Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Main points of interest are the new platform, updated infotainment and 3 drivetrain options : RX350h, RX450h+ and RX500h 

The RX500h will be a performance orientated version with direct 4 AWD, 2.4L Turbo engine with hybrid drivetrain for 367hp and 0-60mph in 5.9s. It also comes with a conventional automatic transmission and not a CVT unlike its hybrid counterparts

99-lexus-rx500h-front-quarter.jpg?itok=g

98-lexus-rx500h-side-profile.jpg?itok=4y

97-lexus-rx500h-rear-quarter.jpg?itok=vG

96-lexus-rx450h-.jpg?itok=ryYEPrrB

95-lexus-rx450h-side-profile.jpg?itok=-Z

93-lexus-rx450h-interior-screen.jpg?itok

92-lexus-rx450h-dashboard.jpg?itok=qjIo1

2022-05-31-lexus-rx-2022-3.jpg

• Thanks 2

Not sure I agree with some of the choices. 

RX200t wasn't great,  and now all cars are 2.5, 4 cylinder turbos? No V6 ?

Also no touch pad (or something similar,  a knob, anything) ? 

Plus looks that one will have to navigate through the - lovely looking- big screen  for most things, rather than simply pressing a button. 

I guess we will have to wait and see

1 minute ago, talaipwros said:

Not sure I agree with some of the choices. 

Also no touch pad (or something similar,  a knob, anything) ? 

Plus looks that one will have to navigate through the - lovely looking- big screen  for most things, rather than simply pressing a button. 

I guess we will have to wait and see

Yes but the 200t was a standalone engine. These are all hybrid powertrains so have the power bar the 350h which may be a bit lethargic overall. The 450h+ is a brilliant piece of kit on the NX and would be fine for the RX too.

The touch screen on the newer infotainment is very easy to use compared to the touch pad.

14 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Yes but the 200t was a standalone engine. These are all hybrid powertrains so have the power bar the 350h which may be a bit lethargic overall. The 450h+ is a brilliant piece of kit on the NX and would be fine for the RX too.

The touch screen on the newer infotainment is very easy to use compared to the touch pad.

I am sure it will be a lovely car, just looks too similar to the Highlander now

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

The loss of V6 has been expected from early leaks.... and the highlander also dropping it.  The same regarding the analogue clock... 

I can't see a drive mode selector, and it looks like an RX staple - the fold out front door bins - are also replaced with fixed ones!!!

The proof of the pudding will be getting in and driving one of course.  I consciously bought a 450h last year knowing the 5th gen weas not that far away - due to the lack of V6 and the general move to touch screens and no hard buttons.  I am also in the minority that actually likes the touch pad.  (I hate finger prints on the screen!)

One nice feature is this 5th gen seems to have a separate rear seat climate control zone.

Will be very interested to drive it.

Paul

PS It does look very close to the highlander in terms of interior design.  I wonder how material quality compares between them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

Yes seems the trend from all manufacturers for what will I expect be the last generation of ICE vehicles: fewer cylinders, lower capacity, forced induction and highly tuned.

Personally I prefer a multi-cylinder, higher capacity, normally aspirated and low stressed engine.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PDM said:

The loss of V6 has been expected from early leaks.... and the highlander also dropping it.  The same regarding the analogue clock... 

I can't see a drive mode selector, and it looks like an RX staple - the fold out front door bins - are also replaced with fixed ones!!!

The proof of the pudding will be getting in and driving one of course.  I consciously bought a 450h last year knowing the 5th gen weas not that far away - due to the lack of V6 and the general move to touch screens and no hard buttons.  I am also in the minority that actually likes the touch pad.  (I hate finger prints on the screen!)

One nice feature is this 5th gen seems to have a separate rear seat climate control zone.

Will be very interested to drive it.

Paul

PS It does look very close to the highlander in terms of interior design.  I wonder how material quality compares between them.

I agree with you Paul. And I am still mystified by the law which now says £1000 fine for touching my phone but not for these mega screens 🤔

• Like 1

This is a decent video by Alex on Autos stepping up for Redline Reviews

6 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

I agree with you Paul. And I am still mystified by the law which now says £1000 fine for touching my phone but not for these mega screens 🤔

I can see why people think that but last time I checked, you cant hold the interior screen to your ear or move it from pocket to hand. It is massively less distracting compared to a phone.

I will be retiring in a couple of months, was waiting to see what the 2023 RX was going to be like. 

I like the interior but not the lack of the V6.. might end up getting one of the last Gen 4 instead of a Gen5

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Is it my idea or there is no phone button on the steering wheel?

The buttons are multifunctional I believe 

4 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Personally I prefer a multi-cylinder, higher capacity, normally aspirated and low stressed engine.

my 1995 Ls400 V8 limo then ..... zero stress .........  with anything  ........... and 0 - 60 in 6.9 secs ( still ) :wink3:

one day I'll maybe move to something more modern ...  when Lexus aspire to the Nio style of EV with recharging the power Battery ...  none of this hideous cables running all over the driveway, garden etc ....  for those that even have one !

Malc

1 minute ago, Caspa said:

Probably referring to the battery swap charging stations. 

yes so they say ......  just pull in and like petrol refuelling time ......... simple action . just swap the Battery over for a recharged one ....  seems to be the common EV system in Norway I'm reading and embraced rather fully too  ..  just a few minutes effort to achieve another 500 miles of EV power :thumbsup:

If it comes here, and it's bound to surely ........... I'll certainly consider the option for any replacement car I buy for my Ls400

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links