Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plenty Of Lexus?

Furiousgta

Hi, Newbie here from Dorset looking for my first Lexus, a 4th gen LS. Just test driven this one owner local car with FLSH today and thinking about making an offer.  I wanted to say hello to the group and wondered if the previous owner based in Poole belonged to the forum too?  Cheers, Furious

4BF94407-2528-49E7-BED6-621B936F01BF.jpeg

• Like 1

looks nice .....  is the full service history by Lexus  ? and of course she would have a fresh independent MOT before you bought no doubt

A good healthy mileage and by now you'd have expected lots of suspension stuff to have been refreshed ....  OEM  preferably of course

Tell us more  .................

Malc

Hi Malc,

Been serviced at Poole Lexus every year from new.  Friendly chat with them earlier today has confirmed this too.  Front end suspension replaced by Lexus around 3 years ago so no concerns there.

Items on my mind:

Short MOT

Interim Service due

Wheels would benefit from a refurb

Would like to smart repair one or two marks around the body

The rain gutters on the roof sides are bubbling/peeling in places, not heard of this issue occurring, has anyone else heard of this?

On 10/10/2022 at 5:53 PM, Furiousgta said:

Short MOT

I'd suggest paying for an MOT before committing would be money well spent, that will either give you peace of mind or opportunity to negotiate or walk away.

• Like 1

new MOT with a clean bill of health AND the interim service done should give you peace of mind to sort out the niggling non-essentials in time if the price is right 

I prefer a well looked after and usefully used car to summat that's been mollycoddled and paying a premium for that alone

I'd be interested if i was ever to be in the market for a Ls600  .....  but I don't think my old lady's ever going to give-up the ghost ( fingers xd ) at 241k just upcoming 

These Ls's' sure can be wonderful cars 

Malc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 8:09 AM, Malc1 said:

new MOT with a clean bill of health AND the interim service done should give you peace of mind to sort out the niggling non-essentials in time if the price is right 

I prefer a well looked after and usefully used car to summat that's been mollycoddled and paying a premium for that alone

I'd be interested if i was ever to be in the market for a Ls600  .....  but I don't think my old lady's ever going to give-up the ghost ( fingers xd ) at 241k just upcoming 

These Ls's' sure can be wonderful cars 

Malc

Dealer agreed to MoT it and it passed with 0 advisories.  Has offered to sort the rain gutters and have it serviced at Lexus on receipt of a deposit.  I’m running out of reasons to not make an offer on it here !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Furiousgta said:

Dealer agreed to MoT it and it passed with 0 advisories.  Has offered to sort the rain gutters and have it serviced at Lexus on receipt of a deposit.  I’m running out of reasons to not make an offer on it here !

Who did the MOT, the Dealer or Lexus, George ?

• Like 1

Bit strange it failed it’s first MOT and got an advisory for worn suspension bushes at 38,000 miles.

I would check the service history very carefully to confirm all the suspension faults were rectified by Lexus especially “misting shock absorbers”

A fail on a tyre worn down to the cords is also concerning, did the previous owner never check them? Also look at the tyres presently fitted, are they at least the same brand on axles if not all around, odd unknown makes all around would put me off.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 2:33 PM, steve2006 said:

Bit strange it failed it’s first MOT and got an advisory for worn suspension bushes at 38,000 miles.

I would check the service history very carefully to confirm all the suspension faults were rectified by Lexus especially “misting shock absorbers”

A fail on a tyre worn down to the cords is also concerning, did the previous owner never check them? Also look at the tyres presently fitted, are they at least the same brand on axles if not all around, odd unknown makes all around would put me off.

Held a call with Lexus Poole who confirmed the Service history all tallied up.

Same tyres all around… Dunlop Sport Maxx

Can’t comment on the previous owner diligence other than he took it to Lexus Poole for servicing religiously, every year

Bought it today 🙂

…and it drives mint!  So pleased with it, exceeding my expectations all round.

Agreed a healthy chunk off the asking price and I’ll arrange it’s service and sort the odd marks around it in due course.

Glad to be joining the fold

• Like 4

It’s not been the smoothest of new (new, to me) car experiences so far.

First off, car drives mint and everything works well… except for… I’ve been getting occasional sudden multiple dash warning lights/beeps coming up which tend to then disappear either when restarting the car after a long journey or over night.  Only for the issue to recur again sometimes immediately after starting and sometimes after 5-10mins driving.

After reading some threads here and having the 12V Battery voltage checked a new 12V Battery was sourced this morning (Large EFB stop/start type) with the vent tube reconnected and temp sensor wedged in a conveniently located groove on top of the battery’s surface I set off only to have the same warnings come up almost immediately.

Plugged into a Snap-On scan tool to clear the codes, can’t connect to the car when EV mode at idle so drive a few miles to my nearest dual carriageway before realising I’m able to keep the engine running in park by leaving my foot on the gas briefly to do the code clearing. 

Mechanic clears the codes (on the scan tool but still show on dash) so we engine off/on and voila, no codes.  We go for a lengthy dual carriage way run only for all the Dash warning lights to suddenly come up again about 15 minutes into it.

As mentioned, car drives mint, hybrid working as it should and aside from several warnings and beeps cannot fault it.

Car has been serviced annually at Lexus Poole from new so the dealer and I are inclined to let them take a look (not at my cost of course) but welcome any thoughts or ideas as the car is with me in the meantime?

Thanks all

The Dealer who sold you that car is responsible at Law for fixing your problems George at his own cost if the problems surface within 6 months of your purchase.

You let others touch it to correct matters at your peril. Ask Poole for a full written report of what is wrong and then present it to the Dealer for him to resolve the problems.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

The Dealer who sold you that car is responsible at Law for fixing your problems George at his own cost if the problems surface within 6 months of your purchase.

You let others touch it to correct matters at your peril. Ask Poole for a full written report of what is wrong and then present it to the Dealer for him to resolve the problems.

Thanks Roy, all covered on that side of things just wanted to share my experience of purchasing a well used and clearly cared for LS600 doing it’s best impression of a Christmas tree which so far appears to be caused by being sat in a showroom too long (5 minutes) and curious to hear if any other owners have ever experienced the same/similar or could offer up potential scenarios.

I’m sure it’ll be sorted and I’ll share but welcome further comments also.

Cheers

• Confused 1

The plot thickens…

The intermittent dash warning lights issues remains but whilst it would slowly cycle through various faults on the dash (VGRS/VSC/Brakes/PCS etc basically everything!) I noticed one error message was displaying on/off a little quicker and the associated warning light flashing up then quickly vanishing… the POWER STEERING light.

A bit of research and it seems there is a common LS issue relating to one of the sensors on the steering rack whereby the pins are too short so can cause a break in contact.  After clearing the codes again and going for a drive it took just one speed hump for the power steering light to come back on (then keep cycling off/on again) along with all the other error codes which remained on (VGRS/VSC/PCS/Brakes etc).

Convincing ourselves the loose connector was our issue, the dealer’s mechanic removed the undertrays to find 14 years of road grime all over the sensor.  Sensor removed, whole area cleaned down, sensor reconnected and zip tied up to keep a firm contact I was on the road again.

Alas, after about 10 miles the Power Steering light returned and the dash lit up again so have returned to dealer and left him to it to deal with Lexus and get it sorted once and for all.

Watch this space folks!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’s fixed!!

After a little wait getting it booked in at Lexus the dealer got the car back today and it turned out after we changed the Aux Battery the car needed “resetting” which it appears only Lexus can perform.  Never heard of any car needing this before but with a complimentary health check and glowing green report right across the board it’s back with me and after a few short journeys today so far, so good!

Was very impressed with the helpful staff at Lexus Poole, very friendly too.

Fingers crossed for some trouble free motoring and I can just enjoy my new car (again!)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links