Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

GPS problem?

I wonder if anyone on here can help me with issues using Google Maps on Android Auto on my UX? I prefer this to the in-built factory fitted Satnav I have on my car. When I get a mile or so down the road after selecting a destination the map freezes and I see GPS signal lost. I drive on into a more built area and or to the nearby motorway and it doesn't seem to spring back into life. This also happens on some cross country routes I use. I cannot see in either of these journeys why I would lose GPS? 

So is it a fault with my connected android phone losing GPS? Is it an Android auto problem? I assume its nothing to do with Google Maps unless its my mobile phone service provider has dead spots for signal where I travel and that would affect GPS?

Note, I don't get this problem with the in-built factory fitted Satnav.

Many thanks for some expert opinions. 👍

As I understand it, Android Auto is just the name of an 'umbrella app' that allows some other apps to run 'inside' it and it optimises the display for the car screen instead of the phone.

First of all I'd try some of the other maps that will run in AA, such as Waze, Sygic and HereWeGo to see if they suffer from the same problems.

Out of interest, what phone have you got?

15 hours ago, Herbie said:

As I understand it, Android Auto is just the name of an 'umbrella app' that allows some other apps to run 'inside' it and it optimises the display for the car screen instead of the phone.

First of all I'd try some of the other maps that will run in AA, such as Waze, Sygic and HereWeGo to see if they suffer from the same problems.

Out of interest, what phone have you got?

Hello Rayaan, I will try other maps as you suggest. I have a Samsung A32. Thanks.

Sounds a phone issue Barry. Something to consider when your at home your phone usually connects to your home wifi. When your away it goes to mobile data. My phone sometimes not always switches mobile data off, i have to switch it back on to access net to use my data. Saying that i dont think Google maps uses much if any data ?

16 hours ago, ALAW said:

Sounds a phone issue Barry. Something to consider when your at home your phone usually connects to your home wifi. When your away it goes to mobile data. My phone sometimes not always switches mobile data off, i have to switch it back on to access net to use my data. Saying that i dont think Google maps uses much if any data ?

Beginning to think its a phone issue like you say Brent. I can see the logic of a dodgy switch over when leaving Wifi range from home but its not only at that time when this happens. When I am 10 miles west my home recently in the countryside it has lost GPS and failed to reconnect when I get closer to civilisation. Ho hum.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links