Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"I was just admiring your car - it's a beautiful colour, what is it?"

Mincey

Now the correct answer would have been "Azure Blue", but to the two lovely old ladies who had come to buy one of my surplus lawnmowers, the appropriate answer was "it's a Lexus". They then wanted to know all about Betsy - how many miles I did each month and what mpg I was getting (eyebrows were raised and "oooh"'s uttered when I told them of my peak 53mpg average on a trip to the Saarf Coast and back). It's a shame that they came in their own car, otherwise I could have used Betsy for her intended purpose and taxied them home again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

Now the correct answer would have been "Azure Blue", but to the two lovely old ladies who had come to buy one of my surplus lawnmowers, the appropriate answer was "it's a Lexus". They then wanted to know all about Betsy - how many miles I did each month and what mpg I was getting (eyebrows were raised and "oooh"'s uttered when I told them of my peak 53mpg average on a trip to the Saarf Coast and back). It's a shame that they came in their own car, otherwise I could have used Betsy for her intended purpose and taxied them home again.

Sounds like you pulled, James.  😉

BTW - did they get a really good deal on the lawnmower?

• Like 1

James was so pleased to receive such kind compliments about his car, he later discovered his car key was missing but thought it would turn up and went to bed.

The next morning he discovered that his Lexus ES300h was gone.......a familiar looking lawnmower now stood in its place.

• Haha 5

I was quite relieved when I handed over my 2 lawnmowers to a buddy when I moved to my present house with just a courtyard and pond etc ....... no more sodding grass to cut .........  that was in 2013 tho' ..........  and he moved ........... probably coz he had too much grass too 

Now then, would the lawnmowers be on E10 do you think :whistling:

2 hours ago, LenT said:

BTW - did they get a really good deal on the lawnmower?

I hope so. It was my mother's pride and joy - a Bosch Rotax Li something or other. She loved it. It was really light to use, cut nicely and had a long Battery life (that's got me thinking - will there ever be an electric IS?). As she's moved to a flat, she has no further need for the mower and I'm glad it has gone to a good home. Had I known how lovely the two lovely ladies were, I would have charged them less.

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Now then, would the lawnmowers be on E10 do you think :whistling:

I'm running my JCB Honda powered petrol mower on E5 to be safe. I've heard horror stories about petrol mowers, E10 and fuel lines (the scripts might be different and more accurate, but they're still horror stories about petrol mowers and E10...). I'm now doubting myself - is it a JCB mower? It's yellow, but it hasn't got a front or back scoop. Where did I get "JCB" from?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

James was so pleased to receive such kind compliments about his car, he later discovered his car key was missing but thought it would turn up and went to bed.

The next morning he discovered that his Lexus ES300h was gone.......a familiar looking lawnmower now stood in its place.

I'm worried now...

4 hours ago, Mincey said:

…, but to the two lovely old ladies who had come to buy one of my surplus lawnmowers …

Two lovely young ones might have made for a more interesting narrative…

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Had I known how lovely the two lovely ladies were, I would have charged them less.

Precisely!

When you described how effusive they were about Betsy, I did wonder if that’s what they were thinking too! 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links