Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having just traded my 11 plate GS450h for an 18 plate GS300h I have noticed an issue with locking. 
The Faraday cages that worked so well at blocking the signal from the key to the car now have no effect, even to the point where the car would not lock whilst a key was in a Faraday cage, in a suitcase, in the boot. Having tried two different keys in two different Faraday pouches, the car ignored the pouches. 
Any ideas or suggestions?

ps, it is nice having a much larger boot. 

If it has a similar key to my 2016 RC, you should be able to lock the key. 

Lock the door as usual, then hold the locking button down again whilst also clicking the unlock button twice until the red light stops flashing. 

Try the handle and it should be locked. 

To unlock the car, press the unlock button in the usual way. 

39 minutes ago, Alan305 said:

I chose a Faraday Box which houses all our keys and I guess because it’s not flexible appears to remain effective.

Our 3 are still effective after 3years. Best not to manhandle them.Be sympathetic with them.Remember one`s first girlfriend.👍

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Our 3 are still effective after 3years. Best not to manhandle them.Be sympathetic with them.Remember one`s first girlfriend.👍

I can just about remember my first girlfriend. She didn't mind being manhandled, but drew the line at being put in a suitcase in the boot 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Excuse my ignorance, but why would one wish to be able to lock one's keys in the boot?

Understand shielding at home, but can't seem to come up with a scenario whereby it'd be useful to have a spare key or two, locked inside the car when you've lost your outside the car key or its broken.

Perhaps save you only having to break a window and you're going again vs needing to fly in a key from home whilst touring the alps or whatever.

5 hours ago, Upex said:

Excuse my ignorance, but why would one wish to be able to lock one's keys in the boot?

Understand shielding at home, but can't seem to come up with a scenario whereby it'd be useful to have a spare key or two, locked inside the car when you've lost your outside the car key or its broken.

Perhaps save you only having to break a window and you're going again vs needing to fly in a key from home whilst touring the alps or whatever.

I thought the same, and so assumed that perhaps he keeps the manual key with him, and the fob part in the suitcase?

An alternative solution when travelling is to take the batteries out of the fob and hide the fob and batteries somewhere in the car, and then either keep the physical key with you, or in one of those magnetic boxes, hidden somewhere under the car.

The reason that one of the keys was in the boot was that we had just travelled 180 miles to collect the car from the dealer and as we have family in the area we were also visiting them for a few days. There is no general desire to be locking the keys in the boot it was simply that which alerted me to the fact that the Faraday pouches were suddenly not working. I am now looking for an effective tin box to store the keys in whilst at home.

A small steel confectionary or biscuit box works admirably (and reliably) for storing the keys at home/workshop/office/countryside hideaway/fishing spot.

If you've a friend/son/daughter/partner whom enjoys welding, a small stainless steel box could make a useful present from them.

At a push, a standard steel spectacle case also works a treat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links