Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sure seems like by the style of the advert, but maybe I am wrong?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202204224925376

I am almost tempted to go and meet the guy in person, just for ... and giggles. The most ironic part is the company name 😄

Must say from pictures car looks genuinely in good shape, maybe he learnt the lesson? 

That car used to belong to a member on this forum.

He sold it on Autotrader a couple of years ago for over 3 grand. He got the car resprayed, apart from the bonnet, roof and boot I think. Not sure why he didnt respray the whole car.

That is indeed !

The car was originally advertised for ÂŁ3995 or ÂŁ3500 - I must say he's taking unusually long to shift this one.

The wheels are original Lexus DHP 17 inch

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

That is indeed !

The car was originally advertised for ÂŁ3995 or ÂŁ3500 - I must say he's taking unusually long to shift this one.

The wheels are original Lexus DHP 17 inch

Yes he has had for sale a while now. Doesnt look like anything is wrong with it either apart from the colour not matching 

6 hours ago, messi said:

That car used to belong to a member on this forum.

He sold it on Autotrader a couple of years ago for over 3 grand. He got the car resprayed, apart from the bonnet, roof and boot I think. Not sure why he didnt respray the whole car.

You have a good memory👍 The reg looked familiar but couldn’t remember why.
iirc thousands were spent on rebuilding the suspension.

• Like 1

Yes it certainly is, also on fleabay, plenty of other “fine” offerings from the car lot in front of his neighbours’ houses.

Strangely no mention of his usual sold as seen no warranty implied or given but still not disclosing as a motor dealer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304495593509?hash=item46e55a0825:g:RZMAAOSwcNtiYW69

" Interminably Hard to Start "    are the final words on the 2017  Invoice/works sheet he's showing on the piccys  ...  and that's AFTER the works have been done :whistling:

" Buyer Beware " .......... might not be overcome in Court coz he really is clearly stating there's a big issue for any purchaser

That might be summat to do with why he still has the car ............. AND his overall reputation is possibly crap and he NEEDS to get some positive cashflow maybe

Just a thought

Malc

Good spot Malc, the car is effectively being sold with the fault declared. The previous picture showing the engine bay seems to confirm starting problems with one of the Battery terminal covers sitting on top of the fuse box....jump leads anyone.

I have a feeling the engine will be nicely warmed up before viewing commences ensuring a fine idle.

The low washer sensor fault hasn’t been sorted either.

A final clue is the number plate.....the car sux so don’t buy it 😀

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Good spot Malc, the car is effectively being sold with the fault declared. The previous picture showing the engine bay seems to confirm starting problems with one of the battery terminal covers sitting on top of the fuse box....jump leads anyone.

I have a feeling the engine will be nicely warmed up before viewing commences ensuring a fine idle.

The low washer sensor fault hasn’t been sorted either.

A final clue is the number plate.....the car sux so don’t buy it 😀

https://www.dudley.gov.uk/news/dudley-car-dealer-fined-for-selling-unroadworthy-car/

12 hours ago, Bluesman said:

A different Dudley dealer, but shows that they have a problem in that area,... and probably elsewhere too.
I know of one used car dealer who was banned from selling cars commercially and banned from being a company director because of many many cases of fraud and deception.
He carried on selling "privately" until they put him in Gaol for a couple of years. Fines just don't work on scum like them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

A different Dudley dealer, but shows that they have a problem in that area,... and probably elsewhere too.
I know of one used car dealer who was banned from selling cars commercially and banned from being a company director because of many many cases of fraud and deception.
He carried on selling "privately" until they put him in Gaol for a couple of years. Fines just don't work on scum like them.

Which Dudley dealer are you talking about?

• Like 1

On eBay he is currently fun*1n*the*sun but was Lexuslegend. On AutoTrader he is Honest Trade Dudley.
https://www.dudley.gov.uk/news/second-prosecution-lands-dudley-car-trader-suspended-prison-sentence

The fraudulent car dealer I knew of was in South London way back in the late 80s.

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

No Arfur Dudley surely, his next door neighbour is called Terry.

Sadly Terry passed over and helping the big G to stop some of the naughtiness going on up in heaven. No I'm not religious.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links