Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who to sell to

Hello to everyone . I selling my Lexus NX 28/29th August   my new NX is in the showroom Looking on line the we/buy/ your car sites  are offering more £££ than dealership any recommendations who to sell to . The majority are saying the cash will be in your account before we take the car away. Yes there may well be fees but I will still be into profit

also Can I advertise My car 2021 300h 2.5 Premium Sport Edition  Pan roof Metallic - Mercury grey on the forum ????

Thank you 

48 minutes ago, Marlinleg said:

also Can I advertise My car 2021 300h 2.5 Premium Sport Edition  Pan roof Metallic - Mercury grey on the forum ????

I think the Forum should consider itself honoured, Phillip.  And will expect to see copious illustrations.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum/116-lexus-cars-for-sale/

But there will also be considerable interest in the offers you get from the Car Buying sites - especially by how much the original offer may differ from the final one!

Good luck!

I was looking at this too. Lexus 'forward priced' my old car anticipating a long wait. Normally this would have been an okay deal but second-hand prices are strong at the moment so I looked at the online alternatives. One offered  over £1000 more but I was saving the best (Motorway according to some comparison reports) until last. However, before I approached the other online companies, a friend of a friend snapped it up. He was very happy as it was still about £2k less than he would have had to pay on the forecourt. I was happy that it was going to a good home and a had got a bit more than the Lexus deal.

Incidentally, at one point, Lexus said they would be happy to revise the offer they had made me back in February but I never took them up on this.

• Like 1

I was selling and buying a couple of cars since lockdown, I'd recommend Arnold Clark, they have always offered more than others I tried. (Tried dealerships, We buy any car etc). Give it a shot 

• Like 1

I just checked and confirm that Arnold clark just offered me 5% more than WBAC and 10% more than Williams. Thanks for the tip, I will probably visit them in the next 7 days ( while offer is valid)

• Like 1

LenT  putting my car for sale on the forum do I have to put my phone number on  the page ?? Is there an option for members to PM me. I am not sure how PM works. Thank you again LenT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

I just checked and confirm that Arnold clark just offered me 5% more than WBAC and 10% more than Williams.

Try Cazoo as well. Then go back to Lexus to match the best price.

7 hours ago, Marlinleg said:

LenT  putting my car for sale on the forum do I have to put my phone number on  the page ?? Is there an option for members to PM me. I am not sure how PM works. Thank you again LenT

You don't have to put your phone number in if you don't want to.

As for PM's, you can send one either from someone's profile:

image.thumb.png.14a038abc0c9f4ab0b2b9a8b90fcfb36.png

Or from the envelope icon on the top right of the page:

image.thumb.png.dab15d5b3e260d56687b509c45671627.png

It will then prompt you if someone has sent you a message in return.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

so, avoid Arnold Clark.

Bait and switch, they have reduced the offer by more than £1000 because - as most cars - weels needed refurb, total cost would be £150 to do it privately.

Wouldn't trust him to give me the money after that, so I will try something else, or keep it and sell it to a friend, or something like that

Just not to Arnold Clark

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

so, avoid Arnold Clark.

Bait and switch, they have reduced the offer by more than £1000 because - as most cars - weels needed refurb, total cost would be £150 to do it privately.

Wouldn't trust him to give me the money after that, so I will try something else, or keep it and sell it to a friend, or something like that

Just not to Arnold Clark

I find it strange that I have ever only read one article praising A C  with all of the many others being critical of the organisation. They are strong in Scotland, but still with lousy customer service apparently.

Probably National Senior Management is responsible ?

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, Simon F said:

Cazoo offered the best price for my Mercedes E Class Estate.

Seems like the best policy is to try all of them!

And just dropped the car off.  Took about half an hour, price offered online was honoured (and that was based on their highest condition category) and money was in my bank literally as I walked out the door.

All in all, very impressed.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Simon F said:

And just dropped the car off.  Took about half an hour, price offered online was honoured (and that was based on their highest condition category) and money was in my bank literally as I walked out the door.

All in all, very impressed.

so they honoured they "like new " condition ?

These people come to inspect your vehicle before offering you a price no cost to the customer. The only cost would be if you agree and  accept there deposit paid instantly into your account then cancel and not sell to them car inspectors fee is £75 +vat 

http://sellcar.co.uk

1 hour ago, Simon F said:

I had a similar experience selling to Cazoo as well, I selected highest condition category (car was 13-years old), price quote paid without any quibbles.

• Like 1

thanks guys. I am a bit concerned about this "bank details transfer" whatever where I give them permission to access my account. Isn't it much better if I just give them my bank account details? why do they need to access it online?

45 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

thanks guys. I am a bit concerned about this "bank details transfer" whatever where I give them permission to access my account. Isn't it much better if I just give them my bank account details? why do they need to access it online?

I must admit that worried me a bit as well.  However, my experience is that it meant that the money was in my bank very quickly (as I said, within minutes of the car being assessed).  

If you really don't want to do that it might be worth calling their help desk; I'm sure you won't be the only person that balks at that.

The bank details you give them are exactly what appear on your Cheques if you have ever written a cheque you have given the person your bank details  that's all they need

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Marlinleg said:

The bank details you give them are exactly what appear on your Cheques if you have ever written a cheque you have given the person your bank details  that's all they need

well, they asked my online banking username...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links