Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Porter Cable Polisher

aido

I've been looking at these Porter Cable polishers you can get in the USA for applying polishes and waxes etc - any of you lot got one over here? Any good?

They're supposed to be very good but you need a transformer etc for them but they're supposed to be really good at getting rid of swirls etc..

Just wondered before I splash out the cash (I've got addicted to this bleedin cleaning stuff now!!)

i have had great sucess with the normal random orbit polishers that you see in most motor factors - i had a few light swirls/scratches on my bonnet, a little bit of turtle wax scratch remover and 10 mins later it was all gone, very smooth finish, no extra marks etc changed the polishing bonnet and then a quick wax and it looked great.

and it was only £25

exchange rate is your friend ;)

But time is'nt......aido get down to the big "H" or Argos or Woolies and purchase an orbital machine as fluff says prices start from £25,mine cost £39.99 its the bizz

:winky:

£39 !!

it cant be any good pete

perhaps you would like to give a demo on my car :)

obviously one panel wouldnt really test it :lol::lol:

exchange rate is your friend ;)

But time is'nt......aido get down to the big "H" or Argos or Woolies and purchase an orbital machine as fluff says prices start from £25,mine cost £39.99 its the bizz

:winky:

£39 !!

it cant be any good pete

perhaps you would like to give a demo on my car :)

obviously one panel wouldnt really test it :lol::lol:

Doobs,you apply all 3 stages by hand and i'll polish it off for ya,cant say fairer than that can i :winky: :winky:

I'm anyones for a shot of caffeine. :lol::lol:

Yes mate, the 3 stage on it's own does a pretty good job at minimising swirls and machine is supposed to make it even better...

Just found a 7424 for about £65 so might take the plunge :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
ok just bought one from "H" and going to give it a go this week end (if dry!)

I have two "bonnets" with it, one a thin type cotton and one fluffy like towel... Which ones for what!!!!

NO LAUGHING  :blush:  :P

Thin 1 to put on,other to take off!!

Have you used one b4?

I got the cordless one out of Argos a couple of weeks ago and wish i'd got it sooner cos it takes all the hard work out of doing it by hand and gives it a great shine and cuts the time down with having to clean a big car and you get a couple of long lasting batterys with it to

Andy

Dam, i should have asked for one of these for my birthday :angry::whistling:

Duncan the motorworld one any good?

Dont you need to be a pro to use these?! :unsure::blink:

Or could I apply all polish by hand and then buff off with the machine ;)

Dam, i should have asked for one of these for my birthday :angry::whistling:

Duncan the motorworld one any good?

Dont you need to be a pro to use these?! :unsure::blink:

Or could I apply all polish by hand and then buff off with the machine ;)

Yeah, mines great.

I mainly use it just to buff the paint after I've polished it by hand.

It's really easy to use, you wont regret buying one...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links