Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another recall for my Gen 2 NX

9 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

The last 5 mins of my wait was while they went to fill it up.

I said “i only filled it 3 days ago and had done hardly any petrol miles since so leave it.”
Receptionist responded “it is Lexus policy to replenish fuel on recalls so we will squeeze in whatever we can”

Guy came back & said “it only took a fivers worth”

I thought that was the policy but when I went in for the last recall I asked and they refused. As I say, 240 miles for recalls is not cheap and also time consuming.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I thought that was the policy but when I went in for the last recall I asked and they refused

If it is policy then Lexus UK is covering the cost, so I wonder if the dealership is syphoning off what was rightfully yours 😠 (money not actual petrol 🤣).

If Lexus UK aren't covering the cost then I cannot believe any dealer is paying out of their own pocket.

10 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

If it is policy then Lexus UK is covering the cost, so I wonder if the dealership is syphoning off what was rightfully yours 😠 (money not actual petrol 🤣).

If Lexus UK aren't covering the cost then I cannot believe any dealer is paying out of their own pocket.

I know that in the past -on the rare occasions I have had to take a car in for unscheduled work- they have paid for petrol. I remember on the old IS250 a few years back when I took it in to have the dashboard rattle fixed there was a bottle of wine and a bunch of flowers for my wife on the back seat. Those were the days. I will clarify this with the dealer before I agree to take the car in.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 9:04 AM, Ken R said:

Clearly is a growing problem as I experienced the same issue yesterday. Fortunately I knew about the boot release so no great panic at the pumps. Will mention this when it goes in for the LTA issue.

I had the same issue yesterday, first time to fill in over a month and couldn't get it open. I was glad of the advice on here which allowed me to find the manual release but even that took a few goes before it opened. I will have to try cleaning the mechanism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

I had the same issue yesterday, first time to fill in over a month and couldn't get it open. I was glad of the advice on here which allowed me to find the manual release but even that took a few goes before it opened. I will have to try cleaning the mechanism.

Could reading the Handbook have helped ?

On 11/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, Harrier Man said:

With thanks to Jean on another forum, I attach the following:

"If you open boot and look at the same side as the petrol cap you will see a petrol cap shape in boot lining. Remove this and put hand in and feel for a square of plastic, push towards back of car and prise open petrol cap with finger nails at the same time. Works a treat!"

On 11/18/2022 at 12:27 PM, 78csj said:

It was the remote release, it would keep clicking but refuse to open, I tried the release catch in the boot but that wouldn’t open it either although it all moved freely enough. It was a worry when it went down to one bar, but all done, a wee bit ott but I open it every couple of days just to make sure it’s working.

The 'Fuel Filler door release' issue has shown up in a recent What Car NX 2022 long term test update on 23 Nov 2022.  They also mentioned a few aditional gremlins although the journalist remained very positive about th whole experience with the vehicle.   See article @ https://www.whatcar.com/news/lexus-nx-450h-long-term-test/n24526

• Like 1

I've got 19 HV miles showing and dealer is 41 miles away... First tank still and done 1,039 miles so hoping I can get them to fill it up for me so first two tanks are on Lexus... 🤞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hillie said:

The 'Fuel Filler door release' issue has shown up in a recent What Car NX 2022 long term test update on 23 Nov 2022.  They also mentioned a few aditional gremlins although the journalist remained very positive about th whole experience with the vehicle.   See article @ https://www.whatcar.com/news/lexus-nx-450h-long-term-test/n24526

Thanks for this.

Great review considering the issues. The secondhand value seems ridiculously low though!

I gave the fuel filler flap a thorough clean today and it now has returned to full working order!

• Like 1

Another interesting snippet from that What Car? review, he mentions "I’d have to put my foot hard down on the brake pedal before it would let me engage drive" I have experienced this on occasions, almost exclusively if I select "P" during a drive and then try to reengage drive again ... only once or twice from start-up.

I know every new model has real world teething troubles, but there seems heck of a lot for the new NX, more that usual for Lexus.
I'm wondering if they rushed it out to market to cash in before proper testing was concluded.

Or, it may just be my perception because the woes are more concentrated in a forum environment?

Only this 1 recall on mine so it certainly doesn’t reflect your view Alex.

The major problem with all new cars is too many unnecessary electronic gizmos. Someone is going to slate me for making this comment  but if people need to rely on things like LTA, LCA etc it suggests a lack of the ability to concentrate whilst driving

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Only this 1 recall on mine so it certainly doesn’t reflect your view Alex.

The major problem with all new cars is too many unnecessary electronic gizmos. Someone is going to slate me for making this comment  but if people need to rely on things like LTA, LCA etc it suggests a lack of the ability to concentrate whilst driving

I agree Paul and no slatting from me, I agree. Even go further and suggest that many of these so called safety features are actually a distraction to good driving. I know that some are being driven by legislation but do we have to always come down to the lowest common denominator? People should be suitably trained and take responsibility for their driving.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I agree Paul and no slatting from me, I agree. Even go further and suggest that many of these so called safety features are actually a distraction to good driving. I know that some are being driven by legislation but do we have to always come down to the lowest common denominator? People should be suitably trained and take responsibility for their driving.

A prime example being, as previously discussed, the inability to permanently disable LDA (as per my 2018 RX), which is outright dangerous on narrow country lanes, but it’s considered OK by Lexus to take your eyes off the road to disable it via the infotainment screen whilst travelling along your way

18 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

A prime example being, as previously discussed, the inability to permanently disable LDA (as per my 2018 RX), which is outright dangerous on narrow country lanes, but it’s considered OK by Lexus to take your eyes off the road to disable it via the infotainment screen whilst travelling along your way

What's stopping you from disabling it before you start moving?

34 minutes ago, Simon F said:

What's stopping you from disabling it before you start moving?

Errr, remembering to🤔. I made a card to put on the center console when I turn the car off but guess what, I forget to put it on there 🙄😄

I’ll get there eventually but it’s still too new to remember to atm

Much easier (& safer) to be able to disable it permanently like we could on the RX and like we can on our other car

7 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Errr, remembering to🤔. I made a card to put on the center console when I turn the car off but guess what, I forget to put it on there 🙄😄

I’ll get there eventually but it’s still too new to remember to atm

Much easier (& safer) to be able to disable it permanently like we could on the RX and like we can on our other car

Fair enough, but if I had a "feature" on my car that I felt was "outright dangerous" I hope I'd remember to take the few seconds to turn it off if necessary (whether or not it should be necessary to do so is a different issue).

Outright dangerous on certain roads. Give it a try, take a road which is not quite wide enough for an HGV unless it has its offside wheels on or just over the white line, move closer into the edge and enjoy the car trying to pull you away from the edge in to the path of the HGV.

There was a certain feature on our RRS that I did not like which required turning off every journey. It took me about 6 months to remember to turn it off every time prior to all journeys.
Maybe your memory is better than mine 😉

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

A prime example being, as previously discussed, the inability to permanently disable LDA (as per my 2018 RX)

It's part of EU type approval regulations that are coming into force and would be mandatory to be fitted before the NX facelift is due so they implemented before the start date. Any new RX model to be type approved, or even if they continued to sell the current model into 2024, would need to have it enabled 😞

If the UK opts out, I doubt the big global vehicle manufactures would bother with UK specific settings so we would just get the European implementation anyway.

3.   Vehicles of categories M1 and N1 shall also be equipped with an emergency lane-keeping system.

4.   Advanced emergency braking systems and emergency lane-keeping systems shall meet the following requirements in particular:

(a)

it shall only be possible to switch off such systems one at a time by a sequence of actions to be carried out by the driver;

(b)

the systems shall be in normal operation mode upon each activation of the vehicle master control switch;

43 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Outright dangerous on certain roads. Give it a try, take a road which is not quite wide enough for an HGV unless it has its offside wheels on or just over the white line, move closer into the edge and enjoy the car trying to pull you away from the edge in to the path of the HGV.

There was a certain feature on our RRS that I did not like which required turning off every journey. It took me about 6 months to remember to turn it off every time prior to all journeys.
Maybe your memory is better than mine 😉

I don't have my NX yet (maybe never will do, different story!).  Obviously, your experience is more compelling than my supposition!

Thanks for the explanation Colin. I knew it was an EU requirement that lane control systems must be fitted but didn’t realise that it went as far as the driver not being able to permanently disable them.

I get why it is fitted but in certain situations it really is not a safety feature but hey ho

• 3 weeks later...

I took mine in last week for the LTA fix, and now LTA doesn't work AT ALL!   It's going back to the garage to fix this, the petrol cap filler issue, and a bunch of other problems that I reported in August but they still haven't looked at.

Had the LTA update done on Monday and reported the fuel filler flap issue. Needs a new fuel filler flap mechanism so booked in for January. Was given a petrol refill compliments of Lexus. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ken R said:

Had the LTA update done on Monday and reported the fuel filler flap issue. Needs a new fuel filler flap mechanism so booked in for January. Was given a petrol refill compliments of Lexus. 

Hi Ken

As reported before, my dealer flatly refuses to pay for petrol as "it is no longer Lexus policy". As it is a 240 mile round trip for these 2 recalls I'm not too happy. Not sure whether to contact Lexus HQ and ask for clarification

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links