept that future delays are completely beyond our control and we remain solely reliable on Lexus UK to provide accurate updates.

was told end of August, will give it to you on September so that it will have new plates.

Then the document I signed suggested delivery date end of November 2022.

When I mentioned the discrepancy I was reassured, but then got this email.

That been said, the price is right and I am not in any particular urgency to get the car, but still.

On the other hand I can see that this is a standard letter for everyone, so maybe everything will be fine

1 minute ago, Spock66 said:

Which colour scheme have you gone for?

there was a "Special metallic - Sonic titanium" on display, my wife liked it so - to avoid future nagging - I've picked  that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

there was a "Special metallic - Sonic titanium" on display, my wife liked it so - to avoid future nagging - I've picked  that

Good choice and the interior?

28 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

Good choice and the interior?

Dark brown shimamoku laser cut wood inlay
Panoramic opening glass sunroof
Semi-aniline leather - Black with Dark Brown Shimamoku Inlay
Special metallic - Sonic titanium

By the way, the price was great, cannot complaint, the team was very helpful, five stars etc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Dark brown shimamoku laser cut wood inlay
Panoramic opening glass sunroof
Semi-aniline leather - Black with Dark Brown Shimamoku Inlay
Special metallic - Sonic titanium

By the way, the price was great, cannot complaint, the team was very helpful, five stars etc

Which dealership was that T ?

43 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Which dealership was that T ?

I have asked for permission - which means that they will probably agree for the same deal if enquired, obviously they may well say that they have now reached their targets  - and they said that they are happy to say that this was Bolton Lexus.

That is my 4th new Lexus from them ( actually 2 from them and two from the now defunct Manchester Lexus, who moved most of the team to Bolton)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links